It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea launches a new unidentified missile as tensions with US fester

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Creating a situation where there is so called "acceptable" use of nuclear weapons ends the modern world. The domino effect. Nuking some country won't fix the world.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
really looks like this ransomware virus and NK testing these missiles. Disrupt people's access to funds and scare them with NK lobbing missiles. People will beg for the TPTB to help them save them and then my friend is the end,

Thanks for reminding me to read more about that ransomware virus. The MSM is hyping it up, but I'm not aware of anyone dying from it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Creating a situation where there is so called "acceptable" use of nuclear weapons ends the modern world. The domino effect. Nuking some country won't fix the world.

As "loco" as President Trump was during the campaign, even HE never said that "nuking" a country was an option, did he?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As "loco" as President Trump was during the campaign, even HE never said that "nuking" a country was an option, did he?

Trump has said quite a bit on the subject.

He says himself he wants to be unpredictable.

TRUMP: I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.

Link

edit on 14-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

From the perspective of our nuclear-capable enemies, is it better for the President to say that he's FLEXIBLE on the subject of using nuclear weapons, like Trump is doing?

Or is it better to say "YES.. I will use them"?

Or is it better to say, "No.. I won't use them."?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I prefer the response from Mattis when he is questioned on nuclear weapons use.

“We must continue with current nuclear modernization plans for all three legs of the triad, and for associated command and control systems,” Mattis said. “What we’re trying to do is set such a stance with our triad that these weapons must never be used.”

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I don't know what this "Triad" is that Mattis mentions, but he sounds like someone who knows that using those weapons equates to ending humanity.

Still...I'd feel more at ease if every nation destroyed their nukes. But where would you "dispose" of that many bombs?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Still...I'd feel more at ease if every nation destroyed their nukes. But where would you "dispose" of that many bombs?

Maybe have every nation with nuclear engineers meet up and have a brain storm on how to build a device that converts all the nuclear materials into a form of clean energy or close to clean that eventually depletes the current global stockpile.
But for planetary defense some may be required to be managed by a Super power...
edit on 5/14/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I don't know what this "Triad" is that Mattis mentions
Subs, missiles and bombs.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I don't know what this "Triad" is that Mattis mentions
Subs, missiles and bombs.

I wonder why submarines are a part of the TRIAD, but not Airplanes? Oh well..I've never understand government logic, and am getting too old to want to, LOL.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I wonder why submarines are a part of the TRIAD, but not Airplanes? Oh well..I've never understand government logic, and am getting too old to want to, LOL.

Land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), strategic bombers, and submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) for the Triad. So planes are part of it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What makes the difference here is the pre existing state-of-war.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Does North Korea have land attack cruise missiles?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

You think theres another country that has as much Freedom as the USA? Lets here it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

May 14, 2017

With yesterday's launch, North Korea is upping the ante..

""The communist dictatorship's official Korean Central News Agency said the Hwasong-12, launched early Sunday Korea time, was "capable of carrying a large-size heavy nuclear warhead."

North Korean propaganda must be considered with wariness, but if confirmed, the claim marks another big step forward in the country's escalating efforts to field a nuclear-tipped missile capable of reaching the U.S. mainland. Outside experts don't believe the North can do that yet, but each new test pushes them closer to the goal.

North Korea made three attempts last month to launch the KN-17, but failed each time. Officials believe North Korea aspires to use the missile to target ships.  

A U.S. official told Fox News the missile splashed down about 60 miles south of Russia’s Vladivostok region. 

Japanese officials said the missile flew for about 30 minutes, traveling about 500 miles and reaching an unusually high altitude of 1,240 miles.

The KN-15 can be launched with five minutes' notice from a concealed location — a concerning advancement by the communist regime for senior Pentagon officials.""

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

I thought there were high-level talks occurring with North Korea? That must have been a fake story.

That's really, really freaking high. Like five times higher than the ISS.

Minutemen have a flight altitude of 700 miles.

Statement from the Trump Administration (lots of Russia):

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

There are posters who think it is a fine option. At least they most likely get no vote on launches.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

If NK were testing a reentry warhead i dont find the hight to be odd. This proves that NK can controll a warhead in the vaccum of space and get it to enter the atmosphere again. And if it landed where NK ment for it to land it proves they can hit the targets they are aming for.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Trump has not attacked NK because he know's a war could potentially wreck our climate. Firmly believe also America Intelligence has got no clue how good NK missiles are, could they fire missiles from a submarine?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

What's odd about it is that it's a North Korean missile that went that high.

This has to be considered a wildly successful test for them.

ca.news.yahoo.com...tude meant it was launched at a high trajectory, which would limit the lateral distance traveled. But if it was fired at a standard trajectory, it would have a range of at least 4,000 km (2,500 miles), experts said. The test "represents a level of performance never before seen from a North Korean missile", John Schilling, an aerospace expert, said in an analysis on the U.S.-based 38 North website.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well the suggested talks between the US and N. Korea are off. Emergency meeting of the UN Security council on Tuesday, followed by punch and a war on Friday.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join