It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flat earth?...say what

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Research flat earth for yourself.

And when you do so look into material produced by flat earthers, not bill nye and Neil degrass Tyson

Look at these channels:

Eric Dubay
Odd reality
Rob skiba
Potters clay
DITRH

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I just watched a video from a guy who claimed have a degree in mathematics and a Juris doctorate as well. He used a small globe and a toy airplane the size of North America, and showed how, if a plane was flying around a globe, it would have to keep pointing the nose down or it would fly off into space, so there's your proof.

Well, yeah, if the plane is 1/7 the size of the earth, I could see that. He then yelled at the audience and said, "DO NOT MOCK ME, I AM NOT A FOOL". Alrighty then. Sorry, but you're a crappy lawyer and an even worse debater.

I love how they don't say what shape the Earth is, then. Every planet and star we see is ROUND, yet here we are on some amorphous frisbee in space. Oh brother.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

But, but, but all the NASA stuff is a hoax. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If the Earth were really flat, the cats would have pushed everything off it by now.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Or my wife would have got stuck in the ditch at the end of the flat earth.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What about the jet stream and the flat earth.

Or the figure eight path of the sun over the year? I guess it's called the analemma?

www.analemma.com...

Have you ever seen this figure-8 on a globe and wondered what it is? It is simply this: if you could record the position of the sun in the sky at the same time every day, let’s say sometime around noon and subtracting one hour if you are observing daylight saving time, you would notice that the sun takes a rather strange path. You might notice that at certain times throughout the year the sun's position not only varies higher and lower (North and South) as you would expect with the change of the seasons, but also slightly east and west. This figure-8 path that the sun makes in the sky is called the analemma. On some days you might notice that the sun is not in the sky where, according to the time on your watch, you would expect it to be.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes..the flat earth theory...thats a tricky one. There were some scientist who used some of their time and braincells to debunk it with a scientific experiment but did not come any further than to say that the conclusion is the earth not being a sphere. That is remarkable.. Take a look on youtube for the Michelson-Morley and Bedfort Level experiment... There are a few more of such experiments.. I think it is harder to prove the Earth is round than it is flat.

I do not say I am a flatearther but what I do know is that it is very hard to say goodbye to something you have known and been familiar to from when you were a baby. There are all kinds of psychological mechanisms playing a part for you to hold on to the familiar round planet we live on.

But when you dig deeper and deeper you notice that something shady is going on with organisations dealing with the roundness of our planet. Maybe you will find the south pole adventures of admiral Bird also interesting in connection with what the south pole actual can be.

Good luck with your journey, Zat

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Did you see the thing about the jet stream and the figure eight path of the sun over the year? Or other points brought up in this thread?

Just going to ignore all the valid evidence so your pet YouTube videos can get viewed? I can find people on YouTube that claim nuclear weapons are a hoax.

It is not hard to prove the earth is a sphere!
edit on 13-5-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Use a little logic.

Where does the sun go at night? If the earth was endless going straight down, how does the sun reset for sunrise? How would the sun make a complete evaluation if the earth stretched endlessly straight down? Pure logic dictates the earth is at least a cube...... or at least has an opposite surface....

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy, on a very clear day if you climbed up to the mast, you could see LARGE ships slowly rise out of the ocean as they came closer to you. This is because of curvature. I saw it with my own eyes a few times. I believe that the distance was 7 miles? Or was it 14 - I forget.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join