It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Ones, Dr. Calhouns Utopia...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you other member for adding the original video to another thread. Thought it deserved it's own after watching a follow up video.

Behavioral sink

Many [female rats] were unable to carry pregnancy to full term or to survive delivery of their litters if they did. An even greater number, after successfully giving birth, fell short in their maternal functions. Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep. The social organization of the animals showed equal disruption.

The common source of these disturbances became most dramatically apparent in the populations of our first series of three experiments, in which we observed the development of what we called a behavioral sink. The animals would crowd together in greatest number in one of the four interconnecting pens in which the colony was maintained. As many as 60 of the 80 rats in each experimental population would assemble in one pen during periods of feeding. Individual rats would rarely eat except in the company of other rats. As a result extreme population densities developed in the pen adopted for eating, leaving the others with sparse populations.

This sounds a like like our current society... behavioral sink...

Physical life

Population increase abruptly ceased on day 560 after colonization.
(1) Incidence of pregnancies decline very rapidly with no young surviving.
(1) The last conception took place about day 920
(1) Male counterparts to non-reproducing females were named the "beautiful ones". They never engaged in sexual approaches toward females, and they never engaged in fighting. Their behavioural repertoire became largely confined to eating, drinking, sleeping and grooming.
(1) The capacity for reproduction terminated.
(3) The last thousand animals born never learned to develop the social behaviours, they never learned to be aggressive, which is necessary in defence of home sites; not engaging in any stressful activity, and only paying attention to themselves, they groomed themselves well so they looked like very fine specimens.
(2) Other young mice growing into adulthood exhibited an even different type of behaviour. Dr Calhoun called these individuals "the beautiful ones". Their time was devoted solely to grooming, eating and sleeping. They never involved themselves with others, engaged in sex, nor would they fight. All appeared as a beautiful exhibit of the species with keen, alert eyes and a healthy well-kept body. These mice, however, could not cope with unusual stimuli. Though they looked inquisitive they were, in fact, very stupid.

Is this what we are experiencing in Western Culture? Is this why we have massive population declines in naturalized born Americans, Japanese and Europeans??

In this video the presenters postulate that what was the root cause of the "epidemic" was increased exposure to social interaction...

COUGH COUGH

Look at the state of social affairs in our countries on college campuses and in our political spectrum.

Does this look familiar people?

edit on 14-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's ok. This "human" spacesuit is only for spiritual advancement. Hence, why our ancient ancestors, knew what was going to happen before a computer figured out the data of our doom.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

From all of that, you conclude a similarity with SJWs?

Why not xenophobia?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

A few examples from a plethora of examples. I could sit here for hours trying to cover every single one of them and someone would still point out the one I missed.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

A few examples from a plethora of examples. I could sit here for hours trying to cover every single one of them and someone would still point out the one I missed.

I wasn't pointing out the one you missed; I was pointing out the one you singled out.

The irony is that most anti-SJW conservatives are confused by the new stimuli of being confronted with new ideas or even a retirement or rejection of their own.

I see those rats more as baby boomers than anything else.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That would be wonderful if I was a conservative (yay let's start the labeling political nonsense and totally miss the rest of the entire thread because you read three letters, SJW) however I am a libertarian.

Anything else to add or are you attempting to turn this into a left vs right political bashing fest?

In fact let me do the world a favor and remove it before everyone has a cow.
edit on 14-5-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I am not a rat.

We are not rats.

Rat sluts have sexier sons?

What is the point of all of this?

edit on 14-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nature has a built in population control it seems. a trigger for super crowding in order to control resources. neat.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Anything else to add or are you attempting to turn this into a left vs right political bashing fest?

Well, you did say.

COUGH COUGH

Look at the state of social affairs in our countries on college campuses and in our political spectrum.

ETA: On-topic, the conclusion they came to was that

The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

Not quite the one you allude to and i?m not really sure how human roles compare to roles in rat society but I don't think you can just compare as if they were apples to apples.

edit on 14-5-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I wasn't pointing out the one you missed; I was pointing out the one you singled out.

The irony is that most anti-SJW conservatives are confused by the new stimuli of being confronted with new ideas or even a retirement or rejection of their own.

I see those rats more as baby boomers than anything else.

That's absurd. Being anti-SJW doesn't make one a conservative. You must be under the impression that "SJW's" are really what they say they are. (Hint: they are the opposite). Baby boomers were the real social justice warriors. Do your history.
The Beautiful Ones in human society are obviously clueless "SJW's". No knowledge of how the world really works. And completely unprepared for anything contrary to what is inside their little bubble.

edit on 5/15/2017 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/2017 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Consider the behaviors in dense population centers.. cities... compared to rural populations. People are guided to live in population centers and fly over bible clutcher areas are looked down upon. Funny how theyve slipped that into the cultural new speak. purposeful overcrowding and "multiculturalism" to destroy identity and promote homogenous beautiful ones. Docile and useless eaters to be ran through a maze. Youd not even have to worry about an uprising.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Rodentia has MOBs where they cannibalize due to overpopulation and stress in the environment.

The change in growing population levels in developed countries likely rather has to do more with people focuses on careers and working, thus pushing back child birth years and how many children they conceive.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

from rats to humans to politics - quite a stretch

What a stupid thread

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You obviously have no idea what you are reading or watching.

It's ok though I understand some things are harder to grasp than others.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sounds like the pot...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a freaking clue.

I'm still waiting for you to make a point as I'm really not sure what it is you wanted to discuss.

edit on 15-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Its ok though - you can draw any inference you like - you obviously have an idea and it makes some sort of sense to you

www.physicsoflife.pl...'s_experiment.html#phase-d

John Calhoun conclusions: The demise of a population contradicts prior knowledge which indicates that when a population declines to a few remnant groups, some individuals will reinitiate its growth.

Its all good - the decline in population will be reversed; I just find your question below....somewhat a stretch

Look at the state of social affairs in our countries on college campuses and in our political spectrum. Does this look familiar people?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a freaking clue.

I'm still waiting for you to make a point as I'm really not sure what it is you wanted to discuss.

You really can't draw your own conclusion here???

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You did and it had nothing to do with Dr. Calhoun's.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You really can't draw your own conclusion here???

Sure... rats go crazy when locked in cages.

What does that have to do with college campuses and the political spectrum of the country?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join