It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neuroscientists Discover a Song That Reduces Anxiety By 65 Percent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Researchers at Mindlab International in the U.K. wanted to know what kind of music induces the greatest state of relaxation. The study involved having participants try to solve difficult puzzles — which inherently triggered a certain degree of stress — while connected to sensors. At the same time, participants listened to a range of songs as researchers measured their brain activity, heart rate, blood pressure and rate of breathing. What they found is that one song — “Weightless” — resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants’ overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates.

Thinking Humanity

With the amount of stress going on here on ATS maybe we all need to give this a listen. I certainly enjoy ambient music so I enjoy the composition. What do other members of ATS say do you see any reduction in stress after giving a listen?

Short Version.

Long Version.

Cool...tagging for future and every day listening.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No doubt.

For this kind of music, a whole wide universe of it, the best radio on the web:
www.psychedelik.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ditto... it honestly gave me a feeling of impending doom. I went into it thinking "oh good, I could use this" but then had to shut it down after less than a minute.

(Maybe my subconscious is just being contrarian for funsies.)

We are all wired a little differently, I guess, even though we share many similarities.

edit on 12-5-2017 by VegHead because: typo... because of IMPENDING DOOOOM!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: SolAquarius

Well clearly something wrong with me. These sounds cause me to tense up and I can't continue to listen it actually causes discomfort!

Exactly. Very irritating, I've still got it on after five minutes waiting to unlax and all I want to do is punch my dog and throw the dog's buddy toy through the window.

You want to relax? Take a bubblebath (or two).

edit on 12-5-2017 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
No doubt.

For this kind of music, a whole wide universe of it, the best radio on the web:
www.psychedelik.com...

Dude thanks for the link I'm gonna have to give a listen.
After I go to my stressful job which I'm about to go to.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
This reminds me of the music put out by the Monroe Institute called hemi-sync. They are meditation focused and created using brain-wave frequency undertones which claim to synchronize the brain. I bought a few many years ago and they did work great for meditation.

An interesting side note that many on ATS will recognize. The Monroe Institute was founded by Robert Monroe, a key person in the world of out-of-body experiences and a member of the CIA's Stargate remote viewing program.

I know what your talking about I loved Monroe's books and have lisstned to some hemisync stuff.

I myself I have created binaural beats it's pretty easy if you have an audio program like audacity and you can create any frequency you desire.
edit on 12-5-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: bluesjr
This reminds me of the music put out by the Monroe Institute called hemi-sync. They are meditation focused and created using brain-wave frequency undertones which claim to synchronize the brain. I bought a few many years ago and they did work great for meditation.

An interesting side note that many on ATS will recognize. The Monroe Institute was founded by Robert Monroe, a key person in the world of out-of-body experiences and a member of the CIA's Stargate remote viewing program.

I know what your talking about I loved Monroe's books and have lisstned to some hemisync stuff.

I myself I have created binaural beats it's pretty easy if you have an audio program like audacity and you can create any frequency you desire.

That's pretty funny, I have used Audacity to do the same thing. Great minds think alike

I use Sonar for serious stuff but love what Audacity does for a free tool.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Experiencing one of my phantom headaches right now. Was hoping this would help. It didn't.

I tried the offers from JohnnyCanuck and iWontGiveUP, they didn't work either.

I wonder if being female, up their in age, and kinda pissed off with the company that manages my retirement account, has anything to do with it.

edit on 12-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I've got rid of my headaches almost completely by recognizing them as everyday caffeine withdrawals. To have a stable dose you need to know the half-time of caffeine - cca 6 hours.
Caffeine and anger. Even anger waiting for me without my full knowledge is predicted by a headache or the sense of incomming headache. Which is kinda disturbing.
Try some B-Complex and Ginger and come back here to tell me. I'll wait.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That is nice and relaxing. Thank you.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Very good, Thank you.
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The OP's music video didn't do anything for me either,..strange how we are all affected by music in so many different ways.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is so so so so relaxing. I've LOVED music like this for decades now and even compose my own via FL Studio 10. It's so fun to create, but listening is amazing. I'm grateful I can create as well as listen. Some day i'll get the courage to upload my music. People who ive let listen to me (either on keyboard ((aka synthesizer)) or on my computer all say I could be the next Enya meets Steve Roach meets Lustmord meets Steve Halpern meets, meets, meets, meets.

I also do music that could fit well into many video games from survival horror to post apoc to Elder Scroll type games.

Wish I had a degree so I could actually GET my music out to games. Anyway, those thoughts are messing with my zen from this music op posted. I went right to the long version, saw it is 30 minutes and was glad.

I love songs that play for hours and hours. Great to sleep to. Nothing like ambient drones or dark ambient drones to sleep to.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
I don't do caffeine. I drink ginger tea daily, sometimes several times a day. I eat fresh ginger regularly. I eat fresh vegetables, most of the time straight from my garden. I avoid all drugs and eat very little meat.

My headaches are pathological but I have been winning the battle so far since 1998. Mostly due to the love and support of those that I love and love me, even if it isn't the romantic kind.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
1 enjoyed

Overlapping / overwriting stressful brain waves with pleasant and peaceful ELF like waves...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I like electronic music....but found this a bit to loud and crescendo-ish for my tastes.

If you want a nice calming song......go to a rock and roll group.!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
ambient music is the kind of music that lets me relax the best, but if I need some extra boost, i's either metal or punk rock!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The opening to Pink Floyd's "Breathe" is remarkably similar...

edit on 5/12/2017 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

This is the most annoying discordant noise that has been inflicted on me in years. This must be the music they use for turning normal people into mass murderers.
edit on 5/12/2017 by pteridine because: grammar

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
nice video too

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

This is the most annoying discordant noise that has been inflicted on me in years. This must be the music they use for turning normal people into mass murderers.

Interesting your description seems much more fitting for a group like Merzbow.

edit on 13-5-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join