It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCA 7 tablet WiFi problems. Any experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So, I bought this tablet today as a birthday gift for myself. Spent most of the night trying to get the damn thing to work with the WiFi. Checked online for tips and eventually messed up our house Internet connection. The house connection is an easy fix if someone can remember their password. But these android devices apparently can get stuck in a "obtaining IP address" loop that I can't figure out how to fix. As I said, I've tried all the "easy" fixes I could find on the net. Nothing's worked. Any advice?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You should be able to turn the wifi on [on the tablet ] select your network, enter the password and that's it.
What other steps have you taken?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
So, I bought this tablet today as a birthday gift for myself. Spent most of the night trying to get the damn thing to work with the WiFi. Checked online for tips and eventually messed up our house Internet connection. The house connection is an easy fix if someone can remember their password. But these android devices apparently can get stuck in a "obtaining IP address" loop that I can't figure out how to fix. As I said, I've tried all the "easy" fixes I could find on the net. Nothing's worked. Any advice?

I agree with DAVID64 above...you should be able to open up settings>wifi> and see all connections(porb your neighbors too). Click your tablet serial number provided as ADD WIFI if you dont see it recognizing it....and you may have to enter your home's wifi address, ser. # and password. It should always connect automatically.

At home I have my homes pc/wifi>wifes Kindle and laptop and her phone, then my phone, laptop and tablet. All turn on automatically when in home outside/inside or at least in range.

Wherever I go and come home...its just picks the HOME Wifi without turning it on...on any device. You should have to put in the info I mentioned the 1st time...and after that...just turn tablet on...and it should automatically be on line from that point..

Good luck
edit on 12-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

I've found that some devices don't properly support all the channels, some dell laptops can't see past channel 8... but then you don't see the wifi network at all.

On the wifi router:

I would suggest trying to take the channel of the wifi network down to 4 or 6
then try with locked 20mhz or 40mhz bandwidth.

Set the security on the wifi router to wpa2 only and encryption to AES

Also check if the wifi router supports 2.4GHz AND 5GHz
If that's the case, try both spectrums.

If you have any other wifi networks you can actually connect to, like mobile hotspot or coffee shop, check if there are any software updates available for the tablet.

edit on 13-5-2017 by GreenGunther because: Hope this helps

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Unfortunately the family I'm staying with aren't tech savvy, and had a tech set everything up and don't remember passwords. From my end, I had all the correct password info entered, it connects to WiFi and then doesn't go any farther than "obtaining IP address." It sticks there for way to long, half hour or more. I'll try on a different WiFi connection later today. Pain in the butt because it's a 30 km drive.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join