It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss USA: Not a feminist, also healthcare is a privilege.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

I'll look at it, then came back and said "I did what I could, that's gonna be 300,000 dollars"- and your car never moves again, you'd kill the bastard. But because he's gone to medical school for 10 years, there's no questioning his authority. ...

I never could understand the "protected species" that Doctors are. I guess with litigation and people receiving million dollar payouts and corresponding increases in liability insurance then its a vicious circle.
Why is the bar set so high in being able to sue doctors when they cant guarantee their work - why do you have to actually prove "malpractice" before getting any satisfaction?

We have a pretty good system in Australia, medicare with the option to have private insurance (to save waiting lists). The same doctors work on private and public patients, so you won't see me moving to America anytime soon.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

"
Anyhow, also said healthcare is a privilege, not a right" funny that. this seems to be a common message these that this or that is no longer a right but a privalidge (which can be taken away.)

I strongly suspect thatthis will happento even old age pensions in my country.All part of the NWO plans to own and control the whole world wwhich I sadly think will occur one day and all western countries will go beack to be ing like Engliand was in 17-18 hundreds where everyone 'knew their place' based on power and position, that iss.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

TL : DR - If you get sick and don't have the money to see a doctor you can just go die.

Not my kind of society. Each to their own I guess though.

edit on 16/5/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Our new Miss USA is not aware that U.S. law gives every human the RIGHT to "healthcare".

If Cork, visiting from the Congo, suffers a ruptured spleen, he gets "healthcare" at the closet hospital. At this point in our history, it's a RIGHT.

BTW.. can a Transgender enter the Miss USA pageant?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

TL : DR - If you get sick and don't have the money to see a doctor you can just go die.

Not my kind of society. Each to their own I guess though.

Actually docs must see you, and you get billed for it later. they will try to collect for years.
Its not free.

This has always been the debate over here. the idea of universal healthcare for poor and mid class is stopped by some, but thing is, the cost goes to the tax payers somewhat (hospitals can basically get some cash back from no pay) anyhow when the poor people get treatments and dont pay.

This is for emergency services. As far as prolonged illnesses such as cancer..it will bankrupt anyone not filthy rich unless they got some fantastic insurance.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I've known people with cancer and no health insurance..or big nest egg. They are given morphine patches, to make the dying process less painful. But that's about all, unless it's a child.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: amazing
I would say Healthcare is a right, especially if you pay Taxes, Insurance and work full time. I do all three. I pay taxes every year for decades, I've paid Health Insurance for decades, I've worked full time for decades.

If you pay for insurance, then you are paying for a privilege
Do you pay a speech tax every year? no...because thats your right. you dont need to buy into the ability to speak your mind, you just do it..for free...soapbox not included

You pay for insurance in order to help with the cost of healthcare. healthcare costs because its not a right, its a privilege

We should be able to afford Healthcare in that case.

This is a different discussion.
I think its in the best interest of everyone to get healthcare costs down to a minimum in order to keep people healthy. I think, like charity or other social programs, we have the privilege as a rich society to pool a bit of money together and help out the poor and so we could have the great prideful landmark of providing cheap/free healthcare (vouchers?) to those in need. Helps everyone out if this is a thing

But that isn't a right, thats just "the right thing"

Good points. It would say the laws need to change. Healthcare all hinges on Insurance. You would think that I could afford healthcare without insurance with two people working in the same family, good credit, good debt to income ratio. We're doing really good, better than most people in the US, yet we still can't afford healthcare without insurance and neither can most people. That's criminal in my mind.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yes, it's a right. It should not be for-profit or at least not for unlimited for-profit. I don't like the idea of for-profit prison's either. Or for-profit utilities. Anything you can still get all the customers in a region without advertising has to have special rules. Laissez faire capitalism doesn't work if you don't have competition to wring out inefficiencies in CEO pay or bad service from optimizing profits. Without market forces to ensure quality of service and pricing Laissez faire capitalism is a nightmare. Please, I want to hear someone argue in support of 20% increases on average in healthcare premiums over the last 30 years. Every five years it doubles in price. Every year consumers have to reduce coverages to even afford. So the price keeps going up, the quality of service keeps going down. What conclusions can you draw about the nature of our laissez faire capitalism? How can you support such a system?

AAAAND of course no one I have read posts from on this thread will admit that lawyers have been a huge bane for medical coverage. Considering that a major cost for a doctor is malpractice insurance and who tend to be the people writing the laws???? Politicians that overwhelmingly come from a background in law! Putting the US gov't in charge of health care would be a mistake and our Canadian neighbors must realize that there are differences in how our respective systems operate. Can any of you Canadians inform us on what your malpractice system operates like? Healthcare has only become a question of right vs privilege after decades of letting our politicians write laws that benefit their former profession. So the solution is to give them more control over it??? But the real problem is that the people are more than willing to let it happen for a quick payday that really only benefits the lawyers in the long run.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

thats called corporatism , and america is one giant company that trump is the CEO of with senate bought and paid for as his board of directors
edit on 17-5-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

food for brain

in communism free health and education were standard human right. 40 years ago we had #ty commy burgers and worst commy toys ever, fashion stuff I had to buy in Italy because homemade were super-ugly.
But my trips to hospital and my college were free. (and lots of other stuff you wouldn't believe)

now my kids have nike air max and ps4 but they better be healthy.

