It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morse Code in "My Immortal"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK so I'm listening to "My Immortal" by Evanescence today (the album version, not the one they butchered for the radio), and at the end there is what really sounds like Morse Code... Of course I don't know the Code that well, and it's going so fast that it would take someone who was pretty good to catch what it says. I listened to it 5 times today and I really think it's Morse. My buddy said he thought it might be feedback, but there is definitely a pattern... Anyone else notice this? I have an mp3 I could zip up and email to anyone who might know Morse Code well enough to figure it out.

Maybe I drank too much coffee today... :w:

[edit on 2/3/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The beeps at the end aren't Morse Code.

www.netmusiccountdown.com...

Ah well...

It really does sound like it though.

[edit on 2/3/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yes I discovered the Morse code today in My immortal and I confirm, it's Morse Code. I will decode it tonight!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Hi there
Not sure how this works. I just googled 'My Immortal morse code' and this was the first site that came up. I am SO glad that someone else has heard the morse code on this song. I mentioned this to friends of mine and they said they did not hear it and even played versions back to me that had no morse code on them. However, I KNOW that I have heard morse code at the end of the song! Wierd. After my late fiance died in 1987 I used to hear faint morse code at times - something he always wanted to teach me a bit about but never did. When I heard this on My Immortal I thought I was going crazy!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i've heard it too. it really looks like morse code. that is interesting

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i am a morse code operator in the USN. its definitely morse code at the end of the song. I tried picking up some of the letters but its being transmitted at a speed of 22 gpms, which is really fast. not as fast as the russians transmittted, but still pretty damn fast. i caught a t and a w the first time, a few more w's and i think its repeating the same word over and over again.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yes this is Morse Code,
but is not transmitting in English ...
is being passed a piece of melody that is played that song in piano
similar to the technique demonstrated on this site
homepage.ntlworld.com...

but it was not by chance, after identifying and decoding the recombinations that were used for this transmission (32 x five-element codes, explaining the high frequency 150cpm)
find a great coincidence, the code being analyzed by One-to four-elements code exactly spell SOS in full:
"save our souls" repeatedly

Evanescence = nerd

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I heard the sound of morse code is related to a tragedy that occurred in the 90s where a submarine sank and few minutes before dying the operator sent a message to his wife saying I love you over and over, until he died, Evanescence buy the rights and decided to include in the song.

I searched the history of these events but can not find any news . If anyone knows more about that, please let me know.

[email protected]

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous ATS

I heard the sound of morse code is related to a tragedy that occurred in the 90s where a submarine sank and few minutes before dying the operator sent a message to his wife saying I love you over and over, until he died, Evanescence buy the rights and decided to include in the song.

I searched the history of these events but can not find any news . If anyone knows more about that, please let me know.

[email protected]

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
found : .. ... / - .... . .-. . / .- -. -.-- / .... --- .--. . ..--..
utters : is there any hope ?
refers to : incident USS S-4 / SS-109 - 17 December 1927

S-class submarine sunk by Coast Guard destroyer - loss of all hands

where the remaining few alive tapped on the pipes.. for the outside to hear..

en.wikipedia.org...

Stars and Stripes Poetry
--- .... / . .--. .... . -- . .-. .- .-.. / .-.. .. --. .... - / -....- / .-.. --- .-- .-.. -.-- / ..-. .- -.. .. -. --. / --- ..- - / .. - / -- .- -.- . ... / -. --- / ... . -. ... . / - --- / ... -.-. .-. . .- -- / -....- / -. --- / ... --- ..- -. -.. / ... --- / -.. . . .--. / - --- / -... .-. .. -. --. / ..- ... / -... .- -.-. -.- / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . / - .. -- . ... / .--. .- ... - / ... .. -. -.-. . / .... . .-. . / .- / -.. .- .-. -.- ... . -.-. .-. . - / .-.. .. -. . / - --- / .--. .-.. .- -.-. . / .- ... / -- --- -. ..- -- . -. - / - --- / ..-. .. -. -..

source 2: books.google.nl... =en&sa=X&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBWoVChMIyZPU7v3KyAIVxl0UCh1OhAya#v=onepage&q=submarine%20morse%20code%20story&f=false

edit on 17-10-2015 by herauthon because: found a new source

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: The Axeman

I hear the sound of: _ . _ _ _ _ . _ (dah dit dah dah dah dah dit dah) which would be "CQ" in Morse code. That's a common signal of HAM radio operators when they're simply looking for someone to chat with over the radio. "CQ" is short of r "seek you". It would make perfect sense with the lyrics of the song. She's longing for someone she missed. I seek you.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have been a HAM radio operator for years and we have to be really good with our morse code if we want to talk in bad weather. I can distinctly here: _ . _ _ _ _ . _ Or "dah dit dah dah, Dah dah dit dah or the letters CQ.

CQ (or "seek you) is well known globally as the call of a bored person looking for someone to talk to. Maybe in the wee hours of the night and morn. It is entirely fitting that they should have included this with this song. It's a beautiful longing cry for contact.

As to those who have noted the high speed it's coming in, yeah... It's REALLY fast. I've never heard anything that fast over the radio before. Which makes it even cooler to decode.

And now, dagnabbit, I have to look up that song again. Amy Lee is an angel.:cheers

PS - Damit... just listened. If you listen close, CQ is going throughout the song way in the background. Just YouTube it. You can hear it.
edit on 31-12-2018 by jonnygouda1 because: second look at my post

top topics

join