It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ISIS fighters mostly Middle Eastern or are they from somewhere else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Very interesting perspective I came across for the first time. I was listening to Freemans latest podcast episode and his guest mentions (around 40+minutes in) that most of ISIS is actually composed of people from other parts of the world. Chinese, Phillipino, European, African and not in fact Middle Eastern.

This kind of logic hit me pretty hard, couldn't believe I hadn't had read this before.

Free Zone

Aside from all the rest of the information in the podcast and what you believe about that are totally off topic. This is just my starting point for the discovery of this idea and I wanted to explore it more. However it very VERY hard to find information regarding this topic.

Telegraph
According to this article there are thousands of pricks joining ISIS from all over the world.

Thousands of foreign fighters have travelled to Iraq and Syria in the year since Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's (Isil) lightning sweep through the two territories.

Now this is odd and I wonder why the mainstream media wouldn't be mentioning this in such a fashion????

What do you think?

What % of ISIS is actually Middle Eastern??

Does it matter and how does this change anything if most of them are foreign??

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is odd that there are people out there who will travel to the Middle-East to join ISIS, I think ISIS has active message boards and recruiters that target vulnerable people, they also use social media.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

When I finish school I would love to join a hacking coalition to defeat them.

Maybe the NSA has a job for someone like me.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The msm has talked about it, extensively...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh maybe it's because I don't watch TV.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

yea it's funny that there are jighadtards everywhere in the world.
weird you've never heard of this, it's been spoken of lots of times on the msm's.
edit on 13-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Neither do I. I use the internet.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The Afghanistan MOAB scattered them far and wide!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is only one thing that connects the members of ISIS:

Islam

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
There is only one thing that connects the members of ISIS:

Islam

And money.

Jihad was always a mean money machine.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Very interesting perspective I came across for the first time. I was listening to Freemans latest podcast episode and his guest mentions (around 40+minutes in) that most of ISIS is actually composed of people from other parts of the world. Chinese, Phillipino, European, African and not in fact Middle Eastern.

What do you think? ??

I've read on here and other sites, that ISIS is just mercenary force anyway so therefore that might explain the mutiple nationalites in ISIS. I did read on one site that most of the foot soliders were paid 300 euros per day.

Remember, that ISIS popped up out of no where, they went straight to syria, they are very well organised and resouced for their mission. One wonders why they have undergone so many name changes but my suspicion is that it causes people not dewll on who they are and where they came from and why.

They have said and done all the right things at the right time to suit the western cabal which the Cabal has used to keep the masses suitably afraid. In this regard I think ISIS has been just a little bit too perfect.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

There's been quite a few from the UK.

My opinion about why we aren't told too much about them is that it would alert the population to the ones who are here and haven't been able to travel.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think in some aspects Isis is a conglomerate of all disaffected extremist in that region. But I do believe its Origins are with Saudi Arabia and wahhabi islamist.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I believe that after 9/11 someone came up with this plan to keep terrorist in the middle and keep them busy fighting each other.The plan is actually diabolically genius,why send massive armies over there to prevent terrorists from coming over here and blowing stuff up,why not destabilize a few countries and allow the terrorist to do their killing over there killing their own people.

First the 2 strongmen in the middle east had to be taken out (hussien and gaddafi) because they ran a tight ship and wouldn`t have allowed this type of anarchy to gain a foothold.

second, provide weapons and money (lots of weapons and money) to the most extreme crackpots in the middle east,people so extreme that they would slaughter their fellow countrymen and fellow muslims.

third, remove most of the American troops from the countries that they had just destabilized.

fourth, sit back and watch the show.

The different sects in middle east have been fighting among themselves for thousands of years so it didn`t take much effort to stir that pot and it guarantees that they will be busy killing each other over there for decades or even centuries.

The U.S. war on terrorism was never intended to be a war to wipe out terrorists and terrorism,it was intended to be a war to keep terrorism and terrorist acts out of America.
creating a playground in the middle east for the terrorist to play in and commit terrorist acts in serves the purpose of keeping them out of America.
The culture that creates and supports terrorists and terrorism is now the victim of the terrorists that they create and support.
The terrorists have been played big time,they have been tricked into fighting a war on terrorism against themselves.
The terrorist are destroying their own culture and their own people, the same culture and same people who gave birth to the terrorists and their terroristic lifestyle.

The U.S. created a terrorist magnet in the middle east drawing in terrorists from all over the world, keeping them busy killing over there,using up resources and too distracted to be planning attacks on the U.S.

instead of destroying the monster, the U.S. has turned the monster against it`s creator.

A diabolically genius plan.

edit on 14-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

If the trouble had been contained within the ME region you could be right.

