It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is white privilege?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You think that's red pills youre feeding?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: openminded2011

White privilege, like chicken teeth and rocking horse sh!t, doesn't actually exist in reality - it exists in the minds of those folks so butthurt because they lost the fight / race / war / cooking competition / other and have decided to vent their frustration towards the big bad whitey.

A hetrosexual single white male has the most privilege - apparently.

Considering that before the last 50 years, only white males inherited ANYTHING from their fore fathers labor..

No black person was handed down properly, or a business, or a trust fund..

While white male wealth has been in the same old money families for centuries some times..

Obviously the ramifications of that do not just go away in a generation or two..

How many black people will inherit money today?? 5% maybe.. while I bet that number is closer to 40% for whites.. maybe higher..

In a world where cash is king.. that is all that really matters..

I hear ya.. My ancestors were conquered by the Persian Empire. I'm still trying to get some oil money today... tough times we be livin

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

"White privilege" is an excuse for not having money, a job, success.

Marxist asshats use it.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Acting like you're in a classroom?

An insult to hardworking classrooms everywhere.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Here's a good example of white privilege:

"He would have to invent teeth!"

I think my post nails it pretty good.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This thread is a cesspool of moral dissonance.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

So a culture that has above par financial planning is privileged? Or just does things that make sense like investing in a 401k and not basketball shoes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am white too... and I don't feel privileged either, because I do understand that the freedoms of today are in place enough that the barriers between the financial divides can be overcome. But, I grew up in a poor area... and my minority friends did not and do not have some offered fairness' that are in place due to financial divide. Coming up, all of us poor people had a clear understanding that legacy of of families have determined our paths to that point... if we wanted to see the other side of it, it would be through work.

I wanted out... I left. I resided in Broward County, FL... some of the wealthiest conditions in the U.S.. Their general consensus? That poor people would be fine if they just got off their ass and got the work done. The concept that an attachment to family finances completely alters the realities they live. No different than feeling all rich people were enemies to us poor people.

What I learned? Legacy steered itself to the point that the divides of past create a complete unknowing fog to the cultures of the other side. All of my poor friends are from many races, but the stereotypes lead us to 'SEE' the racial differences. It happens from all sides, but I'd be foolish to ignore that the wealthy side of the debate is primarily caucasian.

How white privilege will have to answer to it? Well, when the influence of the 'Baby Boomers' has expired past its point of relevancy... the internet generations will bleed through legacy like a cancer, and break it down naturally. It will occur in forms of a governmental counter culture, the inability to withhold information as in times past, and sadly it will come from unrest.

In the end, it will result as a war between POOR vs. RICH, but the media will mask it as a war between WHITE VS. NON-WHITE. I'm poor and white... nothing needs to be asked to determine that I have my aims at the rich... not a person of color. I support the collapse of legacy fully.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Being taught how to spend money wisely and actually having money are both privileges. Yes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I think it's kind of sad that you feel that way.. but I understand why you do, and respect you for saying it.

Using the word "collapse" makes you an extremist though, and you should try and recognize why that would be so terrifying and dangerous. It cannot simply collapse. If there comes a point where I will have to choose sides between those trying to make it collapse and those resisting it's collapse I would fight with the resistance over some militant antifa insurgency everytime.

Because what would come after would be _javascript:icon('
')far worse than anything you could imagine. Look at Syria. Civils wars in the modern era are cataclysmic.

edit on 13-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
its the simple denial that there are any racial bias ever in policing, traffic stops, misdemeanor max sentences, jobs, promotions, airBnB, etc...

if you really want to see if there is a privilege, simply have a non-white friend, preferably black, apply for an airBnB house, and if he gets declined, you, a non-black person, apply for the same airBnB.

or go near your local 7-11, have a friend call 911 for a suspicious male. you stand on the left side of the 7-11 and have a black friend stand on the right side and record whom the police approach first.

then look up the word privilege again in the dictionary.

then go fill out any government forms, and try to see which race doesnt have a word prepending their race.

edit on 13-5-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
White privilege = an excuse for people not to bother succeed, particularly non-whites.

You can pare this down in so many ways. What about "white male privilege", or "fitter person privilege". I heard a feminist on the radio the other day celebrating that "white-middle-class-males" types being challenged by the intake into (UK) universities of "black-working-class-women", as if the former was the enemy of all good in the world.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

But anyhow, there was a fairly big thread about this a couple days ago. sort of done to death. Ultimately, there is inherent benefits in any society where you are the majority, be it white, asian, latino, black, etc. You can call that majority privilege I suppose...but in the west, no person has a legal better standing than another (well, women do in some areas, but thats a different topic)

Yes, it's the double standard as shown in that meme that gets me the most.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Fact is there are pillars of white privilege that have held this civilisation up for centuries.

They still exist.

We agree that trying to make these pillars collapse, is retrograde and pointlessly destructive.
But we need to solve racial inequalities somehow and I think a way to do that is instead of destroying pillars of white privilege we need to build pillars of black privilege, that also help keep this civilisation up.
edit on 13-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "White privilege".

That's just another canard thrown up by the loony Left as an excuse for the failure of anyone who isn't White.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, words are just uttered thought to me, so the fact that I am a lover and not a fighter falls a bit irrelevant to how my spirit and reflection analyze things. I watch things from a 3rd party perspective, because I seen my way out of poverty and am self sufficient. I am content with the reality that the lack of an attachment to a family legacy will be my path forward.

Seeing and living in and around both sides of the financial spectrums has only allowed for me to move my finances to poor sectors... I don't believe in militant efforts to other humans specifically. I am part of the future generations I speak of, as I have many years of work and career left in me... a generation that will obtain millionaire status and give it right back to the poor sector's youth. I am numb to millionaires that were given their wealth... it's how America operates. I have respect for the millionaire's that earned it themselves, and moved to give it all away to sources outside their offspring.

Conflict from myself or other adults is not needed. The youth are blind and deaf to the ways of the past... they are just waiting for the math to play out that the baby boomers won't naturally be around in 20 years time. Another 10 beyond that, and the future influence will take over to seat as the new law of averages.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Our White privilege is the right to be called "white privileged".

That is about the only thing I can see that makes any sense about white privilege. I think someone who doesn't understand what being a surf is made that up.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And ill be there to witness it with you, cos im guessing there's not more than 10 years between us.

If you had said a word other than collapse (which i was going to suggest), like "reformation"... then I would have had nothing to disagree with. Anarchy is really not where it's at.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

" At some point in time, one of these generations are going to have to answer to the lopsided affects of past decisions."

Ah the joys of the US Legacy, the Government balancing its social check book on the backs of a generation of white people hundreds of years after the fact. Truth be told, they've been trying to do that since 1964 with ever higher taxes on the white middle class to pay for stuff for the urban poor.

When is enough, enough? In truth, for the modern day SJW, there can never be enough.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I agree with that. I am quite often the user of words that are just 1st thought... debate can grow from the change of a word here and there.

Personally, I wish for the red and blue political regime to simply open up the platforms to more then 2 choices. The limit of 2 choices means that there is an ever building population of non participants. A 3rd party president will occur within a 20 to 30 time frame... undoubtedly. Whether legacy wants to allow progression to occur naturally, or whether the landscape is set up to put people against each other... I simply sit and wait for which of those 2 avenues is paved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join