It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump “revealed more information to Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies”

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale
For that I say, "what about Sean Spicer?" He used to be highly regarded and respected as a decent pr representative for the GOP, but NOW his credibility is the same as a wet fart thanks to being undercut by so many of Trump's lies and flip-flops that you can't trust anything he says to the point he has to hide in the bushes in the dark to report on the history making event of firing an FBI director. And he STILL bungled that announcement thanks to Trump undercutting him again.

This is why I said that the Trump admin has lost all chances for face value credibility. I understand that since the topics were classified -I- don't have to specifically see the transcripts of what was said, but it would go a long way to appease my worries if the investigators in Congress were given them. I mean, if McMaster is telling the truth, then what harm is done there? Trump will be vindicated in the end anyways.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: alphabetaone

I agree, but when you are a new organization, you have the responsibility to present realistic, truthful news, even if it goes against your narrative, or you just don't report it.

New? The Washington Post has been in business since 1877.

Maybe you meant "news" instead of "new", I don't know but either way they have 140 years of being D.C.'s largest circulation and for good reason....now because of one President constantly spamming "FAKE NEWS" because he took that as a keyword from activity teenagers in Croatia were participating in everyone throws 140 years of that dedicated professionalism and service onto the train tracks simply because they voted for the guy and cant see what he represents; himself?

This is madness.

Sure they've been around a while, but they weren't exactly doing so hot when Bezos bought them.

And just as there are many who say that our President will ruin the US and we've been here since before WaPo, the same could be said for Bezos and his obvious bias.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill
this is beginning to look like a witch-hunt. Every fart is blown up into immense proportions, just to damage your president. Your MSM propaganda against president trump is never seen before. I can't believe this is just because someone that was not part of the establisment got into office, there is something bigger going on. But what? Implosion of the US? For what purpose?

Yeah its going to be a long 8 years of the media bitching about nothing.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Now Trump is admitting he gave classified info to the Russians... and he's defending it.

Trump says he has 'absolute right' to release terrorism info to Russians

President Donald Trump is defending his "absolute right" to share certain information with Russia after bombshell reports emerged that he revealed highly classified intelligence with Russian officials last week.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism," he said in a pair of Tuesday morning tweets.

source

In fact you can see Trump's tweets defending giving Russia All The Confidential stuff Here

and here

And here he says he wants to find all the people responsible for the leaks

Mr. Trump, I suggest you look in the mirror right after you look at your (non) schedule of daily briefings and before you look at your golf scores and your plan for your next golfing trip.

Where in that article is he quoted as saying he gave up "classified Intel". You're drawing conclusions on your own. Fake news. "Certain information" and "classified Intel" aren't the same thing.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So.... what law was broken? What "secrets" were given?

Yawn. Another non-story to distract the people from real news. Like Seth Rich was the leak and his murder was a cover up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheScale
For that I say, "what about Sean Spicer?" He used to be highly regarded and respected as a decent pr representative for the GOP, but NOW his credibility is the same as a wet fart thanks to being undercut by so many of Trump's lies and flip-flops that you can't trust anything he says to the point he has to hide in the bushes in the dark to report on the history making event of firing an FBI director. And he STILL bungled that announcement thanks to Trump undercutting him again.

This is why I said that the Trump admin has lost all chances for face value credibility. I understand that since the topics were classified -I- don't have to specifically see the transcripts of what was said, but it would go a long way to appease my worries if the investigators in Congress were given them. I mean, if McMaster is telling the truth, then what harm is done there? Trump will be vindicated in the end anyways.

i dont remember spicer ever being regarded as a decent pr rep. never liked the guy myself from his stuttering and general look of discomfort in front of the press.he was lambasted from the very beginning even SNL parodied him. i do agree that he was undercut many times though. the fact that mcmaster was actually in the meeting and 2 others backup the same claims, the articles that broke refer to it regarding terrorists and airplanes makes a pretty strong case for it being true since everything lines up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The press did not act the same with Obama. Or any other president in history.
Because those men knew and respected the office.

Give me a break. Trump is his own worst enemy.
The press isn't doing this to trump. Trump is doing this to trump...and to us

edit on 5162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
An interesting read re McMaster by Thomas Ricks

In 2006 H.R. McMaster was mad at me, as I’m sure he is at the Washington Post now — and why that worries me a lot

That’s not a good sign. When he was a colonel in Iraq, it was one thing for him to defend the honor of his regiment. But in his current position, he can’t just be a good soldier.

he will wind up like former National Security Advisor Colin Powell, whose strong sense of loyalty was manipulated by the Bush administration to the point of him giving a speech at the United Nations on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction that we now know to have been almost entirely false.

