It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump “revealed more information to Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies”

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

You don't need much imagination to understand what these two guys are thinking..

Yet that's all you have.

Quite the over active imagination too, lol.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: D8Tee

Israel. Yes, that now seems to be the case. Love 'em or 'not, one does not f*** with Israeli intelligence.

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"
www.buzzfeed.com...

"Israeli official"... "buzzfeed".

Liberals trying to regain some some credibility. hint.. it's too late.

Funny part is they just outed where the information came from. The press is outing the intelligent community could it get any stranger?
edit on 5/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

link   

Meanwhile, classified information leaked by unelected bureaucrats, unaccountable, unelected ...

Oh wait.....So it was classified? I thought Trump was sticking with the story that legally, when he shares something it becomes un-classified...classification authority and all..

ya know...Classified when he shared it...not after he shared it and the debacle was leaked to the press?

But hell..I will go with your reasoning. That means Trump should be charged under the Espionage Act, like any congress person would be if they had done the same while chatting with the Russians.

The President is not bound by classification. A leaker is. Simple to understand.

???
That was an odd thing to make up.

Yes a President is bound by classification.
He can also declassify anything he likes at any time.

He can not share one thing publicly (or with the Russians) on a whim ...but at the same time decide anyone else who repeats it can be prosecuted.

Intel is either classified or it is not. Can't be both.

Trump can maintain that the intel he shared is not classified, cuz he is the President and shared it.

Or he can claim it remains classified and he shared it with the Russians.

The latter would make him guilty of Espionage.

Since he chose to declassify it by sharing it with the Russians...the leakers were not leaking classified information.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Meanwhile, classified information leaked by unelected bureaucrats, unaccountable, unelected ...

Oh wait.....So it was classified? I thought Trump was sticking with the story that legally, when he shares something it becomes un-classified...classification authority and all..

ya know...Classified when he shared it...not after he shared it and the debacle was leaked to the press?

But hell..I will go with your reasoning. That means Trump should be charged under the Espionage Act, like any congress person would be if they had done the same while chatting with the Russians.

The President is not bound by classification. A leaker is. Simple to understand.

???

He can not share one thing publicly (or with the Russians) on a whim ...but at the same time decide anyone else who repeats it can be prosecuted.

Trump can maintain that the intel he shared is not classified, cuz he is the President and shared it.

Since he chose to declassify it by sharing it with the Russians...the leakers were not leaking classified information.

No. He is not bound by classification. He does not need to 'unclassify' anything. He can reveal what others can not.
In fact a President does not even have security clearance as it is not required.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

source for this please

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

???

Wrong the president can decide what is called need to know. He deemed the Russians needed to know he didn't decide the press did.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

???

Wrong the president can decide what is called need to know. He deemed the Russians needed to know he didn't decide the press did.

These people like to create new realities to fit their fake news stories. Fairly standard.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If only The Donald had remained a private person and not ventured into becoming, once again, a vanity candidate. The GOP, the American voter, America, and now the world would not have to be subjected to the worst of an unfolding American political and governmental tragedy. America's enemies will take advantage of this crisis, our friends will wonder what, if anything, will be done. Those "friendly" to us may now laugh to themselves and take advantage of this crisis, not necessarily destroying America, but leaving it in a weakened state, floundering.

If The Donald had remained a private citizen, he may even have lessened/fended off the personal and business consequences from his criminal involvement with Russian criminals. Trump is caged and wounded, and no telling what he will do next.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The President is not bound by classification. A leaker is.

You say that. But was it not the President himself who just leaked classified intelligence to an adversary?

Russia is not an ally in the fight with ISIS. They fight ISIS for different reasons. Usually to support Assad.

McMaster: There are no leaks.

Trump: Definitely leaks.

McMaster: No harm done.

Israel: Definitely harm done.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Glad you are at least focused on the real story though - even the staunchest liberals are embarrassed over this latest bout of fake news.

fake news. Nothing to see here comrades.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sharing intelligence, classified or not, is not espionage. That's one of the dumbest statement I've ever read on ATS.

