It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University Hires ‘Social Justice Advocates’ -snip- to Police Students

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

What is it with all the bashing of liberals these days? I'm a liberal with progressive and conservative views. Though I strongly express my views, I welcome any spirited discussion. That is how I both modify and strengthen my belief, as would most likely be the case for any other intelligent, sentient being. Personally, I find it unlikely that the average liberal is liberal in every way; ditto with the average conservative. More importantly, however, is that we all fundamentally want the same things; thus it perplexes me why it is so difficult to come together on that which affects us all.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

What is it with all the bashing of liberals these days? I'm a liberal with progressive and conservative views. Though I strongly express my views, I welcome any spirited discussion. That is how I both modify and strengthen my belief, as would most likely be the case for any other intelligent, sentient being. Personally, I find it unlikely that the average liberal is liberal in every way; ditto with the average conservative. More importantly, however, is that we all fundamentally want the same things; thus it perplexes me why it is so difficult to come together on that which affects us all.

well not being a conservative i see this the same as the issue with radical muslims and the peaceful muslim population not denouncing such heinous acts. as a liberal you should be just as outraged by such behavior. if the REAL liberals stand up and fight this stuff youd find that conservatives and americans would be right there beside you fighting against such unconstitutional agendas.
edit on 15-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

This is what full-retard looks like when viewed from a rational and logical position.

They're just going to change the title of the job.

They could call the job "PC Principal" ...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It infects courts and LEO training as well. I had to take a cross cultural sensitivity training course. Basically I cant have any views or beliefs of my own... and God forbid I express them. In my PERSONAL and public life!
One of the MANY reasons I am retiring... this idiocy is hurting more people than helping.. as I feel its intended to do.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

You're a real liberal. When most people speak of "liberals" today, they're talking about the modern "SJW" who is the antithesis of tolerance and understanding. Not the real liberals who truly get it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
So, we have official jobs at a University to enforce leftest blasphemy rules now?

Try some factfinding first next time you cry wolf. Zero Hedge is a Russian propaganda site, and you're helping them to split Americans up into two camps, which is an age old tactic to weaken an opponent.

Don't fall for it. Check out your sources first.

Not all expressions of hate or group bias rise to the level of a hate crime as defined in state and federal statute. Derogatory words or epithets directed against a member of a protected class, as listed above, if not accompanied by a threat of harm with the ability to carry it out, are considered protected speech and not a hate crime.

So, everybody is still free to spout leftist, republican, democra or even fascist tripe, as long as you don't threaten your honourable opponent. The "snitches" are merely there to help others (you know, the folks you dont' like much) to have their say too.

Which no doubt you will understand, as you yourself demand to be heard - so do others.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Chadwickus

So you just posted to specifically insult another member?

When logic / critical thinking fails, insults is the only thing people have left. Best ignore it.

edit on th2017000000Mondayth000000Mon, 15 May 2017 07:50:03 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 15 May 2017 07:50:03 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The article doesn't go into it, but the article in the thread (about this very UA SJW group) that the MODs shut down last night did mention it...

..."IT" being the fact that, within this SJW group, they "train" people on self-identification... say what?? I think they mean, we'll tell you who to be!

"Our goal is not impose a belief on students," Sweeton said. "It's simply to expose them to an idea. It does involve a lot of self-reflection. They'll be trained on some areas in terms of self-identity."
phoenix new times

I hate to be that guy who references that one guy but, its so true:

There's a war on for your mind!

edit on 0254x6702America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

in the link a poster posted up a few posts it actually mentions that people found guilty will have to take training seminars and such aswell. re-education if you dont fit the mold. i read through the whole list and while the poster doesnt think theres anything bad in it i found plenty that mirrors history to make me worried
edit on 15-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Blaine91555

Why you gotta use the white background, huh?

First, last, and student ID number, please.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Yep - it's probably time to definitively distinguish yourself from the SJW's.

SJW's are a cultural movement first, political second. It starts in the streets, then infects our institutions but still through force/demands.

This infection is planned and funded by 'community organizers' behind the scenes pulling the strings (rarely identified), assisting with the implementation of 'training' and programs/events to ensure the infection spreads.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Blaine91555

Why you gotta use the white background, huh?

First, last, and student ID number, please.

