It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumpgate , has the President been secretly recording his meetings ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The parallels between Trump and Nixon have been circled for a while now but following The Donald's tweet from yesterday he has seemingly added a new one ... Tapes.
In what is being seen as a threat to ousted FBI James Comey the president tweeted...

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
twitter.com...

It seems the President has form for recording his meetings in his business life so the chances are he has carried this behavior on to his Presidency , it's the kind of thing you'd expect from a paranoid man who trusts on one and for me Trump fits that bill.

The suggestion that the president may be surreptitiously recording his meetings or telephone calls added a twist at the end of a week that roiled Washington. The president and his spokesman later refused to say whether he tapes his visitors, something Mr. Trump was suspected of doing when he was in business in New York.

Mr. Trump chose not to clarify when asked later in the day by Fox News if there were tapes of conversations. “That I can’t talk about. I won’t talk about it,” he said. “All I want is for Comey to be honest.”
www.nytimes.com...

Democrats on the House judiciary and oversight committees have now written to the White House requesting copies of any tapes should they exist , the White House hasn't said they don't exist so it remains to be seen where this story will go.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
presidents have been recording meetings going back more then half a century. i thought it was pretty common knowledge at this point that the entire whitehouse has been mic'd up for decades. many of the recordings are actually in presidential libraries for anyone to study. if youve ever seen the documentary "the fog of war" with robert mcnamara then u can hear many of the conversations held by people in the whitehouse while the whole cuban missile crisis was happening. they are kept for historical reasons so people can learn from events in the past.
edit on 13-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

presidents have been recording meetings going back more then half a century.

Citation ?
As far as I'm aware meeting and call are transcribed but not recorded , perhaps I'm wrong.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

heres an article that talks abit about it

white house recordings

and another
Presidential recording program

not to mention the fact that nixon deleted something like 17 mins of recordings and thats what really got him in hot water. so id ask u to question why the media is trying to ignore what has been public knowledge for a very long time and influence people to be outraged over it.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

heres an article that talks abit about it

white house recordings

Right on, TheScale. I posted that earlier for another Anti-Trumper to see. In D.C. it's 100% legal to record someone without letting them know. It is in most states.

Many people in the Whitehouse record conversations of visitors and phone calls. With new technology, it's easy. Here's one instance that got a liberal reporter all TRIGGERED.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Here is another source,
www.nixonlibrary.gov...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Not "TrumpGate". It's "TrumpSmart".

Perhaps a thread title adjustment is in order?
edit on 5/13/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Perhaps a thread title adjustment is in order?

I don't think so , Trumpgate has such a nice ring to it and could still turn out to be appropriate.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What did Trump know and when did he know it? ...And is he conspiring with the Russians too fake another Moon Landing?

edit on 13-5-2017 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I would think that the White House would record most of it's meetings just for liability purposes. I think that has been going on for a long time. To have evidence that someone actually agreed on a subject is good, it can clear up conflicts later on. I think most people would know they are being recorded in the white house. There are probably surveillance cameras everywhere. Hopefully not in the bathroom. Bill probably had them in the women's bathrooms.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I certainly hope he has. If we can get our hands on those recordings we'll be able to fast-track an impeachment and get this blowhard bonehead and his family the hell out of politics and back to regular corruption.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Makes sense to me.
Why would you want to question that procedure except to attempt to put it in a bad light?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I would hope Trump does. I have no problem with people recording their conversations. It keeps things honest when one (or preferably both) parties have proof of what was said in a meeting. It protects you personally, and it could protect your company/office.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I certainly hope he has. If we can get our hands on those recordings we'll be able to fast-track an impeachment and get this blowhard bonehead and his family the hell out of politics and back to regular corruption.

Ample evidence in this thread shows that it is indeed mic'ed up. With all the attention surrounding the potus, I'd think we would hear anything remotely sideways. Think about what you typed and what is actually real. Bias is clouding logic.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Meh...you guys just don't quit with this nonsense.
You Leftists should know a lot about corruption, with your love affairs for Obummer and Hillary and the debacle with Comey and Lynch
The Clinton's wrote the book on corruption. That's a fact.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I just typed this in reply to another 'the universe is binary' poster. Bears repeating here for this of you too dim-witted to get it:

The thing the you and yours fail to recognize --- because in your universe you are either Trump or a HRC loving Democrat --- is that there are a lot of us out here who are NOT Democrats, did not/do not support HRC, but are solidly anti-Trump. People in our camp view Trump based upon:

1. what he SAID he'd do v. what he has actually done/is doing

2. the hiring decisions he makes

3. the absolute lack of stability in government he has caused

4. his history of corrupt business practices

5. his penchant for self aggrandizement (narcissism) and disregard for facts

6. the damage he has done to our international posture

7. his behavior during the campaign

We believe you all were sold a bill of goods and are just too blind, ignorant or deluded to see it.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
He would be stupid not to record everything with the Left lying about and twisting everything he does. It is not paranoid when they are openly out to get someone.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Many people in the Whitehouse record conversations of visitors and phone calls. With new technology, it's easy. Here's one instance that got a liberal reporter all TRIGGERED. 

I'm sure that reporter was going insane over the injustice when the donald sterling tapes came out.

What kind of bastard would record their own conversations?

Barack Obama would never have done that...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Why would you want to question that procedure except to attempt to put it in a bad light?

Because his tweet seems to be a threat to Comey to keep his mouth shut , this being the man who was in charge of investigating the administration's possible links to a hostile power.

I don't need to try and put Trump in a bad light , he does it well enough himself.... Bigly.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Presidents fire FBI directors all the time.

It's part of their job.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join