It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

don't know what to do with a ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok, I'm new. I was directed here by another reader. Thought I would pass this on to you all and see what is said.

To start, my husband and I are the type that does no believe in ghosts in any way shape or form. We have two small children (boy is 2 and girl is 3) and live in a 3 bedroom apt. We have been there for 5 months now.

For my birthday we got a kitten. He was 8 weeks old. We already had another cat, Elwood, and have had him for 5 years. They got along pretty well. 2 weeks after we got the kitten it passed away. We are not sure why, but one night it took very ill after refusing to eat for a day and a half, and died that evening in our bedroom.

We took it to the vet we bought it from and they were great about it. They not only gave us our money back, but also gave us a kitten from another litter. We brought that home and things were fine. That night my daughter (3) was calling for the kitten. We told her it wasn't visiting another place, and that she should play with the new kitten. The next day we started seeing a small cat go running at a very high speed out of the bathroom in our hallway down towards the master bedroom. Both of the cats we in our bedroom with the door closed so I got up to look. The doors were shut, and there was no cat in the hallway. We have seen this many times since. We also hear a noise in the bathroom before it comes running out. Our daughter has also taken to calling the kitten from the bathroom after she says she has seen it go in there. We have not told her about us seeing the dead kitten, nor that it has died or even come back from its "visit". Elwood, the older kitten, has also taken to howling and attacking unseen things in the living room. Our daughter also says, when asked how many cats we have, that we have three and will tell you exactly where each one is. the "dead kitten" is always in a different place. Usually, unless she sees something we have hidden get moved, she will always say it is in the same place.

Like I said, we have never believed any of this before. But now we don't know what to do, if anything. My husband has felt the kitten lay on his chest and neck, thinking it was the other kitten, but wake up to see what he feels is something he cannot see. And the other two cats are away for the night in the master bathroom.

Any ideas, suggestions, flames?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i had the same kind of exprience with a cat i had it was male and a pedegree and died of cancer it was a very sad exprience but afterwards i had the strange feeling that it was still around id hear purring and see nothing or feel heavyness with nothing being there.
In a way it was strange but in another it was comforting having its spirit still around i havent heard it recently but your cats spirit could probally still be around in your house.

As it sometimes take some time for the spirit to move on to the next life. You should tell your daughter that the kittens dead.. it might seem hard to do but its better then having her call around for a cat thats not there maybe have a funeral for it or something give it a proper buriel and maybe it will stop showing up. Just my opinion take it as you will ... peace

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If it really bothers your family you can look up a someone for ghost removal. It will be expencive and probably a scam artist anyway. If it were me I would not worry about it. A ghost cat can't be that bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A ghost cat; that sounds pretty cool actually...wouldn't know anything about getting rid of it but I'll tell you that medians and all that can tell you what is there, but they won't be able to get rid of it.

Example:

My gran's haunted house in Levin, New Zealand. (23 Braemar Street if u wanna know). Felt stuff, heard stuff, had magnetic readiers or something like that going off in the bedroom, yadda yadda, etc, anyway got 3 medians or spook people, whatever they're called in to see what they thought. One said it was a young Maori boy with a hat, two of them said an old Maori man, with a hat.

Go figure.

Had a priest come to get rid of this fellow, he went for only one or two nights then came back. They moved out a few years ago but the house is still there, and I suppose Mr.Ghost is still there too.

So yeah!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Sounds like great news - a pet that doesn't need feeding or cleaning up after!

Ghostly dogs and cats are reported from time to time. I've never heard of them causing harm.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
'SMUDGE" the whole apartment........a dried sage incense, burn it and smoke the whole place, then open the windows to allow the negative energies to escape.

Put salt in the corners on the floor and behind doors. Pray for the creatures soul to move on.........
Maybe this kitty eat some mouse poison in your house, or a mouse that HAD been poisoned???
Sounds like it was in NO way 'ready' to go.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't seem like it's doing any harm, and it will probably move on by itself eventually.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No sightings last night, but the older cat was attacking nothing again this morning.

We talked about it and decided to pray for it to go, and tell it it can go, but we are not going to tell our daughter. at three she just won't understand. When she sees something that is not alive (dead bug, things like that) she thinks it is sleeping. She is too young to comprehend death yet.

Not sure what all the sage and salt does. Is there a reason for me to do this? As for poisons, there are no poisons in this house. even all of my household cleaners are made with natural ingredients so that they cannot do harm if ingested. that is because we have a very inquisitive 2 and 3 year old.

Hiring someone to come out and "get rid of it" is a waste of money and time. But I do think it would be cool to get someone out to capture it on video or something.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I persoanlly don't agree with you not explaining death to your kid.....but then, I was 2 when my sister died in front of me. Sometimes kids learn things pretty quick.

And for a cat that haunts you, that's not a big deal, as long as no violence is going on bcause of it.

top topics

join