LOL.
Abysha...When you report him...I think I should get half your 'take' (Pizza Money).

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

You know, retiring is exactly what they want you to do, particularly if your white. Whites are an anachronistic eye sore in the public service gov't jobs. You see stories like this and it makes you realize how pointless these elections are. You could put any Republican in office but at the state and municipal gov'ts its all Dem controled and of course the state Universities are fully in Leftist control.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

this idiocy is hurting more people than helping.. as I feel its intended to do.

You are correct about that too. It is intended and its having the desired effect, its slowly killing the US economy.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
So, we have official jobs at a University to enforce leftest blasphemy rules now? When can we drive one sided biased politics out of our education system? Is that too much to ask.

Who died and made these Social Justice jack@sses the thought police? Seriously? And with taxpayer money to boot?

Let me ask you a question, If these schools were hiring The Tea Party Student Association, or the Conservative Free Speech Council, or the Young Republicans to police speech, thought, and actions on campus that complies with THEIR beliefs, would that be OK for the leftests? I bet not.

Get these extreme politics out of our education system.

www.zerohedge.com...

Administrators at the University of Arizona are now accepting applications for “social justice advocates,” whose job it is to snitch on other students accused of bias. They’re also expected to hold educational programs about “the mosaic of diversity, multiculturalism and inclusivity” and maintain “social justice bulletin boards” in student residence halls.

The job, which officially calls (archived link) for the advocates to “report any bias incidents or claims to appropriate Residence Life staff,” pays the student workers $10 an hour. They’re expected to work 15 hours a week, which means they could be making as much as $600 a month to police their fellow students.

The University of Arizona is a public school, and so these positions are funded with taxpayer dollars. At least until the state legislature reads about it.

edit on Sun May 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Just from navigating through this university's (administration) web site, it is clear to me that their core mission (with research to back it up) in this regard is to educate and improve conditions for "all" students through inclusive excellence and diversity (education). So, before you pay that tuition make sure the university's core missions jive with your missions - freedom of choice. I would also like to read the job description and if 'policing' duties are actually a part of the job.

Our Goal We want to transform UA into the quintessential IE university for the 21st century. Achieving this goal will depend on how well the campus community values and engages the rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, administrators, alumni and community constituents. More than a short-term project or the effort of a single office, this comprehensive approach engages everyone in complete cultural institutional transformation by embedding and practicing IE in every endeavor, aspect and level of the university. The goal is to make diversity and inclusiveness a habit that is implemented and practiced by everyone consistently throughout the university. To practice diversity and inclusiveness is to achieve excellence.

We seek to create the comprehensively engaged university with the expectation that everyone will make a contribution to inclusive excellence. Diversity and inclusiveness are core values for the University of Arizona and offer a competitive advantage in attracting faculty, staff, students and their partners. Moreover, diversity allows the institution to prepare students to be leaders in global contexts.

There are some very interesting reports here, especially the Native American report:

diversity.arizona.edu...
edit on 15CDT09America/Chicago02890931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would get this job and report every black person that says "nigga", when every Mexican person says "gringo" and when every atheist insults Christianity. I would flood their bull#.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I would get this job and report every black person that says "nigga", when every Mexican person says "gringo" and when every atheist insults Christianity. I would flood their bull#.

Not me... Id sit on my ass typing on ATS, watching youtubes, and collect my measly 10 bucks an hour. Id let them all run amok. They come to complain to me... Id give them some BS answer and make em happy without doing anything at all. Pretty much what I get from most local govt offices when I deal with them anyway.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

University of Arizona is the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your individuality will be adapted to service us.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

Liberals are being "bashed" because they are guilty more and more of stupid bull# like the one this very topic is about. And "moderate" liberals like yourself do absolutely nothing to challenge or question them.

This is not to say that Conservatives are not guilty of the same thing, buy the things Conservatives are "doing" are nowhere near as impactful on the lives of average Americans as the things liberals are trying to pull.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

OMG this is truely scary. This viedo would be the next step. I just watched this on facebook, but can be found on Youtube. Modern Educayshun is the title for those of you who want to watch directly from youtube. oops just found out Kromlech posted the vid and link on page 6. Sorry about that Kromlech. It is still scary.

edit on 15/5/2017 by Mystery_Lady because: Kromlech has the vid in his post on page 6

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join