It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey replacements: First four candidates to begin interviews to head FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
While the Democrats are spinning themselves into the ground, about the "Constitutional crisis" (um, what?) created by the firing of prima donna FBI head James Comey...they wanted him to resign, so how dare Trump fire him first...the search is on for a new Director.

The list of possible candidates is long and impressive - but one name jumps out at me as being the best of the best, by a long shot.

Here are a few of the candidates, according to the article:

Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher
acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe
Texas Senator John Cornyn
Judge Michael J. Garcia
former Congressional Representative Mike Rogers
former New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly
Congressional Representative Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
John Suthers, Mayor of Colorado Springs
Paul Abbate, Assistant FBI Director, in charge of the FBI Washington Field Office
J. Michael Luttig, Executive Vice President of Boeing (former Federal Appellate Court Judge)

And the next FBI Director is...

Ray Kelly looks like a strong candidate, but the one who is the top of the heap IMHO is Trey Gowdy.

Before his election to Congress, Gowdy was the solicitor (district attorney) for the state's Seventh Judicial Circuit, comprising Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties. From 1994 to 2000, he was a federal prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney for the District of South Carolina.

In 2014, Gowdy became chairman of a House Select Committee to investigate the 2012 Benghazi attack. He was nicknamed The Hillary Slayer by Rolling Stone for his hardline stance against Hillary Clinton's actions during the Benghazi case, and his critiques of Hillary Clinton's email server during the 2016 campaign.

Gowdy pressed for the prosecution of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign.

Trey Gowdy

I am sure that most of you have watched YouTube videos of Gowdy's many take downs during various hearings. This guy is smart, thorough, tough...fearless even...he would be the last guy on earth I would want coming after me.

Gowdy would whip the FBI into shape - and there would be no two-systems-of-justice under his watch.

Trump is nothing if not unpredictable, so who knows who will be given the nod, but I don't think America could go too far wrong if the Senator from South Carolina is given the post.

edit on 13-5-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I like Trey Gowdy a lot and think he would make a outstanding FBI Director.
He is like a pitbull at a mailman convention and he tells it like it is.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sounds like Growdy would be a good pick. I have not heard of the other ones but Growdy would probably not be wishwashy

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'd go for anyone called "Hillary Slayer".

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Gowdy is not the man for the job. While many think his conduct during the Comey hearings were tough and on-point, what he actually did was show us he is willing to politicize the interpretation of laws.

He knew Comey was right and he still made a big scene out of it.

Gowdy is garbage.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm for Gowdy, he will actually go after human trafficking and drug trafficking in a way that doesn't just prosecute the small timers. He will make mafia grovel and cower.

While the best option for dealing with drugs is legalization, Gowdy will be tons more effective than what's being done now, even if he isn't for legalization.

After all, drugs don't kill people, choices do. But human trafficking needs to be stopped, period.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You've posted that exact reply twice now, verbatim. Is it even your own words?

Tell us why you think that, or keep your silence. Gowdy has done nothing short of search for the truth. Some people just want to dislike everyone.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

You've posted that exact reply twice now, verbatim. Is it even your own words?

It is my own words. While I have made similar comments on the issue in other threads, the posts were not verbatim.

Tell us why you think that, or keep your silence.

I already have. You're complaining about it.

Gowdy has done nothing short of search for the truth.

If Gowdy was concerned about the truth he would have been honest about what Comey was saying in those hearings and he would have backed-up Comey's assertions.

Some people just want to dislike everyone.

Some people are dumb enough to fall for political theater and then claim the act was in search of the truth.

top topics

join