It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: Joe Rogan to Host Roundtable on Ancient Civilizations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Don't want to shill for anyone, but I will anyhow. Joe Rogan has a great podcast and often deals in topics relevant to ATS. Tomorrow he'll be doing a podcast with Graham Hancock, skeptic Michael Shermer, and Randall Carson. The discussion will focus upon lost civilizations and global catastrophes.

I don't know about anyone else, but Graham Hancock is one of the "alternative" history theorists that I really respect a lot. He has a journalism background, a keen intellect, and an open mind. It should be interesting.

For those who don't podcast, he usually posts it to YT within a few days of the podcast being published.

Dear Mods, if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move without suffering my ire.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

JRE is the best podcast running on the web I feel right now. The topics, guests, and the insane amount of knowledge Mr. Rogan himself holds is the best all around podcast. I used to be a Coast to Coast person until this new era of podcasts came out... now there's no turning back.

I will be checking that one out for sure...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.
The inclusion of Shermer should make it very interesting.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Agreed about Rogan. Knowing him from Fear Factor and UFC I didn't pay attention for a long time. He really is a brilliant guy with an amazing depth and breadth of knowledge. He also has a great interview technique where he makes the person address the point without being rude about it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Very interesting topic. Carlson and Hancock were on the JRE webcast/podcast some months ago and it was a great watch/listen.

Shermer has long been the bane of conspiracy theorist's lives (i.e. particularly with respect to the paranormal, UFOs/UAPs and ancient civilizations/aliens), but he is very lucid and never treads into the name-calling/ridicule tactic. As you said, it's a great webcast/podcast. FYI - the webcast on YouTube is available minutes after the live stream and you can live stream the webcast from the JRE website or Rogan's twitter. I'm a shill for Hancock and don't mind admitting. He is a raconteur of the highest order and Rogan is a great host and is a decent interviewer.

Thanks for posting.

Also, you may want to consider this ATS thread to buoy the conversation you will develop over here in your thread: Carlson and Hancock JRE appearance
edit on 15-5-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: bane, not vane

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I used to love Graham Hancock and have read a bunch of his books, he lost me a little bit earlier in the year defending Uri Gellar as legit with his mentalist drawing trick and bending spoons.
I simply thought "If he fell for that, I wonder what else he's falling for"
That said his first 2 podcasts with Joe were great.

Randall Carlson talks with authority and I'd like to see someone in the field debate him, he does remind me of a Fantasy fiction writer in appearance and in delivery, I'm not saying he's totally wrong though.

One of the things I realised on the last Carlson and Hancock episode was their snarky comments towards mainstream science, Graham took offense at someone calling him a Pseudo scientist and seemed petty to respond the way he did.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Wasn't aware of the whole Uri Gellar thing. Though Gellar lead a pretty interesting life and seemingly had the CIA boondoggled too. Hancock may have lost a step or two with the whole Ayahuasca thing.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thank you for the Heads up TobyFlenderson

I am not good with computers(you can check on how little I have posted since I have been a member) But would really like to hear that(Don't really know what a Podcast is think it is voice from computer). I am a huge fan of Graham Hancocks books(I have read Fingerprints of the Gods, Underworld and Magicians of the Gods + (the Mars connect 1 I cant find it right now). Would you mind telling me in the easiest way possible hear it. Think telling a small child with easy basic steps or a link.

Thank You again for the heads up. If you are to busy I will just wait for the YT(YouTube right?) Video.
edit on 15-5-2017 by JoeHooper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeHooper

According to an earlier responder on this OP, the podcast will be published the same day on YouTube. Just go to YouTube and search the Joe Rogan Experience. It should come right up.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Love Rogans podcasts..should be pretty interesting.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

He does stand-up too.

I could tell he was a conspiracy dude from some of his comedy shows.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All of his podcasts are LIVE on his youtube channel. And generally get posted in entirety just a couple hours after they air.

PowerfulJRE

This is practically a must-see.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Thank you for the Link.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Thanks for the link!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

ABOUT TO GO LIVE......

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Live Now

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I like how Joe Rogan is very multidimensional about topics.

Michael Shermer, the Bill O'Reily of skeptics...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
its on right now.
very good thus far

joe rogan is a smart dude...some people think he is just a dumb meathead cause he calls for ufc and was on fear factor but the dude is very smart and very open minded
love his podcast

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He's def a lurker here

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
joe is tooling one of the dudes right now

i love that he is not afraid to call people on his bull#

when he is on with people like ari shaffir or joey diaz he can really go the # talker comedy route which i love but when he is in more serious debates he turns that off and just gets to it....
awesome dude

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join