It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe should have never discarded its Christian identity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ah yes the pederists and old fools that protect our spiritual being have done a wondrous job first for not speaking out about the moral decay,destruction of the family unit and the destruction of the divine masculine or the war against testosterone then we have the evils of this world the sex slavery,abuse of children,human sacrifice and all the rest of it,not a dicky bird.

Then as the final insult they stand idly by as we are invaded by a Religion that is hellbent on world domination through violence as sharia law and no go zones sprout up world wide the Church just tells us to bend over further.

As morals decrease so does freedom,there has been no relatively free society in history that wasn't moral.

Christianity deserves to go the way of Zeus just do nothing follow our orders and wait forever in chains for a saviour that never comes.

Europes headed to hell in a handbasket and I have no sympathy a continent of neutered cowards.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: firefromabove

You're right. The fallacy of the christianiphobes is that everything the church did was evil. They say this while they enjoy healthcare, education, and judeo-Christian values. It's difficult for them to even recognize the effect of Christianity on Western Civilization, let alone applaud them for it. We can now say goodbye to Europe.
Uhhmm.. christianity didn't invent education, healthcare, or morals. In fact i think there are some parts of the bible that are very detrimental to these things. I would focus on human values and not try to conflate christianity with humanism. christian values are "believe in jesus so you don't go to imaginary hell" all of the other values you spoke of came long before christianity was a thing.

No one said Christians invented those things, only that the west would not have them if it wasn't for Christianity. As others have already mentioned, we'd still be pagans, and we'd still be enjoying human sacrifices and polygamy.
huh? Pagan? I don't think you are using that term correctly. It basically means any religion that is not christianity. So yea?

while christianity was being spread throughout the world by threat of terrible death, there were still many competing ideologies, some of them commited child sacrifices, but christianity consumed the entire globe in blood. And still to this day teaches such nonsense as to have the majority of it's adherents completely deny science and known physical laws, so they can continue to draw the trillions of dollars that allows them this kind of control over the world of international politics. Why? Because people are scared and they don't want their team to lose.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Self control, and respect for others, a moral compass and solidarity, these are qualities I recognize as beneficial in religion.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Well yes, but North Korea is about being miserable through an enforced system, without choice whatsoever.

That's not the case in the West, we can have a Bill Nye show and decide to change channel and criticize him on facebook or even face to face if we find him shopping in our street market, but at least we have options and choices. We need authority and order but mixed with an healthy dose of tolerance.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why wouldnt the west have had those things without christianity?

Just when did Christianity become the dominant religion in Europe?

When did healthcare and education get provided to the masses as public service, because education and health care ofc existed BCE.

How did you draw the correlation?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I don't understand how you can state that comment as fact? Especially how against science christianity was in the start of scientific progress. It almost seems like the church moved very hard against science as it directly threatens their power, and that continues on today to a lesser degree.

Did scientific progress make no advancement in the other parts of the world that didn't have a christian background? Lets take the east for example. Or advancement that took place before christianity was even created, say the pyramids for example.

You seem like such an intelligent person, that statement just seems like such a lack of harmony.

That's an old communist argument.

Copernicus was a catholic clergyman. Galileo was a catholic. Newton was a Christian. Roger Bacon was a Franciscan friar. Kepler was a Christian. Pascal was a Catholic theologian. These scientists held world views specific to their religions, and without them, there would be no modern science.

Sure the church itself may have condemned a few of these men for their theories, but those are notable because they are exceptions to the rule. On the whole it has had a positive effect on science and knowledge.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I transport Muslims in emergency and regular situations daily and Im learning soooo much about both them...and us...and how we observe each other...and treat one another.

All treat me very well I can say...I hope we will see peace in our time...but Im afraid I wont live to see it...

Thanks a lot for the reply....Best, MS

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

When did healthcare and education get provided to the masses as public service, because education and health care ofc existed BCE.

Because without Christianity and the church the pagans and barbarians would still be dressed in furs and worshipping thickets of wood.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Don't curse the hand that feeds. It would be your undoing, completely.

Use your intellect instead, if you're into that kind of thing. I trust you know what that means.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

huh? Pagan? I don't think you are using that term correctly. It basically means any religion that is not christianity. So yea?

while christianity was being spread throughout the world by threat of terrible death, there were still many competing ideologies, some of them commited child sacrifices, but christianity consumed the entire globe in blood. And still to this day teaches such nonsense as to have the majority of it's adherents completely deny science and known physical laws, so they can continue to draw the trillions of dollars that allows them this kind of control over the world of international politics. Why? Because people are scared and they don't want their team to lose.

