It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long have you been on this planet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In an anonymous online world, we see avitars and assume lots of things based on the content of that avitar (poster). Sometimes we become close enough to share personal information with others, and sometimes we just have a mental image of what we assume others to be. I actually have a separate voice for some that I use in my head when I read their posts. Like an accent for those from the UK or the really poor Auusie accent I use when I read Sublimecrafts posts. (I'm sure his accent is fine, it's mine rendition of it that's poor) But every now and then I see someone make a comment about their age and I am able to relate to them instantly because they are close to me in age and we have both been on this planet for about the same amount of time.

So here is my personal confession. I was born in 69, graduated HS in 87. So 48 now.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As of tomorrow, I'll have been here for 30 years.

Time truly flies.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Born in 1990, currently 27 Earth Years old (I guess 28 if you include the 9-month gestation). Fascinating how different the human experience can be if you were just born 5-10 years earlier or later.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Since 1986

I look like I'm 20
I'm actually 30
I feel like I'm 40
I think like I'm 50
Hopefully I make it to 60.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I had you pegged but I cheated and remembered your old avitar picture.
ETA: Happy Early Birthday Chuckles!
edit on 15-5-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Born in 1980, graduated 1998.

Old enough to know better, but still young enough to do sh#t that I shouldn't do....

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
4,246 years and 15 hours, at 9 am in about 7 minutes.

Boy, time flies after your first millennia.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

1992 = 25

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

In this incarnation I am 53 going on 23 which is probably better than the other way round.

Getting older sucks.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just ticked 50 last week. 1967

link   

originally posted by: gortex

Getting older sucks.

quoted for truth.

And the amazing speed at which life happens as opposed to when we were teenagers. Damn, yesterday I was mid 30's.

link   

It is a good question to ask Network!

I have been Earthwalking it for about 32 years and one thing is for certain it keeps getting more interesting!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I actually have a separate voice for some that I use in my head when I read their posts. Like an accent for those from the UK or the really poor Auusie accent

HA! I do the same thing.

I was born the same year you graduated HS. I'll be 30 next month.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
In an anonymous online world, we see avitars and assume lots of things based on the content of that avitar (poster). Sometimes we become close enough to share personal information with others, and sometimes we just have a mental image of what we assume others to be. I actually have a separate voice for some that I use in my head when I read their posts. Like an accent for those from the UK or the really poor Auusie accent I use when I read Sublimecrafts posts. (I'm sure his accent is fine, it's mine rendition of it that's poor)

The reason you hear a poor Aussie accent, is coz he's a Kiwi bro.

Ohhh yeah, fush and chups at sux a cluck.

*runs away from the severe beating I'll cop*

I love the Kiwi accent to be honest.

*ahem*

But every now and then I see someone make a comment about their age and I am able to relate to them instantly because they are close to me in age and we have both been on this planet for about the same amount of time.

So here is my personal confession. I was born in 69, graduated HS in 87. So 48 now.

72, left skool in 86 and 45 now.

Plus 3 failed engagements since 2012. YAY ME !!

I speak in many accents mine, depending on who I am around. I'm just all broken :/

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am over 100 years old, love this mopey teenage chick and drive a cool car. But I am a about to pimp slap this wolf dude for trying to muscle in on my biznatch.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am over 100 years old, love this mopey teenage chick and drive a cool car. But I am a about to pimp slap this wolf dude for trying to muscle in on my biznatch.

I blame it on your secret sneaky underpants.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Only because I have met you, when I read your posts, the voice I hear is Ray Liotta's. And yes, you amuse me. Like a clown.
(I think the hat is what really seals the deal)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese. Luis Bunuel

You know who you are!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm not telling.

Reading the above has just made me feel much much older now.

I need a hobby.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The answer depends. My soul feels like a hundred years or more. My mind thinks I'm still 25. My body says I've spent too many years eating donuts and chips instead of salad. I have a young son but I'm also a grandmother of four. I'm old enough to remember being in the back of a pickup truck with no seatbelt in sight ,but young enough I can sing along to a top 40 hit on the radio. Somewhere between here and there is a number....but no matter the number I never identified with it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join