It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Commission on ‘Election Integrity’ Will Lead to Massive Voter Suppression

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. I can't take random strangers off the street and make claims on them or have them collect benefits or have them treated by medical facilities simply based on my word.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Most lefties should have their right to vote taken away until they can understand something as simple as fascism.

OP, like many lefties, have no clue what fascism is. If you cannot use it correctly in a sentence, we don't need your votes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Most lefties should have their right to vote taken away until they can understand something as simple as fascism.

OP, like many lefties, have no clue what fascism is. If you cannot use it correctly in a sentence, we don't need your votes.

Sorry, they beat you to that idea already:

HuffPo Crazy:

So let this sink in for a minute... Huffpo decided the submission was acceptable to publish and went on to defend the piece and its “blindingly obvious” arguments.

Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of the biggest blows to the progressive cause in the past year have often been due to the votes of white men. If white men were not allowed to vote, it is unlikely that the United Kingdom would be leaving the European Union, it is unlikely that Donald Trump would now be the President of the United States, and it is unlikely that the Democratic Alliance would now be governing four of South Africa's biggest cities.

If white men no longer had the vote, the progressive cause would be strengthened. It would not be necessary to deny white men indefinitely – the denial of the vote to white men for 20 years (just less than a generation) would go some way to seeing a decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology in the world. The influence of reckless white males were one of the primary reasons that led to the Great Recession which began in 2008. This would also strike a blow against toxic white masculinity, one that is long needed.

The article went viral and drew widespread accusations of racism. But HuffPost South Africa's editor in chief defended the piece and its “blindingly obvious” arguments.

Until last week, when the article's author was revealed to be not a female philosophy student, but a man in a wig — a hoaxer who said he never expected HuffPost (formerly known as the Huffington Post) to publish his intentionally outrageous submission.

But since it did — and even defended the piece — South Africa's media regulator accused HuffPost of publishing hate speech last week, prompting its regional editor in chief to resign over what began as an elaborate gag.

edit on 13-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Early voting, keeping polls open late, absentee voting w/o valid reason and requiring no I.D. is all rife for abuse and the combination of the four is sure bet.

I.D. is a no brainer.

Early voting allows someone to go for instance from NY to FL and vote both states. Nobody promised convenience as a right. Early voting allows manipulation.

Absentee ballots should only be allowed those out of Country, Military, Nursing Home, Disabled (not ambulatory) and Hospital patients. The abuse of these is well founded.

Late voting for some reason seems prevalent in urban democrat districts, are they just privileged or is it attempting to gin up a result. Same goes for poll reporting.

Registration should be once every four years at the midterm point between presidential elections. That'd keep voter roles on the up and up.

Along with rights comes the responsibility to exercise it and if one can't obtain ID, make it to the poll on time, register or even show up at all - well that's not everyone else's fault that does those things repeatedly year after year without problem.

It's certainly not fascism - it's being an adult.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

An old person shut in at a nursing home who has everything taken care of for them?

How'd they get into the nursing home?
How'd they pay for the services?
How do they get medicine and treatment?

They have family do it.

Even in nursing homes you need ID. They are required to keep it on file along with who checked them in.

But they don't have to have it on their person. If they aren't going anywhere and they aren't managing their money and the medical care comes in or their family takes them to appointments, then they don't have to carry it with them or think much about it at all.

I'm not saying they don't have ID. Just saying they don't have to worry much about having to physically manage it. A lot of what they do can be done with someone else managing it for them.
edit on 13-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've said it once, I'll say it again... Voters should get a receipt with a unique I'd that they can check online to see if their vote was counted correctly.

After that, we just need to figure out how to stop all the fake votes from being counted.

There was a time when only property owners could vote. Wouldn't fly today, but if you think about it, that sort of makes sense.
Maybe once the banks all fail and people re claim their homes, we can work out a system that works for the people.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Correct, and one thing that Nursing Homes do is make sure the ID is kept up to date, We also make sure those that want to vote are registered. We also make sure that they can get out to vote or mail in votes. We also take them to GET ID's.

What we Do not do Is tell them who to vote for!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Tell him not me....

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I predicted this when Trump got elected in my predictions post that somehow disappeared. Anyways, the Republicans are going to try to take away the right to vote from as many Americans as possible to keep themselves in power while they strip away as much wealth and opportunity as possible from the rest of us. This commission is just a sham like everything else that Trump does. This guy Kobach blocked over 10% of people applying to vote in Kansas from being able to vote. That's a plenty big enough margin to throw almost any election if this is perpetuated nationwide. Fascism is truly here.

www.thenation.com...
You predicted??? I'm glad you were right...Just think, only American citizens will be able to vote...How novel is that???

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Just curious. How do you get documented cases without an investigation?

There have been many investigations at state level...none at the federal level of which I am aware...perhaps where there is smoke there is fire, but all I see (and apparently all any of the local investigations have found) is more hot air.

Trump won the electoral vote, he's a legitimate president. The popular vote doesn't matter...except to his e-peen. Over 100 days in and he's still running a campaign. Does that sound sane to you? All the issues that are pressing and he keeps going back to "Obama did" and "voter fraud."

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The republicans are not trying to take the right to vote away from American citizens. They are trying to prevent illegal aliens from voting

Republicans block citizens from voting every election. The article says 1 out of 7 new voters in Kansas were blocked from voting while there were only a handful of illegals found voting.

This is not for combating imaginary election fraud, it's to stop American citizens from being able to protect themselves from traitorous Republicans.

Yes, it says that. One out of seven "New" voters were blocked from voting. In other words, one out of seven new voter registrations were fraudulent or being used fraudulently, a handful of which were from illegal aliens. However, using the democrat criteria for determining who is illegal and who is not that makes perfect sense.

As I said about Texas (which applies to other states as well), there were taco trucks registering voters and teaching them how to vote without a state ID. Thanks to democrats, one of the acceptable forms of ID in Texas is "a copy of a utility bill". Not an original, just a copy. All an illegal alien has to do is show a copy of a utility bill with an address that matches the one he put on his registration and he is no longer considered "an illegal alien" as far as the voting process is concerned.

You have to try very very hard to believe illegal aliens are not voting in US elections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join