It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best President of All Time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Any within the last 50 years need not apply, frankly. I'd say JFK, but to be frank, he wasn't in office long enough to make that assessment. He was only in office for two years...

Before him, I would say you'd have to look at someone like FDR or Abraham Lincoln.

Reagan helped to pull the country out of a recession and played a huge role in ending communist rule in Eastern Europe.

I would say that was quite an accomplishment.

Reagan put us in a recession with his voodoo economics and then proceeded to destroy our economy. Reagan was the biggest failure to inhabit the White House.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
William Henry Harrison was the greatest President to ever hold office. Mainly because he died before he could screw things up.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TauOmicron
Best President of All Time?

Martin Sheen! *__-

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Best:

1) T. Roosevelt
2) Jackson
3) Washington
4) Jefferson
5) Reagan
6) Grant
7) Taft
8) G.W. Bush
9) Truman
10) Eisenhower

Worst:
1) Lincoln
2) A. Johnson
3) Clinton
4) Nixon
5) F. Roosevelt
6) Obama
7) Madison
8) Coolidge
9) Hoover
10) Polk

I would look into your list a little better. Taft was this countries worst and laziest presidents of all time. They had to redesign the WH for Taft to walk his lazy ass around.

Best president would have to be Washington. He laid the foundation for this nation. He also warned us about political parties and he couldn't have been more right. Just look at us. Makes me sad.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
President Camacho?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Chris Ballew

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
We all know who it is going to be.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
President Camacho?

I take it back. Your right. Can't believe I forgot about him.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Just so you know, you would not have had to wait a century for Democracy to come to the Earth, because it was not invented in, or by Washington or any other American, founder of a nation or otherwise. It was already as old as the hills, well before America was even discovered by European explorers.

However, Washington was instrumental in the firm foundation of the nation we have come to know as the USA, and everything you said about his fortitude in the doing of that great work is legitimate. If he had encountered even the smallest misstep in that early period, it would have meant a very different future, and slower progress toward liberty and freedom for those living in the region.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

How the HELL is George W. Bush anywhere in your top ten list?

The man is easily one of the most morally, ethically and intellectually defunct individuals to grace office, trumped only by the man who occupies the position at this point in history!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Andrew Jackson, by far the best President we have ever had.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TauOmicron

By what measure?

It's clear George W Bush. During his tenure he was able to accomplish more of his administrations agenda than any other president in history.

They created the war on terror. They took away everyone's rights with the patriot act. They got rid of habeas corpus. They made crimes like extraordinary rendition and enhanced interrogation techniques legal. They made huge profits for weapon manufacturers. Tax cuts for the wealthy. Trillions of dollars in the pockets of bankers. Got the price of oil to all-time highs. Extended the Rammstein military base rent contract in Germany 200 years. Blew up the pipeline from Iraq to Turkey which would sell oil in Euros. Blew up the pipeline from Iran to China which would sell oil in Euros. Destroyed Arab states in the ME ensuring Israel is the sole ME super power. What more do you want? GWB did it all!!!

ACA will be long gone but we will still have the Patriot Act forever!!

George W Bush RULES!!!

edit on 15-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I understand that democracy was not a novel concept at the time of the American Revolution. However, it wasn't really being practiced for quite a while prior thereto. It is also true that America is not a true democracy to this day, and certainly wasn't until the 1920's. However, the point stands. If America didn't push the agenda we have to wonder what would've occurred. I still contend that George Washington was the fulcrum on which this historical trend swung.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Might've had something to do with the tech bubble too, no?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree. It has to be George W Bush. Anyone who gives you these gems has to be lauded:

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000 Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct.

8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you.

His oratory skills were truly mesmerizing.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
From a personal economic standpoint, I made enough money during the Clinton administration to retire at 40.

I long for those years of where almost everyone had tons of disposable income and spent like fiends.

GWB wasn't bad until the war started then that sucked all the extra dollars from the working man and gave it to the war profiteers.

I agree. The Clinton era was the best money making time in my lifetime. Money was actually worth something too!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The tech bubble was't just a bubble. Real companies were getting real work done with HUGE productivity gains.

I think during the Clinton era corporate tax policies favored CEOs pumping cash into investments making growing a stock's price was better for the CEO. After 2000 tax policies change so all having lot's of cash was more advantageous than pumping up stock price. I'm having trouble finding the exact public policy and when it changed. I just get too many search hits.

edit on 15-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TauOmicron

Dont know...but we've had a few...and for just as many different reasons.

Im going with 2: George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.Though both grew Hemp and had Slaves...on their shoulders rested the fate of a New Country and all its people then and for the future...with determination and integrity, blood, sweat and tears.

Against all odds and the King of England. Those 2 stand out as does Lincoln, Kennedy and even Reagan.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Top five in no particular order

1. Abraham Lincoln
2. Ted Roosevelt
3. John Kennedy
4.Franklin Roosevelt
5. Ronald Reagan

Five Worst in no particular order

1. Calvin Coolidge
2. George W. Bush.
3. Barack Obama
4. Herbert Hoover
5. Woodrow Wilson

edit on 15-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join