It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistant Principal forced to resign from job. Goes nuts. Driven by Pro Life Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: mOjOm
Also, by saying they're just cells, unlike you and I who are more than that?, was clearly stating his opinion about abortion.

In an odd way by saying that he also calls into question his philosophical point of view and his position in STEM.

Last time I checked I am "just cells" there's nothing more or less that make up my anatomy. As an Atheist I tend to agree that I am just cells and that's it. It's the religious/spiritual point of view that begins to question "are we more than just cells?" ... and if we are, as the assistant principal is contending, than who is to say when we become more than "just cells"...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If they were violating some policy of the school, and were on school property, he should call the police. They are the duly authorized personnel for dealing with situation. If they weren't on school property, then he was acting beyond his ken. He threatened to call the police but didn't for some reason. I would guess the reason he didn't was that he knew what they were doing was completely legal.

I did not make up that he was gay. He said that he was. To paraphrase, in speaking about Jesus he mentioned that he was gay all day and twice on Sunday. Didn't make it up and don't feel motivated to rewatch. It was in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the vid.

I think his overly emotional reaction had him react in a way that was inappropriate. I've done that in my life as well. I don't judge the guy for it, as I don't really care whether he's gay or not. I just felt it inappropriate for you to go after the kids.

I'm guessing you support abortion rights. If the protest were say for a pro-life rally and some guy wearing a MAGA hat was doing what this guy did and speaking the way he did, would you still go after the kids?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Using your argument with the Vice Principal's logic, we should all be able to be killed at any time.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Sure let's just leave out other details surrounding this same story so you can keep it within your narrative that you approve of now.

Wouldn't want other important information in that might skew your approved of narrative.

But yet you think the protestors are wrong too. So what is the problem???

That's all I'm saying as well.

So than we agree; the protesters were wrong and they should seek to be more inviting and understanding of others. They should probably desist from protesting until they acquire these skills... it will go a long way to legitimizing their point of view.

And we agree that the assistant principal was wrong and he should get better leadership and professional traning so that he may properly deal with situations like this in the future. Until such time it is probably prudent that the school and the assistant principal part ways until he acquires this training.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Using your argument with the Vice Principal's logic, we should all be able to be killed at any time.

Or that abortion is wrong depending on how you want to view it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Keeping the flat earth theory out there?
Check.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

That last part about him being gay is also a real winner that you just had to throw in there I must say. I don't know where you get that he's gay either. Is that an actual fact or another one of your made up facts???

Just a point of fact. He said he was gay in the video ... I assume he was telling the truth.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Obviously it's a debatable question that is dependent upon one's world view. That's why people protest on both sides. Science doesn't prove that a small collection of cells has any more or less worth or intrinsic value than a larger group of similar cells. Many religious views think that life is more than that. That's the conundrum. If you honestly believe as these young people seemingly do, then you believe abortion is murder. According to MLK, they have a moral obligation to protest legalized abortion.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Bed time for me. This was a fun discussion. Thank you mojo and Toby
edit on 15-5-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Obviously it's a debatable question that is dependent upon one's world view. That's why people protest on both sides. Science doesn't prove that a small collection of cells has any more or less worth or intrinsic value than a larger group of similar cells. Many religious views think that life is more than that. That's the conundrum. If you honestly believe as these young people seemingly do, then you believe abortion is murder. According to MLK, they have a moral obligation to protest legalized abortion.

One more post under the wire.

I would agree with this point. That is why as an Atheist I do not begrudge pro-life activists; if they do believe abortion is murder than they have a moral obligation to protest it.

I do not agree with them that it is murder; but I would think less of them if they didn't protest what they perceive as murder. ... who in their right mind wouldn't protest murder.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Right back atcha

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Also, by saying they're just cells, unlike you and I who are more than that?, was clearly stating his opinion about abortion.

In an odd way by saying that he also calls into question his philosophical point of view and his position in STEM.

