It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need to discuss sourcing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Propaganda has really kicked into overdrive. The 'Big Lie' is becoming a reality.

a reply to: EartOccupant

Yep, yep.

I've thought that might be the reason also, activity and clicks = revenue if I'm not mistaken, I hope ATS doesn't become a click bait type of site.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Yep, yep.

I've thought that might be the reason also, activity and clicks = revenue if I'm not mistaken, I hope ATS doesn't become a click bait type of site.

To be honest, i do not think it will be doable for ATS to decide what is fake and what is not.. maybe in hindsight, but that would be a major administrative burden.

But i think the same is for the UFO forum for example. Just because some "collector" of youtubes posts a lot of fakes, does not make everything he collects and posts automatically fake.

That would be ignorance and arrogance, yet it happens.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I agree that sifting the fake from the truth would be difficult, but some posts seems pretty straight forward, like the one I mentioned. When a post is moved to the Hoax bin it doesn't stop the conversation (or shouldn't IMO), but it does let people know that the premise of the OP is false.

Yep "Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

What is worse is they are getting away with it. Very few are questioning the validity of anything the MSM puts out and it's rather frustrating.

To older folks; has it always been this bad? Did anyone ever question Peter Jennings?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm 56, and I remember when the news was just reported as news and then there 'might' be a commentary segment. IMO the news organizations found that more people were tuning in to here the commentary then the actual news so we started to get more commentary then news. Then CNN came on the scene and commentary "news" really started to take off.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If that is true than my assertion that "most folks genuinely want the truth" is completely false.

It's a sad day when people want to hear their own thoughts repeated and not question any of it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Unfortunately I think most people just want to be entertained, that's why pro sports and all these "reality" shows are so popular, very few people want to "deal" with reality.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Count me as one of em!! When time permits

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

LOL I would try to watch sports with my dad but always ended up falling asleep, loved to play but watching on TV... Snooze.

And reality TV well... I do like some of the survival shows, and maybe some American Pickers, and a lot of the car build shows so... yeah, I'm not exactly innocent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join