It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit School to Hold ‘Muslim Girls Only’ Prom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yep

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Although you reasoning is sound....Allah's is not.

Allah forbids it. Therefore it is forbidden. End of discussion.

Why do you not have hijab on your face in your Avatar? Infidel?

I am in America, hijab not a requirement...yet! Honestly, if I traveled to another country, or even attended a private function, I would follow protocol, even wear a Hajib. Honestly, I have attended private Hebrew functions and dressed appropriately and rolled my long hair so I could cover it with a scarf. I respect others personal beliefs but I also respect my freedoms as an American when I am in my own country.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What a wonderful thing to do for the girls but it belongs at the local mosque/muslim community center. I'm surprised their parents/muslim community doesn't already sponsor similar youth events. If they can't integrate with public school kids at public school functions they need to make private arrangements and fund it.

That isn't discrimination, that's just how it's always been for extremely religious kids in public school. I know it sucks but talk to all the Jehovah witness kids that had to go to another room/color stupid pictures while the rest of us ate cupcakes/celebrated birthdays. No one got all sappy or cared about their religious restrictions or need for fun.

I'll tell you what would be discrimination at public school and it just occurred to me. Since they wear the hijab and are so modest and all, I imagine they're exempt from showers after PE. OMG that alone should negate any chance of prom. Prom was reward for years of putting up with public school crap and especially those GD school showers/shower inspections.

Resistance was futile, we lined up naked, like cattle and got a check if we were wet. I know you guys love thinking about it but you have no idea.

Sorry no humiliating showers, no prom for you!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Lol...I had no idea!! What a grand experience! And deservedly so, your prize was prom WITH THE REST OF THE CATTLE.

Agreed - they dont deserve prom...besides it isnt "prom" if they dont get some awkward advance from a gangly boy past midnight.

They should rent out a venue, and the school should respectfully decline.

The solution has been confirmed - close the thread.

Thanks everyone for contributing!

edit on 4803x6748America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Teh children should respect their parents wishes. 1/2 measures like what the school is doing are silly.
edit on 12-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yep...thats where I am next door-Dearborn. Just an add here...the muslim/arabic women all go to an old FITNESS USA health club to swim. Its for women only...because they cant swim with men.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Why is Islam being given a special status above every other religion? Why does the left hate Christians but love Muslims? What is this fixation with an oppressive ideology that is fundamentally at odds with everything they have been fighting for?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

"Why is Islam being given a special status above every other religion?"

Same reason Christianity was favored and promoted as a method of control regarding the last good few centuries.

"Why does the left hate Christians but love Muslims?"

Because its apparently perceived as being politically correct to do so.

"What is this fixation with an oppressive ideology that is fundamentally at odds with everything they have been fighting for?"

Oppressive ideologies generally promote the construct of divide and conquer. These type of ideologies also disguise the real aims of the TBTB which amount to nothing less that the accumulation of absolute power and the rape and pillaging of any and all resources that are not already at there disposal.

In the end its not about religion really, its about money, hence follow said monies and find the real culprits responsible for the current geopolitically belligerent, religious intolerant, world in which we live.
edit on 13-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Religious freedom is a beautiful thing.

So is separation of CHURCH ( MUSLIM ) and STATE ( SCHOOL )

I also don't think Mormons should be able to have school-release for indoctrination classes.

Keep schools and religions separate. I don't think schools need to accommodate, respect, or otherwise acknowledge someones religion.

No one should go out of their way to spite a religion, but I don't think the government has a place in specifically representing one religion.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So you are not granting them their freedom to have fun? And you guys are the ones who said that liberals will go apesh!t if it was Christian kids.
SMFH

They would.

The media would too.

Protests would even ensue...all KINDS of rhetoric would be spewed at ALL COSTS to shame and crush the evil Christian only prom.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yeah, segregation used to be the big bad word for liberals so what happened?
What would happen if a student, say a white male Christian student wanted to buy a ticket for this fake "prom"? Can the school officials do anything to stop him? If so, on what grounds? Sounds like they're surfin' that slippery slope right back to Selma, Alabama.
edit on 5 13 2017 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Yes I do understand your perspective. You see this as school promoting Muslim religion and discriminating the girls.

You know what would give liberals some respect ?

A full on attack of repressive Islam...not the coddling of its victims.

Do what you did and do against Christianity...otherwise you look like herded sheep that are TOLD what you can do.

Liberals have hijabs of their own, it appears.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonalhow are they able to afford 2 proms at this school because just the other day they were crying because several Detroit elementary schools were in such a bad state that the kids could not even have p.e. because the gym flooring was buckled up and the classrooms were overcrowded and there wasn't enough textbooks for all the students but this high school also in Detroithttp: has enough money for two proms?www.cnn.com... yes i know this article from last year but now they talking about closing some of these schools because they so unsafe. also this is a so called religion/cult getting preferential treatment in violation of separation of church and state laws. now maybe if they were to take the extra prom money and use it to fix another school that might be ok.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This is a compromise.

This is a "small local arrangement" as they say in Quebec.
Next step will be "boys-free" classes?
Bars / cafes where women are forbidden (Sevran, in France)?
Next steps is for some religious people to ask that their kid be allowed in school with a knife (a sikh in Quebec), a woman to swear allegiance to the country not showing her face (Quebec again).
Also next steps will be "alcohol-free" zones (happened in London, but got cracked down). Use of sharia (happening in the UK for "local" justice").

I totally understand your point, we should help these girl have fun.
The problem is that the reason keeping these girls from having fun is their religion/parents forbidding them to go to a prom.
The problem here is not the prom, it is the interpretation of the religion by these people and their behaviour.

I unfortunartely do not have the solution to support these girls to enjoy their life and grow - otherwise I would be president.
But I know that creating an event just for them, especially forbidding anyone else, is definitely not the solution. This is actually creating more communotarism, more distance between the communities.
edit on 13/5/2017 by KarmaComa because: add French example.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Are there that many Muslims that it would warrant a school to take on additional costs for a separate prom? And is this being paid with public tax dollars? The article doesn't say if the school is public or private.

Also, is the purpose of the hijab to prevent wanton display of beauty to males or to prevent sexual enticement overall? I mean... theres gotta be a lesbian in the bunch.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If this "prom" was indeed a school function, why and where was the ACLU and the atheists? If this were a protestant prom the ACLU would be all over it.

I believe, the ACLU and Atheists are in fear of retribution. They seem to only show up at small towns and school systems with small budgets and nothing for lawsuits. The ACLU is afraid of becoming a smoking hole if they object! The same applies to the Atheists especially with large financial resources like the Muslim religion.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just wait until Islam takes over America.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

taserface!!!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Did they forget they are in AMERICA now? Also, way to keep people divided...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To be honest I doubt that many families will allow the girls to go to this anyway, these same parents would wish for less integration. The trouble is that I suspect many of the girls would look forward to this as a freedom they would not normally get and Mama and Poppa will most likely see it as 'too much' freedom.

Part of me thinks its a nice idea but the other part says that yet again there's special treatment for Islam and those in it that seek as few ties with others as possible. Over all, allowing people to be kept apart has never been good yet certain Islamics would rather it be that way.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join