It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gold Exports for 2017 Nearly Double From Previous Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Then why is the Government wearing a twenty trillion dollar deficit. Why are interest rates the lowest in recorded history. The answer is the debt happened when the Government left the Gold standard, and if interest rates go up, the government couldn't pay the interest on the debt and still function. So what they do is print money, backed by nothing but goods that nobody can afford anymore.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
The people in power, whoever they may be, will always have control of the resources. The people in power, WTMB, will always accept gold in trade. Food for food or fuel for fuel is an equal trade, that does not exactly work as the people in power, WTMB, are expecting a profit and ROI. No matter how often in human history SHTF, those in power, WTMB, always make sure to safeguard their riches.

Now your not a fan of bullion as a hedge or investment, so its not necessary to try and really convince you of anything. However, I would say that given gold's status in the world today as our financial status declines in the world, a doubling of gold exports to foreign buyers in one year can mean a handful of things.

Essentially what we are talking here is a nearly 100% increase in an export commodity within one fiscal year. What other exports have seen such a significant gain over a single year?? You have to ask yourself why foreign states and governments are increasing their holdings, and how are they paying for them??

If this gold is being bought up with dollars, than to me it seems that our creditors are in fact abandoning their positions in the dollar as a world reserve currency and trading them in for real assets. Any clues as to what happens to our purchasing power as the biggest holders of our money gradually dump it back to us???

Im all ears, because it seems to me like this is exactly what we are seeing here.
edit on 5-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

If these stats. are correct then Silver might be a massive Achilles heel which will set off some interesting chain reactions.vsrsroccoreport.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That is a very damning report if I may say so. Certainly makes more sense in your thread on why silver prices could easily surpass $50/oz . Now I m concerned, and those estimates do not seem so unrealistic after all.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The latest crash if it were a true crash, we would have seen the PM'S starting to go up significantly. They seem to have just had a little hiccup, and were easily controlled by the dumps. But when the crash actually goes off the dumping wont work and they will stop trying because the shorts will cost to much. Just thought I'd mention that. At the moment it seems to be a slow train crash.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join