It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big cat' spotted in Somerset, UK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Whatever it is it, I don't believe it is a wild cat. It is way too chunky!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Whatever it is it, I don't believe it is a wild cat. It is way too chunky!

EWEEEEEEE..... you re the one my dear......

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Looks like a Bear to me.

If its a big cat then its a rare find.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I wouldn't mess with that dog, it might be a bear in disguise and eat my lunch

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Unit

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Just saw this posted in another thread - not saying anything about your thread...but I couldn't stop laughing in the other thread

animal on the loose

edit on 16-5-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

Well thanks for informing me on that. Quite arrogant aren't you!?

Considering I live in the UK, and provided a link to the legislation on the .gov website, I think I'll just ignore your dismissive responses in future.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

I thought your scenario sounded plausible, so I did a little digging, and found an article that states:

"Mark Fraser, founder of the BCIB Research Group, said: “It is not the responsible legal owners that ‘lose’ their animals, but those that are kept illegally with ill regard and little thought to their welfare.
“More and more exotic animals are being seen in the British countryside today, making it an interesting place to be."

Cite

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Yeah, my understanding is that with the introduction of the Dangerous Wild Animal Act 1976, some owners of large cats were soon to become "Illegal" owners, due to not being able to meet some of the regulations outlined in the legislation.

Some owners would have taken the risk and become an Illegal owner, some would have tried to re-home, some would have had their cat euthanised, and others may have released them into the wild.

I know if I had a big kitty, I couldn't bring myself to have it put down.

And of course, there is always the potential for some of them to be recent escapees from illegal owners.

edit on 16-5-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That is a black Boerboel 💪

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That is one badass Mastiff.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

The second pick is pretty clear and that looks like a damn big cat to me.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Yep, that's what it looks like to me! Big and muscular. I wonder if someone could put the original 'cat' photo beside the photo of this dog.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I tried to find one positioned similar, the bellow cut and past is the closest I could find. The original CatBearDog picture also shows what looks like a little nub of a tail sticking up, the 'only' thing that the original picture has that looks more cat like then dog is the front shoulder poking up higher, which is a cat characteristic, although the head of the CatBearDog is in a downward position and could be accentuating the shoulder.

edit on 16-5-2017 by LockNLoad because: typo

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Looking closer at the pic, I don't think that nub is part of its body. The shading makes it appear to be something in the background. You pointed out the important thing to me, the head position relative to the shoulder. I can't remember a dog presenting this way while ambulating. Dogs can do that at times, in my experience, when in a submissive position (which this creature clearly isn't) or in a defensive position which is usually stationary.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...thanks guys! So...what the hell is that thing? That would be one fat or thick cat. Were any UFO's spotted? Maybe an alien lost his pet. lol

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I agree that dog don't normally walk with their heads down, but it 'could' be sniffing the ground and walking, and yeah looking a little closer the "nub" appears separate from the CatBearDog.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It looks like it's stalking

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Too bad it was found in Nanny state UK. Now they'll require all citizens in a 50 mile radius to stay indoors or pay a hefty fine. They will install cameras at all exits of each residence. £50 fee for first offence of leaving the propery, £100 for the second offence. And £500 for each offence after that.

Yet they will not do anything about the creature, because firearms are outlawed except for the authorities, who are shaking in their knickers.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join