It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania VS Michelle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
First off, let me say that Melania and Michelle are very different women. Michelle is a driven political animal (in a good way) , and Melania seems like a softer and somehow maybe a kinder first lady and perhaps in way over her head.
I am glad to hear the first lady taking a stance on something other than a racial thing that is meant to divide the country, it was truly getting old.

Melania just seems like a nice women. This is a quote about opening the WH movie theater to tours and of course keep in mind she has been 1st lady for 100ish days, still many moons to make raise a stink.

"The White House belongs to the people of this country," she said. "I believe everyone who takes the time to visit and tour the White House should have as much access to its rich history and wonderful traditions as possible. It is my hope that our visitors truly enjoy the newest piece of the tour."
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Very divisive comment.

Very divisive comment.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
First off, let me say that Melania and Michelle are very different women. Michelle is a driven political animal (in a good way) , and Melania seems like a softer and somehow maybe a kinder first lady and perhaps in way over her head.
I am glad to hear the first lady taking a stance on something other than a racial thing that is meant to divide the country, it was truly getting old.

Melania just seems like a nice women. This is a quote about opening the WH movie theater to tours and of course keep in mind she has been 1st lady for 100ish days, still many moons to make raise a stink.

"The White House belongs to the people of this country," she said. "I believe everyone who takes the time to visit and tour the White House should have as much access to its rich history and wonderful traditions as possible. It is my hope that our visitors truly enjoy the newest piece of the tour."
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Comparing Melania and Michelle, are you kidding?
Comparing our first Lady with Obama is like comparing a rose garden to a cow pasture.
edit on V252017Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 13 May 2017 18:25:22 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh yes, two very different women. Melania doesn't live in the White House with her husband and clearly doesn't have any ambition to a typical First Lady, politically. She never signed up for this when she married Trump. How could she know this day would come? During his inauguration her face seemed to be painted with nothing but regret.

She seems sweet but I will assume we won't hear much from her during Trump's reign.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I don't think Obama is a cow paddy, I think she is 100% political and also looking to exploit the racial aspect of her situation.

I was glad to hear a pleasant none story from the first lady.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thank goodness. I was really growing tired of hearing how unfair the US was to a person who is one of a very few to enjoy the position her husband had won.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Michelle Obama is spoiled trash. She's made it clear that in her eyes the only time she likes the country is when her family is running it into the ground.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yeah that's the thing though, I don't think she enjoys at all. But be relieved, I don't think she will be political at all. That may change if she ever decides to move into the White House because I assume anyone living there surrounded by politics & politicians 24/7 will have it rub off on them.

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All I can say is that in 2009 or so, a friend of mine emailed me a link to a .pdf of Michelle Robinson's senior thesis written when she was at Princeton.

i read it and my mouth dropped open.

First of all, the woman is an unrepentant racist who as a college senior basically blamed all the woes of her "community" on White people. I'm talkin' pure vitriol here, folks...

Almost as bad, it read like it was written by a 9th grader. Hell, I had better language skills than that when I was in high school, and this is a Princeton senior we're talking about here...

She backed up my strong suspicion that she is a racist many times over the years. I'm sure most of you are familiar with her statements along the way.

Still, I have not made many comments about her -- none about the kids, because her husband was the president, she was along for the ride. She was much more subdued in Obama's second term. I have a theory about that (marriage issues), but for the most part, I was able to just ignore her.

Ed Klein has done some good investigative work on the Obama's and his books are well researched and sourced. The NY Times tried to pick Klein's work apart on a couple occasions and failed.

Bottom line -- I prefer the new First Lady to the last one. She's obviously not a scornful scowling racist and was proud of her country long before her husband was president.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

link please

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
the main difference is the amount of time Americans have called their first lady an ape this time around.
proving race is never a factor.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

I haven't read it but I wonder if it will paint her to be a scathing racist and poor writer as SBMcG claims.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

"Americans" calling her an ape? I have never called her that. I think there may be a racial aspect to the chip on her shoulder.

But she by no means is an ape.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

link please

Michelle Robinson: Princeton Thesis

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So long as she doesn't decide to fight obesity by morphing into the food police, who cares what Melania does.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Of course she isn't an ape but conservatives all over the internet love to call her a Gorilla and I do believe some GOP politicians have called her an ape as well.

When conservatives on the internet aren't calling her an ape they call her a tranny.

link   

With a title like Princeton-Educated blacks and the black community, makes you wonder if a certain subject may be for front in someone's mind.

link   

originally posted by: Swills
She seems sweet but I will assume we won't hear much from her during Trump's reign.

As should be, we should NEVER hear from a first lady like we did with Obama's wife. She stuck her nose in everything.

We don't elect a first lady, and they should never EVER have input.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Blanket statements rarely cover everyone.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thank you.

You are more than welcome.

Actually, I'm glad you asked. I haven't looked at it for years. It's still stunning to me that a paper like that was even accepted in that form (check out the sentence structure, punctuation, and vocab).

I went to a state university (U.of Hawaii at Manoa) and even there that paper would been rejected outright.
edit on 13-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join