It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania VS Michelle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Michelle was a very qualified first lady, but a completely different kind than Melania.

A vote for Barack Obama was a vote for Michelle Obama as well, while a vote for Trump is just a vote for Trump.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TauOmicron

What were the qualifications that she had?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Why pick on only Michelle when just about every First Lady has had their day in under the political sun for the past few decades? It's not like Michelle was the first one to voice her politics.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

From the few pages I read she's writing about her experience at a predominately white Ivy League school as a black student and how it affected her and will affect her and her fellow black students. I haven't read anything about hating Whitey yet but who knows, it could be in there.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Why pick on only Michelle when just about every First Lady has had their day in under the political sun for the past few decades? It's not like Michelle was the first one to voice her politics.

MIchelle created policy. We never voted for her or her policy.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Michelle's lunch program ring a bell?

She wasn't elected.

No first lady should have ANY part in politics. Ever.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well, it was conservatives online calling her a gorilla, a tranny, and a whole assortment of things for 8 years. Sure, not every single conservative with a Facebook account stooped to such low levels but this is the internet after all and people can't help but to express their opinions in the most vile ways, ToS applicable.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What did Bush's wife do? Or, hold it Clinton----never mind.

I guess just say no is not flashy enough.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh yeah? What policy was that? Better cafeteria food in public schools? OMG!!!

And again, don't act like shes the only First Lady to ever do this.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

LMAO! OMG!! Say it isn't so!

Here's a sobering thought, you don't get to vote on any policy ever. You can contact your representatives and voice your opinions about a policy but you don't vote on anything.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but Obama's wife will create policy.

Who cares what she was called. She wasn't elected to any position ever and she made policies from the perspective of first lady.

Melania is just fine where she is, NOT being involved in politics.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I know I know, those liberal first ladies are such a beotch. Shows the character of the man they married that was elected to be president of the US when they resort to their wives policies.

Obama sure was great huh.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Michelle presented her true colors to me during the whole blue gift fiasco. It was rude and uncalled for and the tolerant left still cheered her on. The tweets were humilating and disgusting. All that talk about class went right out of the window on that day. Btw women like Melania are not interested in standing in the spotlight it's a cultural thing i guess. Michelle on the other hand always behaved like a attention whore. I like Melania and there is nothing wrong in being just a mother. Of course the other side just automatically assumes there is something wrong with her. Pathetic excuses for human beings all of them.

For example most germans don't even know the name of Merkels husband and nobody gives a f#ck. The german MSM doesn't care either. The obsession of the american press with Melania and the kids is troublesome at best.

Disclaimer: I never defamed Michelle and i do think the first lady and the children should be off limits.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What did Michelle do that burns your bum so bad? School lunches? Is that too flashy?

The one thing that comes to mind that all the First Ladies have in common are raising awareness for children, education, and health.

Hillary was a different beast and I don't remember what she was up to during the Bill Clinton era.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

To create actual federal mandates? I think she is in my living memory.

Nancy Reagan did just say no, but it had no force of law or regulation.

I don't recall what Barbara Bush's cause was.

Hillary Clinton tried to get universal health care passed as her "thing" so she was close, but she failed. Thankfully. Tennessee passed her bill in their state and it was quickly eating up over 1/3 of the annual state budget on it own.

Laura Bush advocated for literacy, but there were no policy mandates attached to her thing either.

And I would have had no problem with Michelle's thing except that she created policy mandates and *forced* her preferred diet on everyone rather than simply advocate like other first ladies traditionally do.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
One more thing on this because it needs to be said...

I'm an unrepentant conservative and partisan bomb-thrower, without a doubt. But there is a line that should NEVER be crossed when it comes to presidential families.

Time and time again I would CRINGE when I heard conservatives and others opposed to Obama refer to Mrs. Obama as "ape" and say other nasty things about her looks. Not cool.

During Obama's first term (much less so in his second), Mrs. Obama did insert herself into policy matters and the public debate more than her predecessor -- the notoriously demure Laura Bush. On those occasions, she made a choice to open herself up to criticism of her positions.

But that criticism should never revert to personal insults.

edit on 13-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Is she an ape? Of course not.

Did this hurt her feelings? What difference did it make?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh no, a mandate for better school lunch programs? OH THE HUMANITY!!! Was it even a mandate? I dunno, I couldn't care less. So what's the conspiracy here or are you just hating her for it because Democrat?

Do we all remember school lunches? They sucked and they'll continue to suck thanks to Trumps rollbacks or whatever.

Michelle, like the rest of them also was a big proponent for raising awareness for issues usually revolving around women, children, and health. Good on all of them for that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What did Michelle do that burns your bum so bad? School lunches? Is that too flashy?

No, she used the POTUS to enact her policies. That is an issue. Sorry mr lib, it is.

Hillary was a different beast and I don't remember what she was up to during the Bill Clinton era.

Convenient memory syndrome I see. Good to know when talking to you.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Oh no, a mandate for better school lunch programs? OH THE HUMANITY!!! Was it even a mandate? I dunno, I couldn't care less. So what's the conspiracy here or are you just hating her for it because Democrat?

Do we all remember school lunches? They sucked and they'll continue to suck thanks to Trumps rollbacks or whatever.

Michelle, like the rest of them also was a big proponent for raising awareness for issues usually revolving around women, children, and health. Good on all of them for that.

Considering the number of districts who ended up dropping her program and amount of food thrown out after the rules were adopted. I would say that "better" depends on whom you ask.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join