It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ransomware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why the hell couldn't all that ransomware be directed to Kim? Surely??? Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-5-2017 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Why the hell couldn't all that ransomware be directed to Kim? Surely??? Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because their internet infrastructure is so poor that no malware could get through. Hackers have forgotten how to target Windows 95.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

One time I was in a small airplane flight from Detroit to Toledo. I walk into the airplane. It seated about 20 people and you could see the pilots in the cockpit literally 10 feet away. The pilot says into the radio mic, "Yeah, there it goes again." After a brief moment he says, "Okay, I'll try it." He then shuts all the power off on the airplane. And then a second or two later he turns the master switch and the power comes back on. After a minute of lights and beeping he then says over the radio mic, "Yeah, that fixed it." True story!!!! Draw your own conclusions!!!!

edit on 14-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: schuyler

True story!!!! Draw your own conclusions!!!!

OK. Like I've always said when I was head of IT and had an org with 200 staff (IT had 4, including me), if in doubt, reboot, THEN call me if it still doesn't work.

(Hey Capt. Beno. I saw what you did there!)
edit on 5/14/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Because their internet infrastructure is so poor that no malware could get through. Hackers have forgotten how to target Windows 95.

Windows 95?!? When did they upgrade?

Seriously though why would anyone in their right mind use ransomware against NK? Do you think they could or would pay?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
NK does not rely on PC's to sustain their way of life.

Thats number 1. The country is used to a simpler way of life right or wrong.

An attack like this would not do anything.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, you're right! I've seen footage of them running away from those missiles after lighting the touchpaper!

But seriously, no computer system, no launchy. Surely someone could give them a dose? The mans a crazy loon.

new topics

top topics

join