It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Mom's In Heaven

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Beautiful thread
Warm wishes for all those missing their mothers this weekend. When we love someone it goes beyond when they pass. We never lose our love for them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

We do indeed! So many years and so many memories.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

So very true Hun! I had to make this thread, not only for myself, but for all those who have been through losses of their own. In that way, we feel connected and can feel free to honor our loved ones. Thank you! Lovely pic!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thank you I really appreciate this, while didn't reply to your thread last year as it's a hard time of year for to deal with this due to my loss.

I lost my mother when I was a teen and as the tragic circumstance it was, and her being young, we weren't prepared as a family. No one ever truly is anyway, and that sticks with you, the challenge is trying to make everything better when it seems hopeless. It's a forever challenge it seems but know they are with you just not physically.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's been 24 years since I lost my mom. More years than I had her in my life. Not a day goes by still that I don't think of her or something reminds me of her. I plan to spend this mother's day planting a flower garden just as she would have. Love you mom. *tears

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My dear friend, I hope you find strength and are surrounded with your happy memories as a suit of armor against any sadness that tries to creep in.

I was extremely fortunate to have had two mothers and although times got rough over the many years, I know now that everything that happened had to happen just the way it did. It prepared me (sort of) for my own challenge of motherhood. Neither one is with us anymore physically but, I feel their presence all around me, enveloping me when times are tough, protecting me still.

You remember that I cared for my mother right up until the bitter end. My birth mother was living across the country at the time she died but, I was with her by phone with my half brother every step of the way. They died a little over 3 months apart from each other. I selfishly felt like an orphan, like my place had been lost, I felt weak, terrified and breathless as like hanging over the edge of a cliff with no rigging, no harness, no safety net.

It helped me to think of their job here being done. It was time for them to rest. It was just time for them to move on in their journey. It was time to push me out of the nest and let me learn to fly, on my own. No rigging, no harness, no safety net.

I hope in raising my own daughters now that I can remember their words of wisdom and call upon them when needed, remember their patience and gain strength from it, engulfed in their unconditional/encompassing love and always give that and more to my children.

They were two of the most interesting, fearless, supportive, wise and loving individuals I have met and the world is a little less sunny without them in it however the sun's still shining albeit a little less brightly.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Kind thoughts your way.
I lost my dad and oldest brother a few years ago, then my best friend suddenly last year.
I know my poorly Mam will be next and I imagine I shall be broken for some time when it happens.
Kindest thoughts your way x

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's been 12 years now since my Mom passed. Today's her birthday too. My last grandmother passed away last year too. This'll be the first year I don't have anyone to celebrate mother's day for. Instead this year I helped make sure a good friend of mine could spend mother's day with her son.

Today's also officially two years at one of the best jobs I've ever had and I really believe my mom was looking out for me the day I got my job.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just too soon for me.
Sorry.
Gx

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Choke. Mommy.....

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It will be five years without my mom, on the 19th.

=(

(Happy Mother's Day, to my sweet mommy....I miss you every day!)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Night Star

I've never left your side, you've never walked alone,
A mother never leaves, her child on their own.
No matter what occurred, know this fact to be true,
In life or death, I'll always be, right here next to you.

Happy Mothers Day to all mothers...whether in flesh or spirit..they are always with us in our hearts.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That was just beautiful! I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you to lose your Mom so early. You're right, no one is ever truly prepared when that time comes, My Mom had turned 91 or 92 the month before she passed and even though, we knew her time here was limited, it is still shocking when we lose them. Loved the pic and poem you chose for your Mom and I'm sure she does too.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Lovely idea! Your Mom would love that! My Mother also loved gardening until she got too old and frail. I always added my own flowers out in the yard with her own for her to look at from her window. It is a wonderful tribute to your Mother Hun. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Chirp, that was so beautiful! The poem was beautiful too! Losing both your Mom's so close together like that must have been so difficult. Knowing what I know of you, I feel you must be an awesome Mom! Your light shines bright with love and compassion, wisdom, guidance and light.

I loved this: " I hope you find strength and are surrounded with your happy memories as a suit of armor against any sadness that tries to creep in." Thank you for being you!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I am so sorry for your losses and both in the last few years, how tragic! Yes, when your Mom passes, you will be broken, but your memories and love will carry you through. We must all remember that our loved ones would not want us to lose ourselves in deep sorrow and that they will always be a part of us.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Wishing your Mom a Happy Birthday in Heaven! I believe that when we leave our physical bodies, we go on to somewhere different, somewhere better. I'm sorry for your loss and for the loss of your Grandmother. I don't have anyone to celebrate either and I'm not a Mom myself. How wonderful that you have helped a friend to be able to spend time with her Son on Mother's Day!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Just too soon for me.
Sorry.
Gx

No need to be sorry my dear friend. The first year is the toughest for sure. She knows you love and think about her and is smiling down on you, proud as can be for the Son you turned out to be. HUGS!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Choke. Mommy.....

Mommy is still with you and sending all her love.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

We never forget, no matter how much time has passed. Hugs!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join