It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big cat' spotted in Somerset, UK.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimmycrackerson3

What a stupid comment

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The more I look at it...

My first gut was a Jaguar...

Then I definitely thought it was a bear..

But now Im back to it definitely being a Jaguar. Ive seen black Jaguars in person, and thats exactly what this looks like. A very well fed older adult Black Jaguar.

wallpapercave.com...
edit on 19-5-2017 by Lucidparadox because: added link

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

That's interesting. For some reason I pictured them as a sleeker cat.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That's interesting. For some reason I pictured them as a sleeker cat.

They are when they are naturally in the wild

Black Jaguars bred in captivity however get fat. So its easy to see one being a private pet in the UK, then getting released and looking fat.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes, I can certainly see your point.

It is a shame if it was someone's pet and they just decided to get rid of it like that and set it free to fend for itself. Most exotic pet owners make sure that their animals have plenty of space and make their habitats as natural to their place of origin as possible. They care a great deal and go to great expense to make them happy and comfortable.

There are too many people who buy a wildcat thinking it's cool and will be fun and then realize it costs a fortune to feed and care for them, get tired of the responsibility and just let them go.

edit on 20-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I agree in principle, but I'm pretty sure a big cat could survive and have a good life in the wild here.
edit on 20-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Yeah true. Just a shame when people abandon their pets. Poor big cat might be wondering where his family went or why they left him. We have no idea of knowing exactly what happened. I just hope no one shoots the poor thing.

This is a bobcat, one of a number of wildcats an online friend had. He is sitting at the kitchen table. LOL
He has a lot of land and his cats have plenty of room to roam around, are well fed and looked after by a vet. I think they are all rescues.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thats so cute

I love all cats. My "spirit animal" / protector spirit is actually a Siberian Tiger (the biggest species of cat), and I love watching cat-rescue sanctuary videos. There's one in particular in Mexico where they are very well looked after. It's called the Black Jaguar White Tiger foundation. They have a couple of Black Jaguars, who I have seen almost daily updates about in my newsfeed, so Im pretty certain the animal in the OP is a Jaguar. They also have a few Siberian Tigers, Asian tigers, Lions and more. Mexico (and probably all of latin america) has a very bad illegal big-cat situation going on, and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear stories of non-native big cat sightings more frequently in the wild there too.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

That lone jaguar must be lonely. I wonder if someone had it when it was young and if it is somewhat domesticated.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Hmm, you've made me think ... it's actually unusual for wild big cats to show themselves like this... perhaps this one is missing it's humans ... It does kind of look like it wants to be seen by this family. Just as likely doesn't care though and has a jaguar family of its own based on some of the stories ive read about in this thread lol

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My mind's telling me. For all these stories and sightings there must be grain of truth and this pic might be the evidence

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Yeah.. my first guess is..

Its a bear

my second guess is...

A black jaguar

But its most likely a bear

I don't think England has bears...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm goin outback now....it's 1 am in Texas.......I'm right near four of them.

One kit was hit by a car....11 months after two kittens were seen following mom....crossing a road.....I would never shoot one, if I was, I'd a done it when I was 14 ...in Irving Texas by Las Colinas golf course......when I saw my first at about 35 feet.....

Edit....not cougars here in Texas......most of the black cats have a canine face....pit bull lookin.....why I didn't blow away the first one....it was someone's dog till I saw its tail....
edit on 28-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Yeah.. my first guess is..

Its a bear

my second guess is...

A black jaguar

But its most likely a bear

I think a bear would be even bigger news - we've had big cat sightings going back for decades, but we wiped out the last of our bears about a thousand years ago...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There has been a swarm of big cat sightings this past spring as per usual

link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The creature in the pic has a canine face

link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The creature in the pic has a canine face

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
a reply to: NerdGoddess

nope, no bears, no big cats over here, just stupid myths, check out Beast of Bodmin

Beast of Bodmin is NOT a myth. It is just well protected. I think they have died out now but around 15-25 years ago there used to be a real BoB. Look around the Bolventor area

< used to live ~10 miles from Bolventor, for many years.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mustafasaid

Yeah when I lived down Kernow there was huge rumours of the beast of Bodmin and the amount of abandoned quarries for them to live in

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I live in the UK, East Yorkshire to be more precise, and in either 1992 or 93 a pal and I saw three big cats in playing fields, whilst on our way home in the wee small hours.
One of them was much bigger than the others, and by the way the other two were pawing/play fighting with the larger one, we believed what we saw to be a mother and it's offspring.
So these big cats are definitely breeding in the countryside.
It was a magnificent sight to see.

It's such a shame that the people that pull the political strings in Blighty are intent on flooding us with millions from the 3rd world, there's going to be nowhere for these brilliant animals to hide soon.

It amazes me how nobody has ever discovered a corpse. There's something almost supernatural about all this subject.
A neighbour of mine reckons that the South African government - before Mandela were training big cats as assassin's. But I think he's telling porkies.
Anyway these things exist in the UK, believe me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join