It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANSOMWARE: Why is not MICROSOFT working together with the nsa?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Now it looks that MICROSOFT condoles that the nsa uses vulnerabilities, that they (nsa) find in MICROSOFT software themselves, for hacking and cracking home computers of citizens around the world.

Of course there is no collaboration whatsoever between MICROSOFT and nsa, because of the macho culture in both companies, one does not wanna be the underdog of the other.

The RANSOMWARE however is build with MICROSOFT technology, and the day zero exploit was stolen by the criminal hackers from the nsa, the nsa is only a victim
just like those many hospitals and government institutions around the world. MICROSOFT should have prevented the RANSOMWARE earlier by not misusing their update system but using it for the benefit of mankind.

The nsa only works for the American people but MICROSOFT works for money only, the RANSOMWARE is also for the money, therefore I think that MICROSOFT is responsible for the RANSOMWARE

Snowden is right by saying: if nsa had privately disclosed the flaw used to attack hospitals when they *found* it, not when they lost it, this may not have happened.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Lets not blame Microsoft yet, at least until project scorpio releases to crush sony playstation.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lets not blame Microsoft yet, at least until project scorpio releases to crush sony playstation.

This could be a nice (pre) scenario for a sale out

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Which one those should fix it then ? I don't care what either did , I'd just to like know whats happened . Its sounds as if they ccreated a gaping hole together or so to speak . jumping to conclusions is how you can understand things sometimes , you carry on I'll speak for the witnesses

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No kidding: Snowden would be a good Chief of the nsa

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

Which one those should fix it then ? I don't care what either did , I'd just to like know whats happened . Its sounds as if they ccreated a gaping hole together or so to speak . jumping to conclusions is how you can understand things sometimes , you carry on I'll speak for the witnesses

Its said its already fixed with an windows update of a month ago, but the victims of the ransomware did not do proper maintenance on their systems. So indeed microsoft can and could fix it, but to late, update could have been 2 years ago already, so its said

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Linux offers more granular control over software and your OS, I can only assume that the growing need for Linux admins is due to the growing increase in security risk.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I believe they ARE and always have been....

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I believe they ARE and always have been....

we ARE they ;-)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There is no fix for this.

This is a massive problem and its going to get worse.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Because Russia and Trump.

Wait for it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Because Russia and Trump.

Wait for it.

Russia was hit bad.

The undertakers of this Hack have no country or flag, likely.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Business, if Microsoft were seen to be TOO close to or in cooperation with the NSA or any other intelligence service it would harm very badly there international market and in practice this would shrink Microsoft's international business extremely fast potentially even leading to the bankruptcy of the company.

Why?.

Because Microsoft provide software and expertise to many nation's and not all of those nations are on friendly term's with the US or it's intelligence services, even those that are do not want NSA or any other foreign intelligence agency to have back door unregulated access to there secret's and government files held on computers mostly still running Microsoft.

So they have to work to a strategy which helps to tackle ransom-ware and other forms of cyber terrorism without being seen to be in cahoot's with one anther TOO much, what goes on behind closed doors is another matter entirely.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They should be working with the Linux foundation, not Microsoft.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

Its said its already fixed with an windows update of a month ago, but the victims of the ransomware did not do proper maintenance on their systems. So indeed microsoft can and could fix it, but to late, update could have been 2 years ago already, so its said

I've got a Windows 10 system that auto-updates. The only problem is that the auto-update doesn't actually update correctly and leaves the screen black for several hours. As I have no ******* clue how Microsoft implements their update system, what KBxxxxxxxxx number of update actually causes the failure, and have no time to spend doing Microsoft's
work for them, it's easier to just rollback the update and disable all future updates.

I've gone through many of the other Windows support forums, and a good number of people are so fed up of Microsoft spyware/telemetry, auto-updates that they fear that an update might actually be downloading backdoors, that they disable auto-updating. Microsoft are partly to blame here. I spend an entire weekend trying to figure out why my system was sending 32K/minute of data to Microsoft servers. Turns out it was Nvidia's Geforce Experience with an application caused nvcontainer.exe that was sending this data stream.

Then the three-letter agencies go out looking for exploits and use them for their own purposes rather than inform Microsoft.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Because Microsoft provide software and expertise to many nation's and not all of those nations are on friendly term's with the US or it's intelligence services, even those that are do not want NSA or any other foreign intelligence agency to have back door unregulated access to there secret's and government files held on computers mostly still running Microsoft.

OK good point, and realistic, to my regret, could be the official and front politics of microsoft, but behind closed doors they do business all the time

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

I've gone through many of the other Windows support forums, and a good number of people are so fed up of Microsoft spyware/telemetry, auto-updates that they fear that an update might actually be downloading backdoors

I think I got a nice customized Windows 8.1 upgrade / update from the Windows Store, I mean specially customized for me (On my Windows LIVE ID [which contained my name by the way, but that would not be necessary]) did not work and did not look like Windows 8.1. How I know I did another computer that same day (other LIVE ID). First one all weird kind of problems, drove me crazy, I mean real crazy, got me hospitalized, I'm still crazy, second computer no problems

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This looks more and more like a test to me, a catalyst to something much bigger in the future...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Lets face it through our alphabet agencies such as the NSA kind of deserve to receive ransomware considering the belligerent nature of there activities, not just against foreign governments, but against its own citizenry.

Hospitals and other institutions there to provide much needed services and amenities on the other hand, not so much.

edit on 13-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Calm Down , PC Matic would have taken Care of that , and it's Made in America too !~

top topics

<<   2 >>

join