It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump “revealed more information to Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies”

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you really denying that had the roles been reversed and a Democrat POTUS made this mistake you guys wouldn't be ready to crucify that person on the spot?
edit on 16-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
haha according to latest news, Israel now may have American foreign policy by Trump's ba**s. What concessions will they demand? Interesting turn of events.

You have it backwards. If America walked away, Israel would cease to exist within a year.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Believe what you will. The truth is it has been going on for years. Obama even did it with Netanyahu.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Meanwhile, classified information leaked by unelected bureaucrats, unaccountable, unelected and faceless officials, to a hostile press and their obsequious followers, all for the purpose of undermining a democratically elected leader, doesn't even get mentioned.

I know. I hate it when people stand up for what they believe in.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The truth is that I don't believe you without posted evidence.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Partner was likely Israel, Mossad not going to be happy with him sharing the intel.

This could impact the quality of intel that the US receives from it's partners in the future.

Trump needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

He's managing to piss everyone off, and with good reason.

Jim Jeffrey, a former US ambassador who served as deputy national security adviser in the George W. Bush administration, told Business Insider the report would be more concerning if Trump had shared those intelligence sources and methods with the Russians. But he cautioned that "the ally who provided the info will have to be told, and that could restrict future reporting" of sensitive intelligence between the partners.

Jeremy Bash, the former Pentagon chief of staff under President Barack Obama, echoed that sentiment: "Giving the Russians intelligence that our counterterrorism partners have asked us to protect is incredibly dangerous," he told The Wall Street Journal. "It will ensure that those partners don't share with us the information we need to protect ourselves."

Many have noted that Trump, as president, is legally allowed to essentially disclose classified information to whomever he wants. But the fact that the information he shared was not a US secret, but that of an American ally, may complicate his authority to declassify information at will. Matthew Rosenberg of The New York Times told CNN on Monday that the intel came from a close "Middle Eastern ally."

"This is appalling," said Eliot Cohen, a professor at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies and former counsel to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. "If accidental, it would be a firing offense for anyone else. If deliberate, it would be treason."

"It's so mind-boggling, I don't even know what to say," Eric Edelman, who served as undersecretary of defense during the George W. Bush administration, told The Wall Street Journal. "I'm completely gobsmacked. It's jeopardizing a human source. It's the one thing you're trained to never do. If what Post is reporting is true, it's a stunning indication of his unfitness for office."

"This is the most serious charge ever made against a sitting president of the United States," Harvard professor and constitutional law scholar Alan Dershowitz said.

Source

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: reaganero

I know. I hate it when people stand up for what they believe in.

Stupid statement. ISIS stands up for what they believe in, and it involves rape and genocide.

It doesn't matter what they believe in if it is false and is ruinous to society.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I wonder how many bugs they left in the office? Oh wait. They can just call him up. No need. No discretion. Just dumb.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Meanwhile, classified information leaked by unelected bureaucrats, unaccountable, unelected ...

Oh wait.....So it was classified? I thought Trump was sticking with the story that legally, when he shares something it becomes un-classified...classification authority and all..

ya know...Classified when he shared it...not after he shared it and the debacle was leaked to the press?

But hell..I will go with your reasoning. That means Trump should be charged under the Espionage Act, like any congress person would be if they had done the same while chatting with the Russians.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The Republicans on Capitol Hill are starting to quietly distance themselves from him, too.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) expressed his view Tuesday in the way he often does, through understatement. “I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House on a lot of things so we can focus on our agenda,” he said in an interview with Bloomberg Television.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was telling. Corker has been, generally, restrained in his criticism of the president. In this case, he sent a message to the White House that reflected exasperation that must be widespread with the president’s party. “Obviously, they are in a downward spiral right now and have got to figure out a way to come to grips with all that’s happening,” he said of the operations of the White House and senior officials around the president. “And the shame of it is, there’s a really good national security team in place.”

