It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another suicide on Facebook Live

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Cynical....perhaps. Not entirely impossible, though.

That reminds me.
When Judas Priest were accused of backward masking messages on their records after some fans committed suicide, Rob Halford was in court to defend the band.
(Paraphrasing here) He said "I don't want to sound like some kind of money grabber here but I don't want my fans dead, I would sell less records!"
Not a good business model.
No repeat customers.

I'm sure Facebook would say something similar.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well we should both be able to agree that the human condition is extremely complex and no two individuals are the same.

The stigma definitely exists, and that's why I continue to bring up these cases. A lot of people think some people are just born and wired differently. Yes in some cases, but in most cases is not that simple. It's a case of nature vs nurture, and nurture is a lot more significant than most want to admit.

Also, when I say social media, I mean society in general but I focus on social media because it plays a significant role in influencing society and is imo all part of the indoctrination. (Which is a completely different topic)

I understand the difference between being depressed and being a drama queen and I agree with you for the most part, but I believe for some that having an audience is enough to push somebody over the edge.

I think the point I'm trying to make with all of these threads is that social media has turned us into the most narcissistic and entitled era.

Take that for what you will.

edit on 15-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I think the point I'm trying to make with all of these threads is that social media has turned us into the most narcissistic and entitled era.

Take that for what you will.

I think most humans have always been that way, social media has just made it easier for them to be that way but I get your point even if you're op looked like you were trying to place the blame on social media and yes issues in society are largely to blame for people getting depressed (money, social status, relationships, etc all factors we judge a person on which is just silly but it is what it is)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
the dude was mentally ill and abusing his girlfriend so I would say this was the perfect ending for society and his ex girlfriend.
it could have been worse he could have killed her!
edit on 15-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Good thing life insurance doesn't cover suicides.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Sounds like there's a market for it. Some enterprising coder should create "SuicideTube," and maybe make a few bucks.

Only for the sick and depraved.. but heh.. would be a good way to sort out the sickos that would actually get their thrills watching suicides. Might be a way for LE to keep a better eye out for the seriously mentally screwed ones 😕

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
the dude was mentally ill and abusing his girlfriend so I would say this was the perfect ending for society and his ex girlfriend.
it could have been worse he could have killed her!

Nothing perfect about that ending.

That woman has to live with that horror and pain the rest of her life .. and his family as well.

The man needed help.. and it sounds like he needed it for awhile...a very sad ending indeed for any human.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Now that is sounding more like The Running Man or a version of Battle Royal with criminals. Not sure it makes us better as a society to have a modern day Romanesque gladiator arena, especially when some of these people are committing suicide, which is a very sad affair.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What a selfish A^^hole I'm glad he is a goner.

Life's boring people and sucks sometimes. Get over it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa
As big business is soulless, the sacrifice of a few is worth the increase in revenue, hell, just look at big Pharma or the mobile phone industry or junk food industry or tobacco industry. So long as the profits are going up, they don't care if they kill a few on the way. Even the funeral and florist industry profits. Yup, I am still sounding cynical, 😒

top topics

<< 1   >>

join