It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA cant tell the truth about Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Sorry but the NASA symbol is a snakes tongue. Satanists all the way.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tellurian
At this point NASA could say they found life on Mars , I mean who's going to believe them...

agreed. just make up a bunch of stuff and say "look guys! we found it!".

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: 727Sky

Can't trust "officials",
Can't trust "government agencies",
Can't trust "fairy-tale gods",
Can't trust "religion",
Can't trust "education".
Can't trust "medicine",

Damn, what's left to trust and believe? Some random youtuber with a nervous twitch who claims he has all the answers, if we just like and subscribe?

Might as well go with:

I don't trust anyone who makes more than I do, and I don't make very much at all.

Have to agree with you, once you do a few years of research and get through a few years without school and or your JOB.
You come to realize everything is a lie.

Not sure op if your right as everything including Santa Clause has been twisted, but will keep my eyes open to see if your right.

One last tid bit, was talking to the wife yesterday about this similar situation and when I go to the pearly gates my first question to the ole mighty one will be, "Why on earth did you have almost every variable on your planet be a lie?"

Any hoot thanks op,

edit on 15-5-2017 by allprowolfy because: tablet

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
NASA cant come straight out and say their is biological life on Mars, because it would leave most of the worlds religions running for the life boats...

....Or maybe, just maybe, nether NASA nor the ESA nor anyone else has found hard evidence of life on Mars; therefore they haven't said there was life on Mars. Science in general (and NASA specifically) is pretty darn convinced that life almost certainly exists elsewhere. That's why they are looking for signs of it.

As for "the worlds religions running for the life boats", I think many religious people already believe life elsewhere is possible (or even likely), so they would probably be fine with a confirmation of life elsewhere. And even some world religions are fine with the idea of life elsewhere.

For example, the Vatican's official astronomer has said it is likely that there is other life in the universe:

Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, the new president of the Vatican Observatory Foundation, has no doubt that life exists elsewhere in the universe and that when humanity discovers it, the news will come as no big surprise.

Vatican astronomer: Just a matter of time until life found in universe

And even earlier Vatican Obervatory heads have said similar things in the past, such as this from 2009:

"The questions of life's origins and of whether life exists elsewhere in the universe are very suitable and deserve serious consideration," said the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, an astronomer and director of the Vatican Observatory."

www.cbsnews.com...

So no -- I truly doubt it would be that, as you put it, "the worlds religions running for the life boats".

edit on 15/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If NASA / JPL is covering up something about life on Mars, how would anyone expect to find this out?

Well, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be by studying "anomalies" or "obvious" editing of images PROVIDED BY NASA / JPL.

There aren't going to be any images of creatures or pyramids or what have you that have "slipped" though the system and managed to be discovered by diligent truth-seekers on the Internet. I mean... really. Come on.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian

www.vatileaks.com...

Maybe the purpose of this conference was to set-about working a back story for an imaginary ET, rather than trying to slide a real one into global thinking.

The idea of NASA / someone pitching a fake ET is very interesting. Its a least as likely as disclosing a real one.

How would a fake disclosure be used to full effect!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe its a possibility that NASA already knows about et life, past or present, on Mars or anywhere else for that matter, but they want to control the message, and will do so at a time when it would be able to benefit them most. I am reminded of an episode of the tv show "UFO Hunters" from some years back where they interviewed a woman who used to work for NASA, and they talked about am image of somewhere on Earth which just happened to have an image of a ufo included in the picture, and the woman claimed that NASA told her to airbrush the image out. NASA is under control of a ton of information about MARS, as well as many other places in the uvicerse, and as I have said, I believe they may already know/have information that we are not alone, but they will divulge when they feel the time is right to benefit them the most.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I believe its a possibility that NASA already knows about et life, past or present, on Mars or anywhere else for that matter, but they want to control the message, and will do so at a time when it would be able to benefit them most.

They can't control the message. It isn't theirs to control. Lots of others are also looking and would just love to get their first.

I am reminded of an episode of the tv show "UFO Hunters" from some years back where they interviewed a woman who used to work for NASA, and they talked about am image of somewhere on Earth which just happened to have an image of a ufo included in the picture, and the woman claimed that NASA told her to airbrush the image out.

She lied.

NASA is under control of a ton of information about MARS, as well as many other places in the uvicerse, and as I have said, I believe they may already know/have information that we are not alone, but they will divulge when they feel the time is right to benefit them the most.

NASA has a lot of information about Mars. You can find it here:

ode.rsl.wustl.edu...

amongst many other places. Many other space agencies also have data that you can look at. All of them would suddenly find themselves with a lot more cash if they found concrete evidence of life.
edit on 15/5/2017 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Why in the world would you say:

"They can't control the message. It isn't theirs to control. Lots of others are also looking and would just love to get their first."

That is a ridiculous thing to write when all of these countries with these space programs are in TOTAL control of the equipment, the experiments and the release of the data. I must assume that you have not followed space programs with with a even a hint of a question in your mind that just maybe they were not being truthful.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Why in the world would you say:

"They can't control the message. It isn't theirs to control. Lots of others are also looking and would just love to get their first."

