It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 of the 6 Muslim majority countries banned from entry by Trump are all Russia satellites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
According to wiki, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan operates Su-24 which is a Russian plane. Yemen is a Russia ally and operates MiG-29. Somalia is the one of the poorest countries in the world and is obviously a failed state and does not operate any modern plane. Iran is the only banned country that operates an American plane F-14 which it received prior to the Islamic Revolution.

To me, this sounds like the ban is political in nature, not religious.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

The sources they cite are in the footnotes. Besides, I've personally seen Syria and Yemen and Libya use MiG-29 and Su-24 in war recently.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There are 2 houses for sale on my street and I say to myself everyday "I wish syrian refugees would move here"

We could watch cowboys games together and our wives could get their nails painted together and play tennis at the country club...

Heck, i heard dell is hiring and I'm sure they are excellent with corporate structures and would be such an asset to my community...

In the old [racist] days, America would only take highly educated immigrants like Einstein…
But now we are happy to take uneducated religious zealots who want nothing to do with our lifestyle…
Great idea Democrats!!
Can't wait for my new neighbors...
I'll run to Kroger and buy a goat to celebrate..

-Chris

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yemen is no ally of Russia. Of course, back in the Cold War the Soviets were supporters of North Yemen, along with the Chinese. The only links nowadays are through the proxy Iran who supports one side in the brutal civil war. Similarly, Russia has no modern relationship with Somalia, which has been dysfunctional for a very long time.

In reality, the nations you mention are where life is cheap and where groups like al-Qaeda have influence and are active. Whether you like the politics, or not, all Trump is doing is removing the risk that nut-jobs will come to America intent on causing mayhem. After all, it's happening in places like Germany and France right now.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's all BS as far as I can see.

Kroger carries goats? Wait, what?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You may have missed Trump carrying on about Muslims data bases, and travel bans, t he y were also part of his platform and website.

If he wasn't an inept politician he would have known the issue that would create under religious freedom.

But he is a class A idiot so instead of creating a code phrase like "family values" he was literal, which makes it very hard to defend.

As far as the ban, well our buddies the chief funders of anti American plots, are not on the list. Heck he probably loves the Saudis, the royalty loves spending money on lavish pampering.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source.

This is such a ridiculous blanket statement.

If the entry is not sourced, then yes, the entry should be by trusted (however reliable it might be)

Fortunately the entries mostly are sourced, and when they are not, you can rely on it to be obvious - and then you now to check up yourself. Wikipedia is plenty reliable.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Try using Wikipedia as a source in a college paper. F!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Try using any encyclopedia in a college paper.

("F!" - what?)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

Kroger carries goats? Wait, what?

I'm a Texan....goats are on the aisle between the chickens and gelded bulls...
If you want a breeding bull then go to Albertsons or Super Target...

-Chris

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Got any donkeys?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

Got any donkeys?

Just me..and I'm not for sale

-Chris

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Try using any encyclopedia in a college paper.

("F!" - what?)

Well, I would say Wiki is only as reliable as the source they use that is often questionable IMO and Encyclopedia Britannica was well trusted before people heard of Wikipedia. I am sure they are equally untrustworthy today. Challenge the information against other sources is what used to be taught at the University's.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Germany used to fly MiG-29s as well after reunification. Does that make them a Russian client?

Poland flies MiG-29s and Su-17s, are they also a Russian puppet? I think they'd be pretty annoyed if you told them they were.

Iran is a fully independent state. They have close ties to Russia but it's not a puppet-master relationship.

Speaking of Iran they have no arms deals with the US since the embargo (Iran-Contra being the exception) the US does not sell equipment to Iran, they maintain their US-sourced hardware through local production of spare parts etc.

Sudan is far closer to China than Russia. China are their primary oil buyers, and main arms supplier.

Yemen is in a state of total chaos. I don't think it even counts as a country anymore.

The same goes for Libya. State of anarchy since Hillary and Obama overthrew Gaddafi

I wouldn't really call Syria a puppet either. They are very close to the Russians, one of their most important allies, but historically the Russians (and USSR) had to bend over backwards to get favourable deals with the Syrians. This was most evident in their armaments. Syria was the only country ever to receive Soviet-standard military equipment, even their most loyal East Bloc vassals, such as East Germany and Bulgaria, got downgraded export models.

You are of course right that the "Muslim" Ban is politically motivated, but it isn't because they are Russian allies. The countries listed either have a history of Secular leaders, currently have Secular leaders, or are openly opposed to Saudi-Wahhabi domination of the region.
edit on -050009am5kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

edit on -050009am5kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Thank God, I wouldn't ask you to prostitute yourself out for all the silver in Harrods court!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Not one of those countries is a Russian satellite.

There are only 3 countries on the planet that can create/build a modern military fighting jet on there own. The three countries are the United States of America, Russia and France. Under your example if a country uses a jet from another country, that country is a satellite of the country from which the aircraft came.
LOL- who is Canada a satellite of? China? Australia? England? Italy? Japan? India? Germany?

edit on 14-5-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

Not one of those countries is a Russian satellite.

There are only 3 countries on the planet that can create/build a modern military fighting jet on there own. The three countries are the United States of America, Russia and France.

That's not quite true, really.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

People underestimate Canada.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Actually TOTALLY TRUE. Read what you linked and you will find that it is built with tech and equipment from France and the US.

C'mon man. You disproved your own stayement

I searched this out for you to read, it is a couple years old, but the facts remain the same. It's common lnowledge.

russia-insider.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join