Governments share classified intelligence every damn day with one another across the globe. Think is CIA and MI6 don't share classified info on terrorism?

This whole discussion and MSM talking point is beyond foolish. It's no different than when Obama shared classified intelligence with Russia on Syria. Standard operating procedure. This just once again boils down to "I hate Trump".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reaganero

Glad you are at least focused on the real story though - even the staunchest liberals are embarrassed over this latest bout of fake news.

fake news. Nothing to see here comrades.

Don't do yourself an injustice. There is PLENTY to see here...desperate liberals throwing the kitchen sink to try and undermine democracy... fun to watch.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

The President is not bound by classification. A leaker is.

You say that. But was it not the President himself who just leaked classified intelligence to an adversary?

Russia is not an ally in the fight with ISIS. They fight ISIS for different reasons. Usually to support Assad.

McMaster: There are no leaks.

Trump: Definitely leaks.

McMaster: No harm done.

Israel: Definitely harm done.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

The reality of this is saving people's lives. They have people from many countries use their passenger jets. I know the Russians are evil and all but if we can prevent them from blowing up passengers on a plane we should try. I know you hate Russians but they don't deserve to die if it can be avoided.

Did I mention I have relatives there and trust me they don't like being blown up
edit on 5/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What is really burning the trump haters today is that Trump does actually get to decide who he shares classified info with, as he WON the election.
It is his decision as potus. It is not illegal.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — Intelligence showing that the Islamic State is developing a bomb hidden in portable electronics spurred the United States and Britain on Tuesday to bar passengers from airports in a total of 10 Muslim-majority countries from carrying laptop computers, iPads and other devices larger than a cellphone aboard direct inbound flights, two senior American counterterrorism officials said.

Are the dems going to go after the NYT as well?
Is this not the critical intel trump shared with the dirty dirty commies?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Sharing intelligence, classified or not, is not espionage. That's one of the dumbest statement I've ever read on ATS.

Governments share classified intelligence every damn day with one another across the globe. Think is CIA and MI6 don't share classified info on terrorism?

This whole discussion and MSM talking point is beyond foolish. It's no different than when Obama shared classified intelligence with Russia on Syria. Standard operating procedure. This just once again boils down to "I hate Trump".

I hate him too.
Believe me.
Its bigly.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Yep and attention is turning to the traitor(s) who decided that they could second guess the man with the authority to act on behalf of the American people to keep them safe. Whoever is was is going to jail.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Except that we aren't a democracy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Except that we aren't a democracy.

Yes you are actually. A representative democracy. Democratic systems have many forms - one of which is integral to the system of govt in the USA.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Agree if they find out who leaked it involves jail time. Especially after the white house had all ready complained to comey about leaks. I have a feeling an investigation is coming.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

How you gathered that I hate Russians from that post is beyond me. We are not their allies, but i don't wish death upon any Russians.

Colin Kahl, former Vice President Joseph Biden’s national security adviser, and Hal Brands, former special assistant to the secretary of defense for strategic planning, wrote last February in Foreign Policy that Russia’s “overarching goal, and one that it has been fairly successful in achieving, is to fortify the Assad regime in power and thereby protect Russia’s strategic position in Syria and the broader Middle East.”

Jim Townsend, Obama’s former deputy assistant secretary of defense for European and NATO policy, told me he adamantly disagreed with the current administration’s belief that Moscow would be willing to become a more energetic partner in the ISIS fight. “NO!!!!!” he said in a written exchange with me after I asked whether if Russia is an ally in the anti-ISIS fight. “Whatever they do against ISIS is done to protect themselves or to support Assad,” he said. “It's a different kind of fight for them.”

In a press statement, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), the chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said, “the time President Trump spent sharing sensitive information with the Russians was time he did not spend focusing on Russia’s aggressive behavior” or stopping its “slaughter of innocent civilians and targeting of hospitals in Syria.”

Russia is not our ally.

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join