McMaster and Powell are both Army generals, but there are two big differences between them. First, McMaster is less politically astute than Powell. Second, he is better educated.

and i will add that Powell was not up against a compulsive, pathological liar, narcissistic sociopath. That type of person will try to drag you into their schemes.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For Trump and the WH to regain any type of legitimacy they need to get their own staff, press corps, and advisers out of the chaos the Oval office is in. That needs to be trumps first order of priority instead of running a twitter campaign of BS.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: dawnstar

Well he said something that made staffers gasp hard enough to contact the intelligence communities and let them know Russia had info no one intended them to have.

if it was so top secret, how would his staffers know for sure weather it should have been shared with the russians or not?
whoever gasped must have had a high enough security clearance to know that what was said was important and since it sounds like it wasn't a full blown, in your face security breech but sounds like it could have possibly been just a mention of a city or just some little tidbit of info that may have clued the russians into concluding just who the source was. I find myself doubting if there were that many in the room that had enough understanding to know for sure and so they informed them that something was shared with the russians that possibly shouldn't have... and it will be up to those in the intelligence community with more knowledge of the matter to decide weather any harm was done or not...

trump has already admitted via twitter that he shared intelligence with the russian claiming he had every right to do so, which, legally he does... the question is weather or not it was wise to do so...
and I am betting that no one on ATS is qualified to make that determination.

the problem here is that half of the nation will back trump no matter what he does or says... and the other half have already lost faith in this administration... I'm one of the one's who have lost faith.. there's just been too many lies coming out of the white house, some of which have been revealed as lies by trumps own words...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

So the media is trying to bring down McMasters now...

sad.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
For Trump and the WH to regain any type of legitimacy they need to get their own staff, press corps, and advisers out of the chaos the Oval office is in. That needs to be trumps first order of priority instead of running a twitter campaign of BS.

www.rawstory.com...

Except Trump did nothing illegal and didnt leak anything. Some traitor sent the info to the Washington Compost who reported it without verification.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

www.rawstory.com...

Except Trump did nothing illegal and didnt leak anything. Some traitor sent the info to the Washington Compost who reported it without verification.

If there is any Traitor, it's Trump for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Don't forget Russia still has spy ships and subs with nukes off the American coast. They may be Trumps friends but they don't have Americas best interest in mind. And now he's sharing intel with the commies...wtf?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 16-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You mean intel on ISIS terrorism to bring down commercial airliners, which Russia had one bought down by ISIS a year or so ago?

You guys are crying wolf and its getting old real quick.

By the way russian spy ships have been doing that since the 1960's.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

the 1960s called, they want their worldview back

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I respect Glenn Greenwald (disagree with him a lot) as a liberal. He was the man who made the website the Intercept and worked with Snowden on his releases.

His dislikes Trump, but laments that so many so called liberals are backing the deep state in their hatred of him.

That is what I am seeing too. The very people screaming about Bush and WMD's are now backing those deep state people in their effort to overthrow the President.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I respect Glenn Greenwald (disagree with him a lot) as a liberal. He was the man who made the website the Intercept and worked with Snowden on his releases.

His dislikes Trump, but laments that so many so called liberals are backing the deep state in their hatred of him.

That is what I am seeing too. The very people screaming about Bush and WMD's are not backing those deep state people in their effprt to overthrow the President.

I said earlier that this will blow up in the faces of the fake news media like CNN. I was right. It is happening now.
No one is buying their BS and even CNN are starting to back off.

I still say that indictments for sedition should follow for the editors and owners of WaPo.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

www.rawstory.com...

If there is any Traitor, it's Trump for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Don't forget Russia still has spy ships and subs with nukes off the American coast. They may be Trumps friends but they don't have Americas best interest in mind. And now he's sharing intel with the commies...wtf?

www.foxnews.com...

'commies', lol. You want to look a bit closer to home for communism. Fortunately Trump was elected to try and bring the country back from a communist state under Obama.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Israel was the source of intelligence revealed to Russia. Wonder how warmly Bibi will receive Trump now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's conflation. Recognizing the need for intelligence gathering is not the same as not having any issues with intelligence agencies.

I don't think burning the intelligence community to the ground is very bright.
edit on 5/16/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join