Last time I checked I am "just cells" there's nothing more or less that make up my anatomy. As an Atheist I tend to agree that I am just cells and that's it. It's the religious/spiritual point of view that begins to question "are we more than just cells?" ... and if we are, as the assistant principal is contending, than who is to say when we become more than "just cells"...

If you are "just cells", and we establish that it is perfectly fine to destroy "just cells", then I guess it would be perfectly fine for me to kill you.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

1. He's not a student and if I remember right, they weren't on the school grounds.

2. Telling someone to shut up is still just him speaking. He didn't force them into silence. Those two kids were making false statements about him however by saying "He supports Murdering children." Which he never said. In fact he never said he was pro-choice or that he supported abortion at all. Just that he didn't want them spreading pro-life material at that school. So actually those kids were making false accusations about him to the public.

Did you watch the same video I did ?

He said fetuses weren't human.. just a bunch of cells ?

He also said the fetuses could go to hell along with the kids trying to bring exposure to this... yet he doesn't believe in hell 🤔

The guy was losing it bad and he needed to resign .

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Holy S*** what a boring waste of 18 minutes of my life. Seriously both regardless of politics are ANNOYING AS F*** to listen to. Made popcorn for nothing. I don't care about the cussing at kids part either, grow a pair.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You know whats also sad is that he was waving a lot of those cars and calling them by their names - he knew the parents....a caring teacher.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Meh typical right wing snowflake harrasing people, but hey what floats your boat.

I don't agree with the Christian dogma, but I do support free speech.

This is another typical liberal Authoritarian trying to shut down alternative views. You won't see so called 'right wing' people shutting down free speech like this fool.

Idk...

Telling other people's children your God is gonna kidnap their souls and torture them for all eternity , if they don't play ball. Is kinda jacked up..

If your telling kids the intricacies of fellatio your gonna catch a little hell to.

It is more like hate speech. In fact it's terrorism.

Telling children they will be tortured forever in pain if they don't do what these people think their God wants.

Sick people those protesters.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The kids shoulda went all antifa on his fat ass.

Singing show tunes too.

I'm glad he quit, don't need that crap from people that are supposed to teach kids.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

so, he was protecting them from free speech off of school property while still on the clock and being paid by Christian and non christian taxpayer money.He wasn`t being paid to enforce his political or religious views on anyone either on school property or off.

what he did was unethical, unprofessional and probably illegal, he CLEARLY wasn`t qualified to be a vice principle.

How do you know that those taxpayers weren't paying him to do exactly what he did???

because it`s illegal for a public servant to try to enforce their personal political or religious views on anyone while they are on the clock and being paid by the taxpayers.

Just imagine that these weren't people you agree with in some way - imagine they were promoting Sharia Law and telling the kids they would go to hell if they didn't follow Allah.

Or imagine they were some other group - a non-Christian cult that was trying to convert students as they left?

How would you feel about this guy now? Seriously ask yourself that question. I throw that open to everyone who is saying how inappropriate his reaction was - my theory is that his behavior is simply human and he's doing what he thinks is right.

He perceived the religious converters as a threat. So replace the religion and see if people here still think he acted badly, or would he be a hero for defending the kids from inappropriate influencers.

It's all a matter of what you believe.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I agree to a point. I really do. I get what you mean but I think at the end of the day we are all human beings and I can tell you the amount of rubbish I've had to put with, listen to the way kids talk to their parents in front of their teachers, I've seen and heard things from these kids that would make most people want to clap them across the face but I've had to hold my tongue but there have been moments when I've reached breaking point but thankfully I walked away maybe this guy couldn't and it annoys me that he is expected to just listen to people who, the moment see they might get a rise out of someone, flip on their phones and start filming to wind him/her up.

I just feel sorry for the bloke. People are truly not looking to push a political view or personal view, they're trying to see how far they can push someone so they can add a video to youtube.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I doubt he went on his own accord. It would've been more like it was either jump or be pushed and he chose jump. I get your point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join