It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump “revealed more information to Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies”

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

The garbage these headlines spew gets worse everyday. Just by reading the article it reeks of bs.

That is why President Trump says that the majority of the liberal media is an enemy to the United States. I regularly send messages to the White House (via Whitehouse.gov's "contact us") advising the Administration to begin taking corrective action. We The People don't need a civil war. Particularly one that's drummed up by the liberal media inventing and spreading lies.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unbiased media is needed and alas, it's rare as hen's teeth.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Grambler

I'll again ask, if true, what is the problem with sharing classified info with an ally for a joint cause? It happens every single day between countries.

Is the assumption Trump shared info that would hurt America? Why? How?

I don't disagree in general, but exactly what was shared may be problematic.

What if he shared the name of a spy, and someone inside the Russian gov uses that info to hurt the U.S.

But in general I agree we should work with Russia to defeat Isis.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Since ISIS is a common enemy of the U.S. and Russia, sharing info is GOOD!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Well I don't know about being an alien but he is a time traveler:

Sou rce

I just wonder if and or when the media and leftist progressives are going to realize Trump is and has been the source of the leaks.
edit on 15-5-2017 by LockNLoad because: typo

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think Ive isolated the problem.. Hear me out

Im not doubting McMasters veracity..... What I do believe is... he walked out there with words, written and approved by Trump himself. And lets not make any bones about it, I think its fair to say Trump has a gift of gab and knows whats being said and whats NOT being said.

McMaster went out with trump talking points. And the largest point of them all was never uttered. Just say he did not disclose classified material. I have to assume the right would demand the same question be answered.

I have heard you out, and everyone else on here. McMaster specifically stated:

'The story that came out tonight is false,' McMaster told a pack of reporters gathered outside the West Wing.

That pretty much covers it. Stating information discussed was known publicly makes very clear that it wasn't classified.

I also find it funny that the argument is that Trump himself approved the message, yet the thought is he was dumb enough to spill the classified beans in the first place. So he is dumb, but a spin master after the fact?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For sake of argument let's say he did discuss highly classified information that has codewords.

What exactly does that mean? Could the code word be an Operation Name that is not yet public like when Operation Desert Sheild became Operation Desert Storm? Could the discussion be potential ISIS targets in Syria that might be close to Russian personnel and equipment and the discussion was a timeline for moving those assets away from the targets. Yet we have not had the "heads up" conversation with France and Italy so they don't freak out when a couple hundred cruise misses fly around for an hour before synchronized hits.

Highly classified and codewords are pretty broad terms that can be used to paint with heavy bias. At this point top three personal picks for FBI Director would be highly classified and the codewords be "Lock Him Up" in reference to Comey. Although I would wager Trump has a more vulgar term for Comey...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Code word information is a classification, not meant to be taken literally. There's no actual "code word", if you must, consider it to be like Top Secret.

"Someone revealed Top Secret information"
"Someone revealed Code Word information"

edit on 15-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The MSM's argument seems to be Trump, nor any administration anywhere, should ever share any info with one another about ISIS tactics and terror plots.

Yup. Everyone just sit on their intelligence and go at it alone.

The MSM is actively campaigning against the safety of not only Americans, but citizens of every nation facing potential jihad.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Exactly, but sometimes to combat crazy you have to use their words otherwise it might be the man pulling a Jedi mind trick.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense SOO . he is the head of state if anyone in the country has the right to spill classified intel it is him. maybe he was sharing intel to find out what russia knows about the real people funding isis, isil or what ever they calling themselves this week. the previous administration was treasonous in tyhe fact they they ARMED THE ENEMY WE SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING. but here comes trump trying to make friends with the other major superpower and the dems and the fsm are doing what they can to vilify him. i repeat he is the only one who can tell classified intel to who ever he chooses to share it with. maybe he was discussing what the world is going to do with real threat the saudis and their so called religion of peace.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Trump warned the Russians that he was about to bomb an airfield in Syria. No outrage.

How is this any different?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would think any classified information given directly to Russians or Syria would be very important. Tidbits of information can lead to bigger info. Right to origin and assets. Otherwise it wouldn't be classified.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

True. One one hand, we have the POTUS supposedly sharing info with an ally to help in the war on terror and discussing the latest schemes/plots ISIS would use against the west.

On the other hand, we have leakers criminally leaking info, never mind fabricating much of it, to our media for the sole purpose of dividing this country and causing civil unrest.

Which is a bigger threat to America?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
a reply to: bknapple32

The problem with these stories is if they are true, then the sources are criminals disclosing classified information for public dissemination instead of notifying the proper authorities, such as inspectors general for the agencies involved. If they are false, then the sources are liars.

True or false, there is no case in which the motives behind these stories aren't sinister.

That's a very big problem, and sooner or later, the law is going to catch up with these people.

And if the stories are true, this tweet seems kind of ironic.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I do not believe any MSM sources.Trump should issue an executive order de-privatising MSM in the name of National Security....the dis-unity catalysed by private MSM ownership seriously compromises the United States abilty to freely function as a unified country.

Plus...I am sick and tired of the propoganda and lies I see daily....I am beginning to take offense to OTHERS being lied to by the MSM as well.
edit on 15-5-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: D8Tee

True. One one hand, we have the POTUS supposedly sharing info with an ally to help in the war on terror and discussing the latest schemes/plots ISIS would use against the west.

First error: Russia isn't an ally

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Trump better get a handle on the White House then and stop the leaks.

Meanwhile, doubt Israel (if thats who the ally was) appreciates Trump giving out their intel to Russia.

link   

edit on 15-5-2017 by D8Tee because: The dreaded ATS double post.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join