Republicans will try to maintain this uncomfortable balance in the relationship as long as possible. War with the White House is not an option. The terms will only change if there is a dramatic shift in public opinion that puts their House majority at risk, or until the president’s controversies become serious enough to force a constitutional breach

Source

The West Wing must be like a bad version of Game of Thrones. A bunch of finger pointing, drama stirring, paranoid politicians trying to figure out who to blame for the President's total lack of self control. Loose lips sink ships, Donald.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Indigo5

You don't need much imagination to understand what these two guys are thinking..

"SWEET! Our gamble to influence the American election back in November is paying off!"

First communiqué back to Moscow...It's all true, we could not have dreamt up a bigger fool in our wildest dreams...Intel report to follow!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I should have given link to breaking news.

Israel Said to Be Source of Secret Intelligence Trump Gave to Russians

It flies over discussion of relationships, right to what will Israel now demand from US to make up for this revelation.
edit on 16-5-2017 by desert because: punc

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Israel. Yes, that now seems to be the case. Love 'em or not, one does not f*** with Israeli intelligence.

edit on 16-5-2017 by desert because: punc

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Meanwhile, classified information leaked by unelected bureaucrats, unaccountable, unelected ...

Oh wait.....So it was classified? I thought Trump was sticking with the story that legally, when he shares something it becomes un-classified...classification authority and all..

ya know...Classified when he shared it...not after he shared it and the debacle was leaked to the press?

But hell..I will go with your reasoning. That means Trump should be charged under the Espionage Act, like any congress person would be if they had done the same while chatting with the Russians.

The President is not bound by classification. A leaker is. Simple to understand.
Glad you are at least focused on the real story though - even the staunchest liberals are embarrassed over this latest bout of fake news.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Israel. Yes, that now seems to be the case. Love 'em or 'not, one does not f*** with Israeli intelligence.

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"
www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Israel. Yes, that now seems to be the case. Love 'em or 'not, one does not f*** with Israeli intelligence.

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"
www.buzzfeed.com...

"Israeli official"... "buzzfeed".

Liberals trying to regain some some credibility. hint.. it's too late.
edit on 16/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Are you really denying that had the roles been reversed and a Democrat POTUS made this mistake you guys wouldn't be ready to crucify that person on the spot?

You mean like when Obama outed the CIA director in Afghanistan and had to have them flown back to the states for their safety. Oddly was hardly mentioned made it like a day in the news. But I guess Obama giving away CIA operatives is OK right?

link   
a reply to: desert

Israel can "demand" whatever they like. I hope trump gives them nothing.
www.newsweek.com...

Israel and pro-Israel groups in America have long lobbied U.S. administrations to free Pollard, a former U.S. naval intelligence analyst serving a life sentence since 1987 for stealing tens of thousands of secrets for Israel. (U.S. counterintelligence officials suspect that Israel traded some of the Cold War-era information to Moscow in exchange for the emigration of Russian Jews.) After denying for over a decade that Pollard was its paid agent, Israel apologized and promised not to spy on U.S. soil again. Since then, more Israeli spies have been arrested and convicted by U.S. courts.

yeah some friend these people are

www.cnn.com...

But here's the crunch: While Israel claims its information came from Arab and other diplomats, its information-descriptors imply intelligence collected against the United States. For one, the only proof that would be presentable to Trump would be something tangible such as a recorded phone call or a digital copy of an email. Israel would never risk identifying a human source in the Arab world just to embarrass Obama

Israel needs to shut it right about now.

link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: neo96

Partner was likely Israel, Mossad not going to be happy with him sharing the intel.

This could impact the quality of intel that the US receives from it's partners in the future.

US Intelligence cant get any worse than it already is.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Of course they didn't want the FBI involved. Seth Rich leaked the e-mails, and the DNC murdered him for it. There never was any hack, not by Russia, China, Liechtenstein, or anyone else.

I'm sure There was a hack. Probably several hacks by many different countries. I'm sure it's all routine surveillance. But I've still seen no evidence that the hack was then given to Wikileaks via Russia. It's just as plausible that foreign entities hacked the dnc but the emails were given to Wikileaks by an insider. His name was Seth Rich.
edit on 16-5-2017 by N9neXkrayzie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join