It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Commission on ‘Election Integrity’ Will Lead to Massive Voter Suppression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I predicted this when Trump got elected in my predictions post that somehow disappeared. Anyways, the Republicans are going to try to take away the right to vote from as many Americans as possible to keep themselves in power while they strip away as much wealth and opportunity as possible from the rest of us. This commission is just a sham like everything else that Trump does. This guy Kobach blocked over 10% of people applying to vote in Kansas from being able to vote. That's a plenty big enough margin to throw almost any election if this is perpetuated nationwide. Fascism is truly here.

www.thenation.com...

+24 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I hate to say it but this is typical misdirection.

The republicans are not trying to take the right to vote away from American citizens. They are trying to prevent illegal aliens from voting. Thats a big difference.

The biggest complaint from this legislation is that minorities are targeted. Yet no one can satisfactorily explain how minorities specifically have more difficulty getting a state ID than anyone else. There are a number of documents you can use as ID. None of them are easier or harder to acquire based on skin color.

In Texas street vendor taco trucks were registering voters and teaching them how to vote without an ID. The numbers stated in the article are only the ones that were detected as fake during the investigation. The ones not detected were counted as valid votes. You have to be a special kind of stupid to think illegal aliens are not voting in our elections. That, by definition, is foreign nationals interfering in the US election process. Something the democrats have been making a whole lot of noise about in the last few months. It seems they don't mind it so much if the people doing it vote democrat...

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Fascism is truly here

Old Glory should be a banned symbol like the Swastika and the FEMA camps should finally get used, rejoice for you only have yourselves to blame. Based on your OP, there are approximately 66 million Nazis in your midst, I hope you have got lots of ammo and guns n stuff, sh!ts about to get real.

Maybe next election everyone else on the planet gets to vote and the Americans can sit it out, you keep making full-retard choices.

You, you make your bed, now lie in it. 66 million Nazis. That's a lot of fascism, I'm surprised martial law has not been enacted already.

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Stopping illegals from voting is facism. Only a ctr. Left mind could do those mental gymnastics. Derp.

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Too bad because all the dead people and illegal aliens won't be able to cast ballots for their favorite democrats anymore....

It is of unending hilarity that Democrats never foresaw their Russia whining would lead to investigations which would see their monopoly on voter fraud dismantled…

All joking aside, the 2016 election makes me happy[in some new way] EVERY day and I finally see my beloved country returning to greatness…
So thank you democrats...we couldn't have done it without you!!

And, as always, let's remind everyone what actual voter suppression is...
Well, it's voter suppression to everyone not named Eric holder…

-Chris

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The republicans are not trying to take the right to vote away from American citizens. They are trying to prevent illegal aliens from voting

Republicans block citizens from voting every election. The article says 1 out of 7 new voters in Kansas were blocked from voting while there were only a handful of illegals found voting.

This is not for combating imaginary election fraud, it's to stop American citizens from being able to protect themselves from traitorous Republicans.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Fascism?....bullsh*t.
The right to vote in the USA by legal citizens the single most listed right in the Constitution.
You should absolutely have to prove who you are when you vote and that you are legally able to do so.
People that are here illegally should not be able to cast a vote for anything.

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If Trump's goal is voter suppression, he needs to study the Democratic Party primaries and their national convention. There are a lot of great tips for voter suppression there.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So it is going to suppress illegal votes? Yeah, total facsism... adherence to the rules of law can be nothing else

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The republicans are not trying to take the right to vote away from American citizens. They are trying to prevent illegal aliens from voting

Republicans block citizens from voting every election. The article says 1 out of 7 new voters in Kansas were blocked from voting while there were only a handful of illegals found voting.

This is not for combating imaginary election fraud, it's to stop American citizens from being able to protect themselves from traitorous Republicans.

Only American citizens are entitled to vote...so it seems common sense that only people who can show they are American citizens should feel entitled to this franchise.

If you want to vote, you need to prove you are entitled to vote. Easy.

