It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit School to Hold ‘Muslim Girls Only’ Prom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are simply walling off a space like their religion demands where they can gather and have a celebration.

I think the girls would quite like to get away from the boys for a while

However, you can also find stories of what happens if there is an emergency like a fire at such places: firefighters and religious police are liable to force the girls to burn to death rather than allow their modesty to be compromised.

in Detroit ?

if you have an issue with human rights and the Muslim faith
your not the only one

but this celebration isn't a issue

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I completely understand. Now do you understand why they allow them a safe space to have fun? Your whole post just proved that point.

Because separate prom is equal prom ... just like separate schools were equal schools?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So what is your solution?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

In a religion and culture demands strict domination and control of women by men and strict segregation of the sexes at all times when not one's male relatives or spouse ...

You might be wrong on that count. For many girls, the promposal and date is a big part of prom.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

This brand of Muslim religion doesn't play games.

They have no "freedom to have fun". Their religion dictates that the fun that Western civilization consider normal is not allowed.

The school could be putting these young ladies at risk of horrible retribution for what you call their "right for fun".

"Girls just want to have fun" can get these girls killed.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So what is your solution?

What generally happens when any religious group demands school sponsored, religious based anything?

link   

So no fun for the girls? Is that what you are saying? They should stay at home?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This brand of Muslim religion doesn't play games.

They have no "freedom to have fun". Their religion dictates that the fun that Western civilization consider normal is not allowed.

The school could be putting these young ladies at risk of horrible retribution for what you call their "right for fun".

"Girls just want to have fun" can get these girls killed.

Sighs nobody is disagreeing with that. Your whole post still PROVES my point about those girls needing a safe space to have fun. Can you give me an evidence that those girls will be punished if they went to that prom?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The girls having fun is not the point of the thread. Do gooder school officials should steer clear of trying to walk the line of "fun" and severe punishment for these young ladies. It is none of the schools business.

If they can't go to prom, so be it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I admit I am biased. I never went to prom. My homeschooled daughters did not go to prom. Graduation is a celebration, prom is just an overpriced materialistic dance! I am amazed that so many don't see that by continuously allowing segregations of any kind, it sets our country coming together further back. It definitely is not a step forward and it is the complete opposite of a melting pot of united togetherness!

link   
Let me get this straight.....

Normal school Prom in USA is open to all.

However, their Islamic faith would not allow them to attend looking "normal".

....HOWEVER, because we want them to feel included and "normal", we will create a fake prom of ONLY girls so that they do not have to wear the Hijab outfit on and can let their hair down and uncover their faces.

How does this make sense?

That's not Prom. That's a Muslim girls slumber party.

The school has a prom. If they can't go, sorry. The fake prom is not a prom or even a resemblance to one.

This is a fine example of the "we all get a trophy for playing T-Ball" culture that exists in American. We are all winners!!!!
edit on 12-5-2017 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

If there is an evidence that they will be punished then you might have a point. Otherwise let them have fun. I would support Christians kids as well. No separation of church and state issue here.

link   

Yes stay home, if any parent says their kid can't go to prom-so be it. Or should we hand craft proms for all the odd beliefs from everyone?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Who the hell cares if it's "fake" prom? Jesus what is wrong with you people? Let the kids have freaking fun!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Satanic prom would ROCK!!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So you are not granting them their freedom to have fun? And you guys are the ones who said that liberals will go apesh!t if it was Christian kids.
SMFH

link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Satanic prom would ROCK!!!!

Amen!!!

link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Perfectly said.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well at least nobody will succumb to alcohol abuse on that night out.

Who cares if some school chooses to hold a Muslim only prom???

It's not like there are not other similar events that focus on Christianity.

Off the top of the hat, Easter and Christmas activities holidays and events spring to mind.
edit on 12-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No I am not saying they can't have fun. I am saying if they can't go to prom stay home.

Coddling every different life style, culture, and belief is silly. If you want to have a party go for it. The school is playing with fire on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join