It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't sound like the civil war that so many people are worrying about.

Oh, there is the possibility of a civil war, and if one erupts it would likely be more devastating than the last one. But that possibility hinges on the Left becoming violent nationwide. If they had political power, that would be quite possible, but their political power is quickly dissipating (regardless of what some on here would have people believe).

The real concern is not the Left starting a civil war, but rather the Left antagonizing the people to respond. As long as the Left held power, that was a possibility. Even after the election, the beaurocratic establishment in the government remained primarily Leftist, but thankfully that is now being remedied.

The average American is peaceful, only wanting to live their lives in peace and security the way they choose. What you are seeing is not the average American. These are the extremists, desperately trying to hold on to something they have already lost. There will be disruption, but I believe at this moment it will be contained.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There was a narrative about the EC, there always is after the election. Every four years a whole new crop of people ignorant on our electoral process pops up.

The difference being this time the MSM was behind the narrative pushing it along.

I don't agree. Do you have examples?

The past 3 months of CNN.

www.cnn.com...

Hollywood is in the thick of it. Have you noticed all the subtle anti Trump propaganda in almost every show? I an give examples of that too.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There was a narrative about the EC, there always is after the election. Every four years a whole new crop of people ignorant on our electoral process pops up.

The difference being this time the MSM was behind the narrative pushing it along.

www.cnn.com...

Hollywood is in the thick of it. Have you noticed all the subtle anti Trump propaganda in almost every show? I an give examples of that too.

Just from the top of my head. Marvels Agents of Shield,Supergirl and Arrow. All three of them used the term alternative facts and fake news mutiple times during the new seasons. I enjoy the shows mind you but they really should keep anything political out of them.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

I don't see examples of your assertion. Protest is news, MSM isn't organizing protests, just covering them. Should they not? All the Trump digs on TV and movies? Free speech. Just about everyone to the left of Conservative, HATES Trump, HATES his policies and they have the right to express it.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I enjoy the shows mind you but they really should keep anything political out of them.

Why?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I don't think anyone refuses or refused to accept that Trump won. That's just broad brush painting a false narrative. The protests are only about resisting Trump and his administration.

See thats not acceptance now is it? Trump is an egotistical a hole but he is president.

So what if he's our President? Sit down and shut up? Take what he dishes out? No. We are supposed to hold our politicians accountable, that includes the President.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't sound like the civil war that so many people are worrying about.

It won't be a civil war. It will be a race war against the "useless eaters"!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't see examples of your assertion. Protest is news, MSM isn't organizing protests, just covering them. Should they not? All the Trump digs on TV and movies? Free speech. Just about everyone to the left of Conservative, HATES Trump, HATES his policies and they have the right to express it.

12 people in Maine is not national news.

You can say free speech all you want, it does nothing to diminish my point. It in fact bolsters it. They are free to push the narrative, and they are.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Let's make Daxam great again! (spoken by the evil slave master dictators)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

To be fair it's pretty big.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Is it big because it's big, or big because they pushed it to be big.

12 people in maine is not national news. CNN has a clear agenda.

They talked about assassinating Trump. On inauguration day when every other broadcast was showing the inauguration CNN was showing riots.

They have a clear agenda.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder what the title of Comey's book will be????

Maybe.....Screw the FBI..........I did it myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I enjoy the shows mind you but they really should keep anything political out of them.

Why?

Because it's all fiction and the shows operate on a different reality and the rules of the real world don't apply. Supergirl has a female president with a secret(no spoilers though) for instance. Arrow has vigilantes killing people and they don't have to answer to any law enforcement agency. Designated Survivor for example touches on a lot of politicial issues but they are not set in our reality. There is also the doubelstandard that when Hollywood used Obama as the president he was always a shining example of integrity and portrayed as the good guy. When they use Trump or hint it could be him he is always shown in a bad light. Do you think that's fair?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Let's make Daxam great again! (spoken by the evil slave master dictators)

Yeah that was pretty cringy. MAoS did the same thing in the alternate reality with Hydra. I hate writers who use their shows for political agendas.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

all this information on trump for years.....

and they continue to sit on it?

yeah ok
edit on 13-5-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Swills

I'm starting to think that just maybe, we are about to witness the actions of a true patriot, someone loyal to the Republic... not a person or a party.

AYFKM??? A true patriot? Loyal to the Republic? The guy was colluding with the DOJ in the whitewashing of the Clinton investigation and you're talking him up like he's Thomas Jefferson. A true patriot doesn't deceive their fellow countrymen and they sure as hell don't cover up crimes to benefit their "business associates". The guy has no credibility or integrity and has permanently damaged the FBI's reputation just like Hoover.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Same. I haven't watched any of them in weeks. I am going to remove them from my DVR.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I mean the letters were big.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Oh no. I blasphemed...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I did skip a bit in this thread so apologies if somebody has already made this point...

In a closed meeting the people involved could have the proper security clearances to talk about classified information. Comey rejected that.

In a public meeting he can answer questions by saying that the answer is classified.

See where this is going? I don't think anything that matters will come out of a public hearing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join