If you want to drink alcohol, prove you are of age to do so.
If you want to drive, prove you have earned a license.
If you want to work, prove you have a Social Security Number (sorry, illegal aliens, fake cards don't count)

It's not voter suppression...it's voter registration.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

We’re at a very dangerous moment for democracy right now, when the core institutions of our democratic system have repeatedly been attacked by the president of the United States. The director of the FBI was fired; Trump is under FBI investigation; our elections were hacked by a foreign autocracy; judges have been denounced by name; the media is called fake news. And now votes are being suppressed.

# 1 So? Presidents have that power and it is NOT unConstitutional like the Liberal news keeps jabbering about.

# 2 Wrong. Fake news. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

# 3 Wrong. Again. More fake news to push the ever more desperate excuses from the Dems on why they lost.

# 5 Again, So?

# 6 Most of the liberal MSM , with CNN leading the charge, is doing anything they can to spin Trump in a bad light. Including, knowingly mis interpreting anything and everything Trump does.

No one is suppressing voters. Why is it such a problem to prove you're a citizen? Birth certificate and a driver's license. Big deal.

............waiting for the "it's racist" excuse.

edit on 13-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: I told you..it's Saturday. That's a reason. all by itself.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If someone is not a legal citizen, what right do they have to vote in our elections? Adults need an ID for damn near everything and I doubt anyone taking the time to vote has an issue with showing it to match against the written records at their polling place. Seems to me, the only ones against this common sense thing are the ones who want to exploit the current faulty system.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Get an ID, then go to vote. Make sure the person shows valid ID to vote. Here, a state ID is free. Illegal immigrants and dead grandparents cannot vote.

I actually know of a few people who voted twice, once for themselves in their district and once for one of their grandparents that didn't vote anymore. I have no idea if they voted republican or democrat, it was more of a defiance thing, they felt they were getting away with something. To these kind of people it is all about the deception, not about who they vote for sometimes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Election Integrity will result in all US citizens being databased so that 1 vote = 1 count and formal federally mandated Identification will be provided to all US citizens.

If you are not a US citizen you will not be able to vote. Only US citizens can vote in US elections.

Only US citizens can vote - no dead people, no sock-puppets, no non-existent people, only living US citizens.

Anyone who believes non-US citizens have a constitutional right to vote is on drugs and should be locked up for their own benefit and for that of society.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is not about illegals, no matter how many times you lie, I mean claim it is. It's about stopping democratic groups from voting which is what Republicans do every election, such as limiting early voting in democratic precincts.

Republicans are evil and traitors to America.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I know the standards here are pretty low, but writing an OP which basically states an opinion with no backup whatsoever, and then provides a link to the Nation, an extreme leftist propaganda outlet that itself spews cultral Marxist opinion with no factual evidence or flimsy factual evidence from which they extrapolate extreme outcomes to support their agenda, is a lot like spewing racial hate and quoting Stormfront as the basis for your claims.

I think you would find far more support for your views at the message boards for Salon, or Huffpost, or........the Nation, if they have any.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The article is explaining how in the pro active and zealous approach that Kris Kobach has taken to stop voter fraud and keep illegals from voting is damaging and causing a stir for minority voters, legal ones. Statistically speaking minorities will generally vote democrat, so the intentions are somewhat clear what Kobach is attempting to do.

The issue isn't getting illegals to not vote, but Kobach is pretty much being a little biased in favor of those who follow the alt-right, who are generally white.
edit on 13-5-2017 by strongfp because: Grammatical error.

link   

This is not about illegals, no matter how many times you lie, I mean claim it is. It's about stopping democratic groups from voting which is what Republicans do every election, such as limiting early voting in democratic precincts.

how? How would it be possible to stop democrats from voting? (I do mean the one's with a pulse)

+2 more 
link   

and you expect to have a conversation about US politics with an attitude like that? Collectively punish much?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

This committee is nothing but candy for his base. He's still trying to make Hillary's three million more votes go away even though he won. What's his problem?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join