Consumed the entire globe in blood? Complete nonsense. I think you've found a good bogeyman with which to blame the state of the world.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Because without Christianity and the church the pagans and barbarians would still be dressed in furs and worshipping thickets of wood.

And yet they created and traded beautiful and fine fabrics, which are widely known of. Wealthy Romans paid good money for them.

You'd probably best avoid discussing this time period

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

You have a point, right now there is prediction where Generation Z, the generation after Millennials will be conservative probably in response to Bill Nye and other SJWs.

There is hope for the West.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Indeed my friend, I have been reading those predictions with surprise, then again, Im thinking that universal balance in one way or another makes it's appearance when we might not expect. It's an interesting cycle.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

Don't curse the hand that feeds. It would be your undoing, completely.

Use your intellect instead, if you're into that kind of thing. I trust you know what that means.

You know, in the past when I a fully practicing catholic, I lived my life in fear and shame because of the religious ideology that was instilled in me. Your type of reasoning kept me in chains for a long time. Then I found freedom and the threat of eternal damnation for being a pagan no longer holds sway over my actions.

I have to admit, I have become a much more moral person now that I have opened my eyes.

I now accept full accountability and responsibility for my actions.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And yet they created and traded beautiful and fine fabrics, which are widely known of. Wealthy Romans paid good money for them.

You'd probably best avoid discussing this time period

Right, that famous barbarian fur trade. Look how well that worked out.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Self control, and respect for others, a moral compass and solidarity, these are qualities I recognize as beneficial in religion.

Yes. They teach self control by telling you about hell and the fake consequences of not following gods arbitray commandments.

Respect for others? They might teach that jesus said things like that, but in practice christians really only respect themselves, on second thought most of them fight amongst themselves because they cannot get a coherent plan for what to believe.

Moral compass? I touched on that up there, but being moral out of fear of a rediculous monster is not really a good compass to follow.

Solidarity? 30,000 christian denominations. All of which think the others are fake.

Nope. All of your points fade away with a little scrutiny. But i'm willing to pluck the things that do work from that mess and use them to make a coherent method of offering those things and more.

youtu.be... Here is a ted talk from Alain de Botton that puts this out there nicely. Basically he explains that the perks from religion would work a lot better if we remove the cons.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Consumed the entire globe in blood? Complete nonsense. I think you've found a good bogeyman with which to blame the state of the world.
the middle east, Check

Northwest europe. Check

Africa. Check

South America. Check

North America. Check

Japan/Nihon. Check

India. Check

Russia. Check

China. Check

Well, maybe they didn't do as well in russia and china, but they tried and are still trying.

The only place christianity hasn't killed people and tried to replce culture is the arctic and antarctic. Thats only because when they got there, there was nobody to assimilate.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't understand how you can state that comment as fact? Especially how against science christianity was in the start of scientific progress. It almost seems like the church moved very hard against science as it directly threatens their power, and that continues on today to a lesser degree.

Did scientific progress make no advancement in the other parts of the world that didn't have a christian background? Lets take the east for example. Or advancement that took place before christianity was even created, say the pyramids for example.

You seem like such an intelligent person, that statement just seems like such a lack of harmony.

That's an old communist argument.

Copernicus was a catholic clergyman. Galileo was a catholic. Newton was a Christian. Roger Bacon was a Franciscan friar. Kepler was a Christian. Pascal was a Catholic theologian. These scientists held world views specific to their religions, and without them, there would be no modern science.

Sure the church itself may have condemned a few of these men for their theories, but those are notable because they are exceptions to the rule. On the whole it has had a positive effect on science and knowledge.
Christianity literally opposed most of those scientists. Without that opposition, we would be much further along in our understanding of the universe. Christianity literally cannot exist in a world where scientific discovery is taken more seriously than fables and myth.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is no God, there never was a God. So why have millions of people believing in something that is pure fantasy. Also, i might add. If people stopped cherry picking tbe bible, to what suits them, you would see a book that is brutal, and obviously came from man and not a God.

If the God in the bible was true, i would be absolutely gutted!

So, i would be happy if there was no religion. But that is my opinion.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

the middle east, Check

Northwest europe. Check

Africa. Check

South America. Check

North America. Check

Japan/Nihon. Check

India. Check

Russia. Check

China. Check

Well, maybe they didn't do as well in russia and china, but they tried and are still trying.

The only place christianity hasn't killed people and tried to replce culture is the arctic and antarctic. Thats only because when they got there, there was nobody to assimilate.

And they made those places better. Check.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join