Thnx for capitalism where health is a privilege in private health-care system controlled by med corporations. You don't advertise that when you sell American dream to others.

It sucks

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What do you call it when the CEOs who own the insurance provider also own the hospital, jack prices up at the hospital, and reap HUGE profits by increasing healthcare premiums every year????

Capitalism

I am a conservative, but that's crap. Profiting off of inevitable sickness and death is pure evil.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

What do you call it when the CEOs who own the insurance provider also own the hospital, jack prices up at the hospital, and reap HUGE profits by increasing healthcare premiums every year????

Capitalism

I am a conservative, but that's crap. Profiting off of inevitable sickness and death is pure evil.

Behold, pure evil:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dinamo
a reply to: sapien82

food for brain

in communism free health and education were standard human right. 40 years ago we had #ty commy burgers and worst commy toys ever, fashion stuff I had to buy in Italy because homemade were super-ugly.
But my trips to hospital and my college were free. (and lots of other stuff you wouldn't believe)

now my kids have nike air max and ps4 but they better be healthy.

Thnx for capitalism where health is a privilege in private health-care system controlled by med corporations. You don't advertise that when you sell American dream to others.

It sucks

Can you name a successful communist country ever?
China was a flop until they grabbed for capitalism by re-integrating Hong Kong, now China is becoming a success as it fuels more and more capitalism into its society
Russia fell apart
Cuba has always been a disaster
etc.

Communism simply is s--t. Now, can we extend well thought out social programs for areas such as health and education for the poorer in society? I think so with some careful managment, sure.

But communism? its like taking a nuclear bomb where a candle is needed. Take that garbage out

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Capitalism

Behold, pure evil:

I wasn't talking about over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and Tylenol doesn't generally prevent death; that would be Aspirin, as far as OTC common fever reducers and/or NSAIDS are concerned.

You should go back and read the post to which you responded "Capitalism" at any rate. Pharmaceuticals weren't particularly in question.

Even so, selling health is indeed evil to me... Even if I have to take something every now and then. People who get rich because of the pain of others are evil.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

People who get rich because of the pain of others are evil.

Its how it works..its how it always worked

gravestone makers, health food manufacturers, doctors, nurses, chemists, etc etc...the selling of relief and salvation has always been big business

It would be awesome if the world was just good Sumerians who did everything for next to nothing, but that is not reality..and its not even what the common man wants. The common man wants big houses and nice cars, so they will lose a decade of their life away from partying and all sorts to go to school and become an advanced doctor or scientist to create life saving things which people will buy..from there, they get their dream.

If their was no carrot to chase, then they wouldn't spend all that time to achieve that goal. capitalism works like this. Lets not be daft
How many hours a week do you work for free or next to nothing for complete strangers?

It is capitalism. Thats all it is.
You said it wasn't capitalism but instead crap..can you explain how its not capitalism?
Are you saying capitalism is evil?

Definition of capitalism
: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A friend of mine is self employed as a personal care assistant for an elderly couple.
Damn her making a profit from the ailments of others.
smh

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

People who get rich because of the pain of others are evil.

Its how it works..its how it always worked

gravestone makers, health food manufacturers, doctors, nurses, chemists, etc etc...the selling of relief and salvation has always been big business

It would be awesome if the world was just good Sumerians who did everything for next to nothing, but that is not reality..and its not even what the common man wants. The common man wants big houses and nice cars, so they will lose a decade of their life away from partying and all sorts to go to school and become an advanced doctor or scientist to create life saving things which people will buy..from there, they get their dream.

If their was no carrot to chase, then they wouldn't spend all that time to achieve that goal. capitalism works like this. Lets not be daft
How many hours a week do you work for free or next to nothing for complete strangers?

It is capitalism. Thats all it is.
You said it wasn't capitalism but instead crap..can you explain how its not capitalism?
Are you saying capitalism is evil?

Definition of capitalism
: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

I think that any "ism" is a box we should stay out of. We should be humans, not robots. Some things require abstract thought, some things require spontaneity, some things require a schedule, some things require a system.

Getting insurance the hell out of our lives and getting hospitals back to being Christian would be my idea, but I'm not King.

But I am king of my opinion.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

A friend of mine is self employed as a personal care assistant for an elderly couple.
smh

Why are you replying to me about this?
TarzanBeta is the one having hangups about people getting paid for healthcare

I am simply answering a question on how it is a capitalistic venture (healthcare)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We should be humans, not robots.

Robots would work for free forever
Humans want stuff, therefore devised capitalism.

You sure you don't have that reversed?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

smh

Half of my wife's family are nurses and they feel the same way as me.

Some people think the human heart doesn't have a price based upon a green piece of flammable paper because some people have a heart.

Getting "paid" isn't always a profit situation at any rate.

I own two businesses myself. I don't overcharge and I overserve. That's because for-profit jerks used me when I was a peon and made money off of all of my work while taking credit for themselves.

And the hospital is only really charging rent.... The most expensive in all the land - thanks to insurance and hospital board members with multiple ties to banking institutions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join