It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA cant tell the truth about Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
...I think (Suspect) that there is life and resources on Mars... Websites like Mars Anomolies suggest this... I think that some of that life are hidden colonies from earth... I think (suspect) we have had the technology to travel in space consistently ,and to begin terraforming (other) planets since the 1950s-1960s....

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091.... I am reminded of an episode of the tv show "UFO Hunters" from some years back where they interviewed a woman who used to work for NASA, and they talked about am image of somewhere on Earth which just happened to have an image of a ufo included in the picture, and the woman claimed that NASA told her to airbrush the image out.

Thanks for another good example of why such stories appeal to so many people of intelligence and sense. You are referring to the claims of Donna Hare, about seeing somebody else retouching a space photo of Earth's surface, removing a white circle that she concluded must have been a flying saucer. Your memory errors were in the direction of sexying up the original story [SHE wasn't ordered to remove it[ it was a white circle she THOUGHT was a flying saucer], and not following up on corroborative or non-corroborative details -- such as her claim the object was among trees that were casting shadows, and the object's shadow showed it was above the ground [like a water tank?]. Problem was -- NASA didn't HAVE any Earth-surface photos in the 1970s that were sharp enough to SEE trees or their shadows, her claim was technologically impossible [and the photo was being 'sanitized' for public release, but my decades-old challenge to believers in this tale to find ANY OTHER NASA released space photo of Earth where individual trees and shadows could be seen remains unmet]. She was a sweet young woman who was a known flying saucer abduction enthusiast, she edited a newsletter on it and helped organize conferences of abductees. If the event even occurred, it could have been teasing or a prank -- one thing it could NOT have been was a genuine space photo of Earth's surface sharp enough to show trees and their shadows.

This is what happens when enthusiastic imaginations create their own reality contexts and break free of the verifiable technological parameters of the real world.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Mars is a part of Human history somehow, I've always though it's where Humans originated and something went terribly wrong and we had to relocate- Hence the extinction of the Dino's and the fact that we are absolutely foreign to this planet. Which is also probably the reason we feel like we know but don't know and keep looking up for someone to save us. Just maybe back then we knew to much for our on good and the knowledge has been suppressed to prevent another global melt down.
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

There are a couple of problems here- Adam and Eve are part of the proto- semitic religions stories- you overgeneralise to "all religions". The Eastern religions would have zero problem with the concept of life elsewhere, and most Westerners really functionally non religious.

Secondly the Adam and Eve story is a creation myth- not a lie. Im sure that it seemed right at the time.

I wonder if anyone has tried remote viewing Mars? There are plenty of reports on the US Government trying to develop that to a useable skill.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Why would they tell us even if they did find something. The first thing on peoples mind is selling things. Thus back to the bull# system. Outside of that we have reality and the only thing left for us all to do. Peacefull resistance. Why do we drive a system to enslave us all. Why do we work so hard to drive a society that kills us in pure misery? The system is #ed!!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Mars is a part of Human history somehow, I've always though it's where Humans originated and something went terribly wrong and we had to relocate- Hence the extinction of the Dino's and the fact that we are absolutely foreign to this planet. Which is also probably the reason we feel like we know but don't know and keep looking up for someone to save us. Just maybe back then we knew to much for our on good and the knowledge has been suppressed to prevent another global melt down.

There was a 65 Million year gap between the end of the Dinosaurs (65 Million years ago) and the first modern humans (only 200,000 years ago).

It's not like humans replaced dinos. When the dinosaur era ended, the ancestors of humans were already present -- but those ancestors were shrew-like and weasel-like animals. It took another 50 million years for those shrews and weasels to evolve into ape-looking creatures, and another 5 Million years for those apes to become vaguely human-like...plus another 4.75 Million years for those vaguely human-like apes to evolve to modern humans (homo sapiens), which happened roughly 200,000 years ago.

Mars seems to have lost its thick atmosphere and surface water much much longer than 200,000 years ago (Mars lost the thick atmosphere about 4 Billion (that's "Billion", with a "B") years ago -- long before there was anything more than just microbial life on Earth.

One interesting hypothesis that mainstream science has considered is that possibly early microbial life FIRST developed on Mars instead of on Earth, and those early microbes were sent to Earth 4 Billion years ago via a piece of Mars meteor that was blown off of Mars in an impact event, and that life eventually fell to Earth locked up in those meteorites. It is a known fact that pieces of meteorites originating from Mars have been found on Earth, and it is also thought that life could conceivably survive the journey from Mars to Earth locked up inside a meteor.

So in that case, we might be Martians (i.e., all life on Earth conceivably first came from Mars). However, it seems virtually impossible that humans came directly from Mars. The timing is all wrong, and studies of early humans disputes that idea.

edit on 16/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I really wish I could buy into evolution and time lines it would make things easier . I can't argue as I only have an opinion and no facts to disprove anything. Thank you for making the effort to explain.
edit on 5/16/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: add

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I really wish I could buy into evolution and time lines it would make things easier . I can't argue as I only have an opinion and no facts to disprove anything. Thank you for making the effort to explain.

Whether you believe in evolution or not, there is nothing that indicates that humans showed up (what ever way that happed) immediately after dinosaurs died out.

The time of humans does not work with the timing of when Mars became cold and dry. In fact, Mars became cold and dry more than three Billion years before any sort of multi-celled animal showed up on Earth (again, what ever way that happened, without evoking "evolution").

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yes I have seen evidence that we coexisted for awhile "Foot prints together" And also a few cave drawings- When I say Dino I mean any of the big guys, Sorry at work can't get all scientific.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around just how different we are then any other creature on this planet , How we can be the only ones gifted with higher thinking.

I know that my dog knew she was dying as she looked at me like she was doing something wrong and didn't want to get in trouble, I told her its OK baby girl and she laid her head on my foot and passed so I do wonder what goes on in Animals heads if they know or are scared.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
NASA will not announce that life has been found on Mars until the Pope goes there and baptizes all the microbes first.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Thats because we didnt evolve through time. Something or someone or somehow we developed into what we are today. The few growing smarter while the rest do what people say. We follow whether it be into the fire or eutopia we will follow. Why are our leaders not leading us to eutopia? Why have we been enslaved by ourselves? The sheer stupidity of it all absolutely astounds me it really does. But thats just the way it is, suck it up or realise understand and work towards a better future. Will our slave masters allow us? No and by # I will be chased for saying such things.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
NASA cant come straight out and say their is biological life on Mars, because it would leave most of the worlds religions running for the life boats,

I have never understood this argument.

For some religions it would, perhaps, be nearly as bad as being told the Earth wasnt created in 4004BC. But thats it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Actually, is there any religion that teaches very specifically that their god only created life on Earth. And absolutely nowhere else?

I dont think so?

Finding life on Mars would be as devastating to religion as discovering that other planets exist.
edit on 17-5-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Actually, is there any religion that teaches very specifically that their god only created life on Earth. And absolutely nowhere else?

I dont think so?

Finding life on Mars would be as devastating to religion as discovering that other planets exist.

Like I mentioned in a prior post, the Vatican has officially said that they support the idea that God created the entire universe, including us Eartlings and other intelligent aliens.

So Catholics shouldn't have an issue with intelligent life elsewhere.
edit on 17/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barliman
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I wonder if anyone has tried remote viewing Mars? There are plenty of reports on the US Government trying to develop that to a useable skill.

Yeah all I saw was a bunch of mexicans hopping a fence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join