It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Being Harvested for News Stories

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: Wookiep

There is no brainwashing. There is no mass manipulation. Too many people think like we do. Relax. Thats how trump won.

All the problems you see are simply main stream media having a hissy fit. Thats it.

While I appreciate your position here, it sounds like you do not want to deal with the issue head on, and instead distract by making this all seem totally normal. I have a big problem with people who constantly claim things are "totally normal" when they clearly aren't totally normal.

Move along. "These aren't the droids you are looking for".

Right.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Possibly, following just a few ATSers would make a viable research too. Look at George Webb now...way ahead of the curve.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Could we not argue that through its members, ATS has become a huge harvesting site of information, sharing works originally penned by others.

Its the way the internet appears to work these days.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Maybe she is an ATS member? I think she is is a pretty woman as well. But if she is getting info from the ATS community for her videos, she should be obligated to give credit where credit is due.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I watch many different news stations on TV and some of them mention social media's take on a subject (what the general population has to say) and I've also heard some of them mention what the conspiracy theorists have to say, so yes, they are monitoring sites such as this.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

When you put something on ATS as a thread or even as a short post, it will be looked at by someone for relevancy.

You must know that and accept that otherwise you may be causing yourself damage when you did not suspect your words or thoughts would/could go elsewhere and used in other forms or as you intended.

Rarely, however, will you be exactly credited with those words or thoughts as the thief wants the credit or the use of them without encumbrances.

As for your topic, it has a fairly limited word base for descriptive narrative so their choice of words, perhaps as your own, came from some prior work that they and you "borrowed" from. Not a big deal, but one to be expected in this day and age.
edit on 13-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If not then there are a bunch of people who seem to say the exact same things as what is said here.

The Aircraft Project forum is almost purposely cryptic. I have seen a few of my threads uh,.. echoed on other sites.

But it goes the other way too. And some press releases are also vague so only if you can connect the dots do you get what it really means.

I purposely don't care anymore but on the other hand I also don't disclose everything either. Being wrong also helps!

Thoughts are knowledge. Knowledge is power. Being first on the internet... only means something to your ego. Release your earthly desires!

Or hire a good lawyer.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Is ATS Being Harvested for News Stories

So what?

If the information you post is truthful, worthy, and something you truly believe in why not let the information spread.

As a society we need to get away from the, "I thought of it first mentality or it's mine! mine! mine!" this shows that we are self-centered and want to control things, including information.

If something you write on ATS is going to be constructive and helps people let it go viral.

BTW I get my ATS paycheck weekly for my content, have been for years now. /sarcasm
edit on 13-5-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I agree with you, but if the news people are stealing our intellectual property then I would like them to source it back to social media/conspiracy sites and not credit themselves with our brilliant ramblings.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Ima say yes. ATS has stories faster than the BBC. I see'nt it lol

You are correct, I come here first for news. Or news you don't hear about in the world, because the media only reports about politics. At least here you don't have to click the politics threads if you don't want too.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In general terms, sure. But, since WE get our discussion topics generally from elsewhere before we even post....I dont know how we would be.

Consider writing music. The minute I write a cool lyric or chord changes...Ill hear it on the radio...Ive heard once we release an idea out into the cosmos (which is prob where we got our "original idea from anyway")...it get picked up by others.

Universal consciousness call it if you will.
edit on 13-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree with you, but if the news people are stealing our intellectual property then I would like them to source it back to social media/conspiracy sites and not credit themselves with our brilliant ramblings.

Sorry, it's not your intellectual property anymore. You have been paid for it by others with Flags and stars.

Spend them wisely....

edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: Hi Cynthia...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

We've lost track of how many times something has been posted in the aviation forum that was posted somewhere else a few days later. It's more amusing than anything.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sorry, it's not your intellectual property anymore. You have been paid for it by others with Flags and stars.

Spend them wisely....

It was our intellectual originality then, doesn't matter semantics, the point I was making is that some of them are taking credit where credit is not due.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Spend them wisely....

It was our intellectual originality then, doesn't matter semantics, the point I was making is that some of them are taking credit where credit is not due.

Realistically, what can you do about it. Hire an attorney and sue them? Just because info is on a web page isn't proof that you own it.

As a screen writer, I always follow legal protocols to protect my work. Become a registered member of the WGA,
www.wga.org...

and protect your IP with these safegards....

www.forbes.com...

I also belong to a consortium of filmmakers and we have a mad dog attorney just waiting to sue the ***t out of anyone trying to steal our work. It's expensive, but what's the alternative?

Sorry about my semi snarky response earlier...hope this helps!!
edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Spend them wisely....

Realistically, what can you do about it. Hire an attorney and sue them? Just because info is on a web page isn't proof that you own it.

As a screen writer, I always follow legal protocols to protect my work. Become a registered member of the WGA,
www.wga.org...

www.forbes.com...

I also belong to a consortium of filmmakers and we have an attorney just waiting to sue the ***t out of anyone trying to steal our work. It's expensive, but what's the alternative?

Well, in my case, let them have it, but it must be nice to have a cushy job like that and not have to do any detective/critical thinking real work and have no qualms about taking all the credit.

If I was creating substantial original pieces such as plays or whatever, I certainly would protect my work.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Spend them wisely....

www.wga.org...

www.forbes.com...

I also belong to a consortium of filmmakers and we have an attorney just waiting to sue the ***t out of anyone trying to steal our work. It's expensive, but what's the alternative?

If I was creating substantial original pieces such as plays or whatever, I certainly would protect my work.

I would like to invite you to create some substantial work. The industry is crying for original content and you have the opportunity to make some serious money.

This is the software we use. Join us!!!

www.celtx.com...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agreed. It amused me more than anything. I'm not really concerned about any property rights. I was actually interested to see if anyone would read the OP and view the video to see if I was just a bit egotistic or if there was a correlation.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I agree on one level, as I would not do this myself. On the other hand, if the tried to give credit in this instance they would be crediting the HR person from Dunder Mifflin in Scranton, the electric city, PA.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just may do that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join