It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Mann talks HEAT, TV series on Vietnam, Enzo Ferrari biopic with Hugh Jackman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Stoooked!

The other thing that I’ve been working on now that’s similar, and it is very different: I acquired an extraordinary book by Mark Bowden which is coming out June 6, called Hue, 1968. It’s the entire pivotal battle during the Tet Offensive. All of the storytelling is told within the personal stories of hundreds of people caught in this compression in this war zone. It has a democracy of weight to each character, whether they’re a U.S. marine, or a high school teacher from Hanoi middle school who’s met the NVA (North Vietnamese Regular Army) military infantrymen, or LBJ in his pajamas. It’s gonna be a limited series, either 8 or 10 hours. That’s got all my attention, along with Ferrari [a biopic starring Hugh Jackman], which I plan to do in 2018.

ew.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

...Enzo Ferrari biopic with Hugh Jackman...

I want him to include the famous exchange between Enzo Ferrari and Ferruccio Lamborghini but I doubt he will.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting. I like Michael Mann movies. I especially think Heat is severely underrated.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Interesting. I like Michael Mann movies. I especially think Heat is severely underrated.

The 4k blu-ray just came out. I'm going to snag it ASAP.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

HEAT is not considered underrated by anyone I know. Its hailed as the best crime drama among the most. And it will withstand the test of time forever in my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree. It just seems that anytime there is a discussion of film, particularly crime/heist flicks, I never hear Heat get much of a mention. Maybe because it's such a slow burn? The payoff of the robbery at the end is worth it though. Probably one of the most realistic and visceral shootouts put to film.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Some footage of their talk on HEAT:

join