That is a ridiculous thing to write when all of these countries with these space programs are in TOTAL control of the equipment, the experiments and the release of the data. I must assume that you have not followed space programs with with a even a hint of a question in your mind that just maybe they were not being truthful.

I'm confused how you are both agreeing with OneBigMonkey, but then make it sound as if you disagree.

OneBigMonkey has a good point:
Other countries have sent probes to study Mars and they would love to be the first to confirm life. So (as he said) NASA does not control the message.

edit on 15/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i dont think they are hiding it
maybe just maybe there was an civilization with medieval level tech on mars but its long dead and destroyed

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: anonentity
NASA cant come straight out and say their is biological life on Mars, because it would leave most of the worlds religions running for the life boats...

....Or maybe, just maybe, nether NASA nor the ESA nor anyone else has found hard evidence of life on Mars; therefore they haven't said there was life on Mars. Science in general (and NASA specifically) is pretty darn convinced that life almost certainly exists elsewhere. That's why they are looking for signs of it.

As for "the worlds religions running for the life boats", I think many religious people already believe life elsewhere is possible (or even likely), so they would probably be fine with a confirmation of life elsewhere. And even some world religions are fine with the idea of life elsewhere.

For example, the Vatican's official astronomer has said it is likely that there is other life in the universe:

Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, the new president of the Vatican Observatory Foundation, has no doubt that life exists elsewhere in the universe and that when humanity discovers it, the news will come as no big surprise.

Vatican astronomer: Just a matter of time until life found in universe

And even earlier Vatican Obervatory heads have said similar things in the past, such as this from 2009:

"The questions of life's origins and of whether life exists elsewhere in the universe are very suitable and deserve serious consideration," said the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, an astronomer and director of the Vatican Observatory."

www.cbsnews.com...

So no -- I truly doubt it would be that, as you put it, "the worlds religions running for the life boats".

Nasa is actively looking for proof of life, To suggest they are hiding it is stupid.

www.space.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

it is never stupid to question anything!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Their's a heck of a load of anomalies , that when taken all together suggest that, in the dim past massive stones were cut and moved, then placed in remote places that we couldn't do today. The people that did this might not have been from Earth, but if they could do that, then theirs a good chance with that sort of tech they are still around today. Either on Mars or some remote place on earth....I'm not saying it was Aliens... but Mars is as good a bet as any.

If Mars was Earthlike and oxygen rich in the past and had intelligent life, then suffered some sort of natural cataclysm, the next planet in the Goldilocks zone is Earth.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: anonentity
It goes way back before NASA.

Both Phobos and Deimos were discovered in 1877 by American astronomer Asaph Hall. The moons appear to have surface materials similar to many asteroids in the outer asteroid belt, which leads most scientists to believe that Phobos and Deimos are captured asteroids.

mars.nasa.gov

How come Jonathan Swift mentioned the two moons of Mars in Gulliver's Travel in 1726? More than 150 years before it was said to be discovered?

Maybe it's on Chapter 3, A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib and Japan for those who want to fact check.

I don't think they believe that they were captured any longer.

One of these studies, to be published in The Astrophysical Journal and predominantly conducted by researchers from the CNRS and Aix-Marseille Universite, rules out the capture of asteroids, and shows that the only scenario compatible with the surface properties of Phobos and Deimos is that of a giant collision. In the second study, a team of French, Belgian, and Japanese researchers used cutting-edge digital simulations to show how these satellites were able to form from the debris of a gigantic collision between Mars and a protoplanet one-third its size.

Read more at: phys.org...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Don't worry dude. I'm feeling ya.

All we know is what we are told. Fact.
Even the history of our own planet changes from year to year with regards to its beginnings.
Who's to say they are all wrong? Who's to say Mars is way older than us and was the result of some huge cataclysmic event?

We never stop learning

Take a look into this picture. Let you mind wonder. Have a think, think some more....then notice that your brain is starting to hurt. That's the point that is known as "the extent of our knowledge". Amazing isn't it. Also, show's just how silly we really are.
ENJOY.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

NASA or anyone else can't find life elsewhere because it would put paid to the lie of religion that it all started right here with Adam and Steve, I mean Eve.

Remember that Jodie Foster movie Contact where they wanted someone who believed in god to be the first to meet an alien. I'm positive that mind set would prevail if such a scenario came up today.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: dragonridr

it is never stupid to question anything!

As long as you don't forget to question your own views/truths, aka critical thinking.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

always buddy

...although i can be impulsive with emotional reactions, but i always reflect, and put my hands up if i find im in the wrong
edit on 16-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

for me we can't rule anything out, Government Agencies cannot be trusted, they are in the business of deception, this i know, hiding behind the veil of National Security accountability goes out the window, Machiavellian techniques have been used for 100s of years at least, and it is used to keep the people under control, they are afraid to loosen that tight grip they have, news of aliens will loosen that grip, no doubt......

Machiavellian
ˌmakɪəˈvɛlɪən/Submit
adjective
cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in POLITICS.
"a whole range of outrageous Machiavellian manoeuvres"
synonyms: devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, designing, conniving, opportunistic, insidious, treacherous, perfidious, two-faced, Janus-faced, tricky, double-dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest; informalfoxy
"there were press accusations of Machiavellian deception"
edit on 16-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join