It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad chants “OM” and crying baby goes to sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If you are a new parent who has still not figured out the best and quickest way to put your baby to sleep, this video may just come in handy. A dad's video of putting his baby girl to sleep is currently going insanely viral all over social media. In his short clip, San Diego dad Daniel Eisenman does something so simple yet incredible that his video has collected over 34 million views since being shared on Facebook on April 22.

I searched ATS and Google to no avail.

The child’s reaction is amazing to watch. If you have the opportunity, try this technique on your own children and let the rest of us know if it worked. It seems harmless and may help you regain some sanity.

The Cultural and Historical Roots of OM

The syllable OM is an ancient Sanskrit letter first found in the Vedas, originating between 1500 – 1200 BC. A collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns, they were sung in praise of the Divine. They were not written out at first, but were vibrated into existence using human speech. Teachings on the metaphysics of OM were later elaborated on in the Upanishads, ancient Indian mystical texts. Later, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali categorized the 8 Limbs of Yoga.

The sixth of these, Dharana, meaning concentration, described various methods of supporting the mind to achieve single-focused attention. Repeating a mantra, and especially this syllable OM, was an important aspect of accomplishing this sixth stage of yoga, or union with the Divine origins. Anne Dyer, sound yoga expert, in an interview with Rodney Yee, explains that Patanjali taught this: “Chant Om and you will attain your goal. If nothing else works, just chant Om.”

Coincidentally, “OM” or “AUM” are most associated with the 6th (brow point) and 7th (top of head) chakras in relation to the rest of the body. In my opinion, newborns and young children are more inclined to have a pure vessel and dwelling spirit, therefore more susceptible to the power of these syllables when used correctly.

I also found a similar video...

Any thoughts?

edit on 13-5-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
great idea, but just try that with my 9yo

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

So, all this time people were trying to achieve elevated states of consciousness, they were in fact putting themselves to sleep.

That'd be about right...

edit on 13/5/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A tricky one..

I can't watch vids currently, so I might be missing something. But, I think it might just be that its a calming sound. Might be entirely subjective, but I find typical humming to be relatively soothing. I'd be interested to see if he could get the same results with humming in general, avoiding "harsh" notes/sounds. I think its a pretty time tested form of soothing.

That said, my preferred method of OM is to make the first "OOOO" sound in my throat while simultaneously making the "MMMM" sound with my lips. Takes a bit of practice (did for me, once I decided to give it a go), but I always found this method to give interesting results.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ok that video is crazy adorable ...

But that is a newborn. Newborns sometimes just need to be distracted and they forget they were upset. (Depends on the nature or cause of the cry, obviously... wouldn't help for more than a minute with hunger cries for instance)

Any distracting sound could have yielded the same results. Hard to say. I doubt there is anything magical/mystical about "om" other than the distraction and comfort of a loving father's voice.

Thanks for posting, though... very sweet moment.

edit on 13-5-2017 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

If only this worked on autistic regressive lefty screechers.

Cool vid.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Must be Satanism.. Cuz good wholesome people embraced high frequencies, right. Lol

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I may try it with my 17 yr old.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Will this work an co-workers and bosses too?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

If you are a new parent who has still not figured out the best and quickest way to put your baby to sleep, this video may just come in handy. A dad's video of putting his baby girl to sleep is currently going insanely viral all over social media. In his short clip, San Diego dad Daniel Eisenman does something so simple yet incredible that his video has collected over 34 million views since being shared on Facebook on April 22.

I searched ATS and Google to no avail.

The child’s reaction is amazing to watch. If you have the opportunity, try this technique on your own children and let the rest of us know if it worked. It seems harmless and may help you regain some sanity.

The Cultural and Historical Roots of OM

The syllable OM is an ancient Sanskrit letter first found in the Vedas, originating between 1500 – 1200 BC. A collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns, they were sung in praise of the Divine. They were not written out at first, but were vibrated into existence using human speech. Teachings on the metaphysics of OM were later elaborated on in the Upanishads, ancient Indian mystical texts. Later, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali categorized the 8 Limbs of Yoga.

The sixth of these, Dharana, meaning concentration, described various methods of supporting the mind to achieve single-focused attention. Repeating a mantra, and especially this syllable OM, was an important aspect of accomplishing this sixth stage of yoga, or union with the Divine origins. Anne Dyer, sound yoga expert, in an interview with Rodney Yee, explains that Patanjali taught this: “Chant Om and you will attain your goal. If nothing else works, just chant Om.”

Coincidentally, “OM” or “AUM” are most associated with the 6th (brow point) and 7th (top of head) chakras in relation to the rest of the body. In my opinion, newborns and young children are more inclined to have a pure vessel and dwelling spirit, therefore more susceptible to the power of these syllables when used correctly.

I also found a similar video...

Any thoughts?

Definitely works, as does the "ssshhhh" sound. I did both with my youngest. It has more to do with the sound from inside the mom as it is a constant shushing sound. It is actually ingrained in all humans, hence why the most popular sound machines are those with fan sounds and white noise....the flow of blood and breath through a body are very similar.

top topics

join