Not sure the people of Europe would agree with you, though.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So utterly incorrect, though an interesting idea in another world.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

What do you think? ??

I've read on here and other sites, that ISIS is just mercenary force anyway so therefore that might explain the mutiple nationalites in ISIS. I did read on one site that most of the foot soliders were paid 300 euros per day.

Remember, that ISIS popped up out of no where, they went straight to syria, they are very well organised and resouced for their mission. One wonders why they have undergone so many name changes but my suspicion is that it causes people not dewll on who they are and where they came from and why.

They have said and done all the right things at the right time to suit the western cabal which the Cabal has used to keep the masses suitably afraid. In this regard I think ISIS has been just a little bit too perfect.

You make an important point that ISIS suit the western powers that be very well. However they didn't 'come from nowhere'.

Very briefly -
They started as an Al-Qaeda branch in Iraq.
Al-Qaeda itself being an incredibly useful tool for western foreign policy during its history.
Most of the senior leaders in the early days were Iraqis, virtually all from Saddam's government.
Other high-level members came together in a US military jail in Anbar province, conveniently provided with space to meet and discuss the American and Shia occupation and form a jihadi network.
Supposedly, they split with Al-Qaeda when they wanted to form an immediate caliphate rather than fight the 'far enemy'.
This idea worked very well to stifle Iranian and Russian interests in the region of Syria and Iraq, considerably useful again for western governments and corporations.
They attracted disgruntled fighters and followers from all over the world through professional use of social and other medias and capitalised quite nicely on the extremist doctrine that had been propagated across the world thanks to Saudi cash.

Couple of interesting random points that indicate the true allegiances of ISIS -
Injured ISIS soldiers have been treated by Israeli military doctors before returning to fight in Syria.
ISIS have a base in Jordan (western ally) that allows them to send weapons into Syria and Iraq. This supply route has never been stopped DESPITE ISIS publically murdering Jordanian citizens.
ISIS made millions of dollars selling oil illegally to Turkey before Russia became involved in Syria, bombing the rat lines and questioning why the US hadn't bothered to do such a thing.

To address the original post -
There have been at least 10000 foreign jihadis fighting for ISIS.
This does not include brides etc.
The number is likely to be a lot higher.
Foreigners are outnumbered by Iraqis, and to a lesser extent Syrians.
Countries that have provided the most foreign fighters include Chechnya, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya, France, Britain and of course Turkey.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mersaultdies

originally posted by: Azureblue

What do you think? ??

You make an important point that ISIS suit the western powers that be very well. However they didn't 'come from nowhere'.

Very briefly -
They started as an Al-Qaeda branch in Iraq.
Al-Qaeda itself being an incredibly useful tool for western foreign policy during its history.
Most of the senior leaders in the early days were Iraqis, virtually all from Saddam's government.
Other high-level members came together in a US military jail in Anbar province, conveniently provided with space to meet and discuss the American and Shia occupation and form a jihadi network.
Supposedly, they split with Al-Qaeda when they wanted to form an immediate caliphate rather than fight the 'far enemy'.
This idea worked very well to stifle Iranian and Russian interests in the region of Syria and Iraq, considerably useful again for western governments and corporations.
They attracted disgruntled fighters and followers from all over the world through professional use of social and other medias and capitalised quite nicely on the extremist doctrine that had been propagated across the world thanks to Saudi cash.

Couple of interesting random points that indicate the true allegiances of ISIS -
Injured ISIS soldiers have been treated by Israeli military doctors before returning to fight in Syria.
ISIS have a base in Jordan (western ally) that allows them to send weapons into Syria and Iraq. This supply route has never been stopped DESPITE ISIS publically murdering Jordanian citizens.
ISIS made millions of dollars selling oil illegally to Turkey before Russia became involved in Syria, bombing the rat lines and questioning why the US hadn't bothered to do such a thing.

To address the original post -
There have been at least 10000 foreign jihadis fighting for ISIS.
This does not include brides etc.
The number is likely to be a lot higher.
Foreigners are outnumbered by Iraqis, and to a lesser extent Syrians.
Countries that have provided the most foreign fighters include Chechnya, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya, France, Britain and of course Turkey.

One of the things I have leanrned over time is that the US dollar is totally dependant on the price of oil. this is why they are absolutely desperate to keep the US dollar as the reserve currency in all the world. Without it the US will crumble over night.

Thats why they make bad guys out out of anyone who does not use the US dollar as their oil currency. None of the axis of evil countires has a reserve bank owned by the same group that owns all the other reserve banks in the world.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
So we're both thinking that Iran will be 'dealt with' at some point soon after Syria is finished and partitioned off between different interest groups, right?

Lots of oil and gas, strategic location, anti petrodollar.

new topics

top topics

join