It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe should have never discarded its Christian identity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Yes. I had Donkey in mind. Funny you asked.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No, Europe is still Europe, what's happening is that people are confusing Europe with the European Union, what you call "suicide" is happening on a global scale and is very much related with lack of adequate social responses and if you want to go deeper, lack of and respect for human values. If you compare european politicians from the XX century to the ones in power now, you will realize how big is the gap in human and political quality, one thing is for sure, people are demanding more transparency and responsability from the politicians, to me that's not suicide, that's an awakening.
edit on 14-5-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The mass migration of people from outside of Europe, all of it promulgated by those in power, ensures the demise. The demographics are altering at an alarming pace. The numbers are too staggering.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

It would have been impossible. Same with America. Our countries and continents welcome all from everywhere....We need to be heading to a future of mixed cultures, religions and beliefs.

I see it every day here in Dearborn with the abundance of Middle Easterners and Eastern European influx and influences. That it has already begun, is evident by your very thread here.

To me its seems evident as well in our future world...we'll embrace the multitude of colors, creeds, beliefs and values. Its a long way off...but it has to be the way...unity.

One small blue planet of "Humankind".
edit on 14-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree with you, that needs to change!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

But here's the thing when Europe was Pagan and Christian, it had a spiritual authority. Without that, well here's what happen

edit on 5/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You're right. The fallacy of the christianiphobes is that everything the church did was evil. They say this while they enjoy healthcare, education, and judeo-Christian values. It's difficult for them to even recognize the effect of Christianity on Western Civilization, let alone applaud them for it. We can now say goodbye to Europe.
Uhhmm.. christianity didn't invent education, healthcare, or morals. In fact i think there are some parts of the bible that are very detrimental to these things. I would focus on human values and not try to conflate christianity with humanism.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)
christian values are "believe in jesus so you don't go to imaginary hell" all of the other values you spoke of came long before christianity was a thing.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

But here's the thing when Europe was Pagan and Christian, it had a spiritual authority. Without that, well here's what happen

I can't even look at Nye anymore.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I recognize one thing, some people need religion in their lives, without it they feel lost and hollow, it guides them, serves them with a purpose, I respect that, not the part where some try to shove it down your throat.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Eh, I will show you the other side of the coin then:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It would have been impossible. Same with America. Our countries and continents welcome all from everywhere....We need to be heading to a future of mixed cultures, religions and beliefs.

I see it every day here in Dearborn with the abundance of Middle Easterners and Eastern European influx and influences. That it has already begun, is evident by your very thread here.

To me its seems evident as well in our future world...we'll embrace the multitude of colors, creeds, beliefs and values. Its a long way off...but it has to be the way...unity.

One small blue planet of "Humankind".
I agree. I think homogenization is the goal. A major problem in muslim majority countries is incest.

www.albawaba.com...

themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

pickeringpost.com...

According to Nicolai Sennels, a Danish psychologist who has done extensive research into Muslim inbreeding, close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred:

70% of Pakistanis are inbred.
67% of Saudi Arabians are inbred.
64% of those living in Jordan and Kuwait are inbred.
63% of Sudanese are inbred.
60% of Iraqis are inbred.
54% of Muslims in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar are inbred.
25-30% of those in Turkey are inbred.
In England, at least 55% of Pakistani immigrants are married to their first cousins.
In Denmark the number of inbred Pakistani immigrants is around 40%.

This is one reason why i choose science over religion.

Religion takes a pretty phrase and forces people to accept it as "truth",

Science shows you why things are true and why they are so beautiful.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Note I acknowledge both Paganism and Christianity is what kept Europe from spiritually falling apart.

I believe that there should be another form of positive spirituality to keep Europe from spiritually degrading.

Here is what some youtube user have to say about the Bill Nye video:

This is the best example of why we shouldn't "throw the baby out with the bathwater" when it comes to religion. Just because we reject the supernatural aspects doesn't mean we reject the sociobiological and cultural aspects. The West is kinda like a lost wandering puppy without a compass in the gaping vacuum left behind with post-Christianity.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
Are they not worried about the
survival of Europeans as a distinct people with a distinct culture???

So much nonsense to address in this post.

Let's start here...

Do you understand that Europe is a continent, made up of many countries, with different cultures??

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You're right. The fallacy of the christianiphobes is that everything the church did was evil. They say this while they enjoy healthcare, education, and judeo-Christian values. It's difficult for them to even recognize the effect of Christianity on Western Civilization, let alone applaud them for it. We can now say goodbye to Europe.
Uhhmm.. christianity didn't invent education, healthcare, or morals. In fact i think there are some parts of the bible that are very detrimental to these things. I would focus on human values and not try to conflate christianity with humanism. christian values are "believe in jesus so you don't go to imaginary hell" all of the other values you spoke of came long before christianity was a thing.

No one said Christians invented those things, only that the west would not have them if it wasn't for Christianity. As others have already mentioned, we'd still be pagans, and we'd still be enjoying human sacrifices and polygamy.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

That's a rational excuse.... .....

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I read you, and I recognize there is a void, I posted in my comment before the video that indeed some people need religion in their lives to fill a void and serve as guide, if not religion, then something else that teaches human values!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
blame it on the tribe lol. they want everyone to be athiests, while they worship mozes behind the scenes.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: Woodcarver

I recognize one thing, some people need religion in their lives, without it they feel lost and hollow, it guides them, serves them with a purpose, I respect that, not the part where some try to shove it down your throat.
hhmm... to say that some people need religion is odd. There might be some aspects of it that they need, but i think if we take out the parts that don't work, then we will have a much more efficient process that is based on empirical facts.

The products that religion sells are:

comfort (the promise of heaven)

self control (the threat of hell)

Authority (most people want someone else to tell them what is acceptable. Religion tells you that you are on the right side, regardless of which side your on, and everyone else is wrong)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Uhhmm.. christianity didn't invent education, healthcare, or morals. In fact i think there are some parts of the bible that are very detrimental to these things. I would focus on human values and not try to conflate christianity with humanism. christian values are "believe in jesus so you don't go to imaginary hell" all of the other values you spoke of came long before christianity was a thing.

No one said Christians invented those things, only that the west would not have them if it wasn't for Christianity. As others have already mentioned, we'd still be pagans, and we'd still be enjoying human sacrifices and polygamy.

I don't understand how you can state that comment as fact? Especially how against science christianity was in the start of scientific progress. It almost seems like the church moved very hard against science as it directly threatens their power, and that continues on today to a lesser degree.

Did scientific progress make no advancement in the other parts of the world that didn't have a christian background? Lets take the east for example. Or advancement that took place before christianity was even created, say the pyramids for example.

You seem like such an intelligent person, that statement just seems like such a lack of harmony.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If you look at other atheist countries like North Korea, the things that distinguished them from Europe is that they use their leader as their spiritual authority (Cult of personality), follow their leaders' zero tolerance policy toward certain behaviors and nationalism.

While yes in the long run it is very detrimental to the people, it at least keep them from going to the level of Bill Nye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join