It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chasing a UFO with a laser - Amazing results

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So I was filming the night sky nearby Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Suddenly a UFO showed up. I checked my satelite tracker system but there were no satelites in my area at that time. I checked my plane tracker, this also gave me negative. The object was showing some weird characteristics, so I decided to shine my little laser light on it. It gave some pretty cool results. Any ideas on what it could be? Are there drones that react to lasers?

edit on 13-5-2017 by SirBlackKnight because: wrong link

edit on 13/5/2017 by ArMaP because: video link corrected

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Video isn't working😊.
But I'm intrigued.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight
So I was filming the night sky nearby Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Suddenly a UFO showed up. I checked my satelite tracker system but there were no satelites in my area at that time. I checked my plane tracker, this also gave me negative. The object was showing some weird characteristics, so I decided to shine my little laser light on it. It gave some pretty cool results. Any ideas on what it could be? Are there drones that react to lasers?

It works now.
I hope you weren't giving a birdie a bad time. BTW, you didn't mention the fast flying object moving left to right at the 1.14 mark....and there are more near the end. I take this is infra-red.

edit on 13-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Here ya go...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Odd.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight

Link: www.youtube.com...

That's a great video -- much more intriguing than the majority posted here, but I think that was a waterfowl like a goose. Normally, migratory birds don't fly at night, but some species of geese do.

If I'm wrong and that's not a goose, IMHO that's a legit UFO.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It was NOT a goose

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I watched it a couple of times and you'll probably disagree, but it looks like a bird of some kind.

TBH though, it's impossible to tell because the video quality is shockingly bad.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You may want to check on the legality of shining lasers into the sky. In the US it is highly illegal.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just watched it again and that is almost certainly a goose. It flies like a goose, in a pattern like a goose, and there are a few seconds where it appears to be hovering like geese will do when they're checking out a landing zone or body of water.

Again, it's a great video, and if I'm wrong, that's a UFO without a doubt, but my bet is that if you consult a wildlife expert in your area they're going to tell you that it's a bigass goose.

PS: MY mother was born in Arnhem, BTW...
edit on 13-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Look, up in the sky. Its a bird...its..oh, yeah, its probably a bird.

Still, would be nice to think it could be something else..but its most likely just a bird.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That was my 1st thought at reading the headline. God forbid you mistake an airliner for a UFO and shoot the pilots in the eyes for 30 minutes, or worse a private plane without autopilot.
a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You may want to check on the legality of shining lasers into the sky. In the US it is highly illegal.

Come on Phage, instead of pointing out the incredibly dull and uninteresting legal implications of lasers why not comment on the actual footage?

They want to make masturbation illegal in Texas but I doubt people in the rest of the US will pay any attention.....

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Be careful.
www.9news.com.au...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Can you explain what you saw with the naked eye, looks like a bird or insect to me?

edit on 13-5-2017 by Charlyboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

Are you in Australia? I know of these incidents and there was another with a 23 year old doing the same thing. There are some UFO groups down there that advocate using lasers, some guy called Peter Maxwell Slattery uses them on his videos. These guys are crying that behaviour. God knows where they get them from as they are not sold legally in this country.

If you are firing lasers into the sky around cities and flight paths you should expect a thumping...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I watched it a couple of times and you'll probably disagree, but it looks like a bird of some kind.

TBH though, it's impossible to tell because the video quality is shockingly bad.
I wondered about bird and tried looking for any evidence of wings flapping and didn't see any, which doesn't necessarily rule out bird but it doesn't support it, especially since I've seen quite a few IR videos of birds where if you look carefully you can see wings flapping.

I noticed something else. The "ufo" is more of a fuzzy out of focus blob in the beginning of the video, and as the video progresses the "ufo" becomes more defined, more in focus, and less of an out-of-focus blob. Since the stars are well-defined one possible explanation for this is an insect starting out closer to the camera, and gradually moving away from the camera as it flies back and forth. The speed and size of insect wings and the lack of focus are such that they would be more difficult to capture than bird wings, and I didn't see anything about the flying pattern inconsistent with insect behavior, however that's just a guess. If it was a windy night I've seen plastic bags get picked up by the wind and hurled about a bit by wind currents before they settle back to the ground so to be honest I don't have any way to rule that out.

Whatever it is, I think there's evidence it starts out closer to the camera as it is more out of focus in the beginning.

originally posted by: BullwinkleKicksButt

Be careful.
www.9news.com.au...
Yes, I feel badly for the pilots that get lasers shined into their eyes, but at least that pilot was able to do something about it.

edit on 2017513 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
When I was a child there were some flying triangles darting around the sky near an air force base in Spokane, WA and my friends and I shone lights on them and one of them came and hovered above us.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I kind of a agree and disagree.

You do see some indications of possible flapping at the start of the video. In my opinion, anyway.

But I do agree it could be a bug instead of a bird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join