It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a loner ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

You're not a real loner. You've had wives.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

There's a song that always make me think of a good friend i had when i was around 20-21yo. I still miss her sometimes but not in a sad way,just nostalgia for times back in the day i guess. She was part of an unforgettable time of my young life,a very emotional,haunting time but with a lot of fun also. "If you'll be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal" she was sometimes like a bodyguard
We were walking home late one night when some gangbangers sitting in a parked car in the Main Road were calling to us. I was pregnant at the time,so she was very protective. This slender young woman bellowed at them: "Mind your effing bizniz or i'll kick your effing balls so high up your throat you'll choke on 'em!!"

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I already commented early, but in lue of some of the later comments I feel compelled to respond again.

I am far from being an introvert. Like others that have responded I was quite well known for being very outgoing. Always quick with hellos and usually quite the joker and known to pull practical jokes on my friends.

Even though I'm basically pretty reclusive now, if I do come across people I'm still friendly. I'm not stand offish at all. Still acknowledge the cashier or secretaries, waitress, or whomever I may come across. My personality is still outgoing online.

I admit my divorce hit me hard as I never saw it coming, and I'm probably still licking my wounds to an extent, but I'm really okay with being alone too. I don't need someone else in my life to function or to feel complete as many people seem to need.

People just seem to prefer drama these days more so than I ever really recall in the past and I just don't care for it. Same as I don't care for the political post on here with all their drama. I just choose not to read them. All the arguing and nobody stopping to listen is just pointless to me. Sounds like a bad mix mash of terrible music and I find it rather disconcerting.

I actually feel rather blessed to be where I am at now. It is peaceful yet there is plenty of nature music. My yard is a small sanctuary that has grown from a mere couple of ducks and chickens too lots of ducks and raccoons and deer, foxes and beautiful wild Florida birds. Even some of the more rare species have made their homes here. I could post a ton of pictures I have taken of Mother Natures children just here in my little spot in the world.

So all in all, I'm very much at peace and I'm far from being alone. Frankly I think the world would be a better place if more people could find the beauty that actually surrounds them if they'd only slow down and take notice. Or just stop and actually listen and not just keep trying to get the last word in. People are actually the wild animals as far as I'm concerned.

They destroy and trash things and think nothing of it. They can rude and obnoxious. Narcissistic Behavior runs rampant. Empathy? Is that word even still in the dictionary? We all know this list could go on and on. If I was an alien I would keep my distance too.

Now before someone decides to pick one tiny think out all I've had to say to attack it, yes, I do realize there are good people out there. I realize they eat and sleep Empathy and Compassion and bend over to help their fellow man. It's a damn good thing these people exist. They are probably the closest to being the last remaning thread that has any hint of civilization.

Water seeks its own level and you can bet I will CHOOSE to be near the gentle current as is my nature.

<< 1  2   >>

join