It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WannaCry is a PsyOp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not necessarily a PsyOp. It's a EU-UK-MI6 attack obviously against 2 targets:
1 - Russian interior ministry
2 - China enterprises

This was done using NSA techniques, but was done by the EU. The attack against the Russian interior minister has failed within 10 hours, while it is kind of still ongoing against China. All the EU is doing in reality is to give the Chinese military the whole software and technique, as many of the affected computers are HoneyPots.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Why do people keep saying this type of stuff, do you know how easy with limited knowledge it is to create a tool like this with the NSA toolkit? It is literally childs play.

Here is the toolkit:

github.com...

The only conspiracy is the fact that NSA lost control of there own tools and should be made accountable for that.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ok my ISP is filtering NetBIOS/SMB ports 137-139 and 445 so automatic infection isn't possible. So the next test is to clone my VM a half dozen times and purposely infection and see if it spreads to other VM's. My one concern doing it this way is if my ISP filters these ports at the internet gateway or at each internal gateway. because if I release this in my VM it may jump the bridge and if the smb ports aren't filtered on the internal gateway I may spread to my whole ISP.
edit on 5/15/172017 by jholt5638 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
Ok my ISP is filtering NetBIOS/SMB ports 137-139 and 445 so automatic infection isn't possible. So the next test is to clone my VM a half dozen times and purposely infection and see if it spreads to other VM's. My one concern doing it this way is if my ISP filters these ports at the internet gateway or at each internal gateway. because if I release this in my VM it may jump the bridge and if the smb ports aren't filtered on the internal gateway I may spread to my whole ISP.

That is not how ANY of that works. At All.

And firstly, it cannot just spread to your system automatically, a user first needs to download it onto there system before it can spread to all other systems on the network.

You cannot spread it to all others on your ISp, it does not work that way at all.

You have some serious brushing up to do on your skills and knowledge there.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Well..You are wrong but its okay I know its a requirement on ATS to think everything is a PsyOp.

I mean basically that is like saying "you had unprotected sex and didnt get an STD so STD's are a PsyOp."
Made me spit out my morning coffee with that one. Thank you

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I agree its a psy-op, but not for the same reasons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join