It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Besieged by Boycott Calls After Cancellation of Conservative Tim Allen’s Hit Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, I guess it didn't take long. Tim Allen dared speak about how leftest Hollywood is. Now they are going to cancel his show even though it is has extremely high ratings.

Tim made the mistake of "blaspheming" the Hollywood leftest on the Jimmy Kimmel show a few weeks ago and now it is time for retaliation and retribution.

No conservatives are allowed to speak in Hollywood.

heatst.com...

But the liberal ABC Television Network’s decision to axe Tim Allen’s hit Friday night comedy The Last Man Standing has caused consternation among fans who suspect the highly rated multi-camera sitcom has been nixed primarily because of Allen’s right-of-center political beliefs.

The show was ABC’s second-most-watched comedy this season, with 8.1 million viewers, only behind Modern Family. Deadline Hollywood, which broke the news of the cancellation, reported that The Last Man Standing was “hitting ratings highs in its sixth season.”

Many viewers of the show think that the decision is being made by liberal ABC, owned by Disney, primarily because the series is about an unashamedly conservative character (Mike Baxter) played by a conservative actor. Allen told Jimmy Kimmel in March that living in Hollywood right now was akin to being in Nazi Germany.

www.newsbusters.org...

As pointed out here before, Disney-ABC Television Group president Sherwood serves on the board of the Center for Public Integrity, a group funded by progressive bomb thrower George Soros. How convenient is that?

It’s high time for Disney to do a thorough analysis of its entire television arm, especially since CEO Bob Iger serves on President Trump’s strategic & policy forum. No company should endorse one of its divisions abusing freedom of speech.

edit on 13-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Tim Allen had a show on ABC? Was it a sitcom or something political?

I used to watch Home Improvement all the time back in the day.

Found this article about it and here's something you might find interesting.

5 reasons ABC might have canceled the Tim Allen comedy Last Man Standing

If there’s a main culprit I’d point to as the reason for Last Man Standing’s cancellation, it’s either the show’s age or its ownership. ABC isn’t the studio behind Last Man Standing. Instead, it licenses the show from 20th Century Fox, paying a per-episode fee to the studio. Consequently, ABC gets to keep the bulk of the money from advertising.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Tim Allen had a show on ABC? Was it a sitcom or something political?

I used to watch Home Improvement all the time back in the day.

Yes, Last Man Standing has been on for like 6 years.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, the president does need someone to run the FBI in this country, Would it be funny if Tim got the job and went after the people who canned him.
Everyone knows Tim would fit right into Trumps crew in Washington.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I would like to remind our readers of the striking similarities between Hitlers office of information under Goebbels and the propaganda footage of massive military parades, perfectly synced, overwhelming symbolism and lots of movie cameras. Germany enjoyed the television technology greatly, including televising the 1936 Olympics for the first time.

The similarity I'm referring to is between that institution and Hollywood - they're indistinguishable from each other insofar that they have 1 job to do - convince the public to follow a particular agenda.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't watch TV and when I did I never watched ABC much, except for some shows when I was a kid.

You should check out my edit, Fox actually owns the show, not ABC or Disney. Weird huh?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be until the sexual harassment allegations start coming out?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't watch TV and when I did I never watched ABC much, except for some shows when I was a kid.

You should check out my edit, Fox actually owns the show, not ABC or Disney. Weird huh?

Correct. Still, you don't cancel you #2 comedy that has been running for years just for the hell of it.

ABC isn’t the studio behind Last Man Standing. Instead, it licenses the show from 20th Century Fox, paying a per-episode fee to the studio. Consequently, ABC gets to keep the bulk of the money from advertising.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah it's weird Fox Studios owns it but leases it to ABC. Well, if it's such a hit and there are no problems with the actors wanting to continue to the show Fox should pick it up. I'm sure some Fox channel somewhere already syndicates it's older episodes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Whatever....you don't cancel a no. 2 rated show unless you have a reason that defies what show business is about.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Well, you and I don't work in the TV business and we have no idea what was going on behind the scenes of the show. Did Tim Allen come out already and explain what happened? Did ABC explain why they canceled the show or are people just making political assumptions?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well i stand with Tim Allen on this one. F#ck ABC and their PC crap.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Fox also owns "Modern Family" on ABC. It is in the exact same situation except it is not being canceled, it is being renewed for 2 more years. Oh, it is a left leaning show.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Just more Leftist censorship.

They can't compete in the arena of ideas so they now silence the opposition by any means necessary including the use of violence. Keep it coming liberals you will just lose more votes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No kidding, I just heard about this now also.
Had no idea Tim Allen was still at it.
I loved home improvement when I was a kid.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I wonder if some people even know what tolerance means. They sure throw the word around like they do.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That's so weird that Fox leases out the show. I guess airing them on their own channels would conflict with other shows or something. In any case, until we hear from Tim Allen, other cast members, or ABC jumping to conclusions isn't productive unless of course you want to play the victim.

For all you know the actors contracts are up, money issues, and so on. They are other reasons for cancellation than just partisan politics nonsense.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Fox makes a hit show, but leases it to another network, that gets to keep most of the money from ads?.........that's just weird. Like you said, surely Fox could have fit it in somewhere in their lineup. I'd bet they're making a sh** ton of money leasing it. Maybe that's why it got cancelled. Fox was asking too much to continue letting ABC run it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That's so weird that Fox leases out the show. I guess airing them on their own channels would conflict with other shows or something. In any case, until we hear from Tim Allen, other cast members, or ABC jumping to conclusions isn't productive unless of course you want to play the victim.

For all you know the actors contracts are up, money issues, and so on. They are other reasons for cancellation than just partisan politics nonsense.

Interesting, because Once Upon a Time, another show on ABC, is getting renewed for another season even though half the main cast didn't renew their contracts.

We may not hear about what happened if they had an NDA clause in their contracts, to begin with.

LMS was making money, which means Tim Allen was making money, and ABC gets to keep most of the ad revenue. It doesn't really add up unless you consider that the CEO of Disney (owner of ABC) is making noise about a presidential run in 2020. Can't run as a Dem while having your network run a show staring a Conservative character.

edit on 14-5-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well I guess they just proved what he said is true, lmao. Cannot even question these people in a joking manner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join