It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neuroscientists Discover a Song That Reduces Anxiety By 65 Percent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
glad to see modern science catching up to the Bible

I'm not sure I know what you mean here...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

That's pretty funny, I have used Audacity to do the same thing. Great minds think alike

I'm to poor to have a fancy DAW audacity might not be the best audio editor but it's free.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: SolAquarius

I bet it's not in the genre of heavy metal?

Nope ambient is about as far away as you can get from metal.

What about ambient metal? There is some good instrumental stuff out there. Makes me think of sunshine and trees!
edit on 5/13/2017 by Tundra because: The metal

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

What about ambient metal? There is some good instrumental stuff out there. Makes me think of sunshine and trees!

Heck yeah there is.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Drum & Bass is life.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I saw a study from a UK university showing how more intelligent people prefered a more complex drum pattern and less intelligent people a simple one.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Wow! That's Scales Tarn up Blencathra in that video!! It's about 30 miles from me here in Cumbria, I often wander up there when I want to relax and chill out.

I think I'll stick this song on my list and listen to it next time I'm up there (probably next weekend)

Cheers for that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I saw a study from a UK university showing how more intelligent people prefered a more complex drum pattern and less intelligent people a simple one.

interesting I like me some of this does that mean I'm no dumb dumb.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ditto... it honestly gave me a feeling of impending doom. I went into it thinking "oh good, I could use this" but then had to shut it down after less than a minute.

(Maybe my subconscious is just being contrarian for funsies.)

We are all wired a little differently, I guess, even though we share many similarities.

Yep..I made it to 1 min 28 secs and that was it...it was doing my head in lol

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

ChilledCow runs a live stream mix of chilled tracks. Been running for 24/7 weeks. Hit play and get on with the cooking or studying or relaxing. CHILLHOP have a 4mnth mix gets 3-6000 viewers every day.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not bad sounding despite what it does lowing anxiety, I prefer more of a dark ambient or even psybient version of ambience.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Don't forget Ambient Black Metal.
Also, It's possible Dark Ambient could fall under metal, sub genre wise, depending on who categorizing the genres.

edit on 13-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Psychill and psytrance can be seen as brainwave entrainment. It's because of the four semi-beats during one drum tempo.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think it must be relative to the listener, I feel pretty chilled after an hour of Machinehead at volume 11 as I do from an hour of the Orb , oh those fluffy little clouds

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

originally posted by: VegHead
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ditto... it honestly gave me a feeling of impending doom. I went into it thinking "oh good, I could use this" but then had to shut it down after less than a minute.

(Maybe my subconscious is just being contrarian for funsies.)

We are all wired a little differently, I guess, even though we share many similarities.

Yep..I made it to 1 min 28 secs and that was it...it was doing my head in lol

Think that makes 5 of us so far with the same response.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: ElGoobero
glad to see modern science catching up to the Bible

I'm not sure I know what you mean here...

I am thinking they mean that the bible talks of gods love of music and singing and the sound of the harp and lyre and flute which is soothing music, it talks about how good it is for the heart and soul.

Scriptures like this

1 Samuel 16:23 ESVl

And whenever the harmful spirit from God was upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand. So Saul was refreshed and was well, and the harmful spirit departed from him.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Don't forget Ambient Black Metal.
Also, It's possible Dark Ambient could fall under metal, sub genre wise, depending on who categorizing the genres.

Soothing spirit lifting!

And all the under-appreciated out there!

edit on 13-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Do I get nerd points for spotting that they're using quadcopter drones in the first video?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Do I get nerd points for spotting that they're using quadcopter drones in the first video?

Yeah I saw that but it seems like they are using some sort of delay effect to make it appear if there are several quad copters.
I just can't see them having so many quad copters those things are not cheap.

Also the more I see quad copters like this the more I realize how much easier it is to fake ufo sightings.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Relaxing music, nice to put on as background in the living room or even to get you to sleep. Might give it a try when feeling somewhat anxious, who knows it does the trick.
For me the best so far that relaxes me is pure classical piano or classical guitar music.
Also the music from groups like Mogwai, A Silver Mnt Zion, Explosions in the sky and such (postrock).
The reason I prefer such types of music is they contain a lot of emotions and that is something I miss in ambient music.
Off course many would not agree, it's music after all and we all have different tastes and moods.

Still nice song, thanks Sol!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join