It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Astonishing...all these members that say they will hold Trump accountable, but they never do. Only continue with the obfuscation, support, rationalization , and snarky insults.

But Obama....

But Hillary....

There is nothing astonishing about it...

Hypocrisy and resentment are now the pillars of the Republican Party.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Perhaps you could return the favor?

With your profound skepticism of the news, I am curious as to what was the origin of that particular "alternative fact" that you now understand was the precise opposite of a fact?

I'll try, and thank you for the compliment. I am indeed skeptical... probably too skeptical at times.

I honestly cannot recall where I heard that Trump was the first to use daily press briefings. I know I have heard it several times, and had not seen any evidence to the contrary, despite looking, until you posted your link. I do now watch Fox News (I switched from CNN during the election due to overly biased coverage), but I also visit quite a few sites online (from all sides of the political spectrum) and watch NBC on local TV quite regularly.

I suspect the lie came from Fox News... honestly wouldn't be the first time they got something wrong... but I simply cannot be sure. I know that I was personally unaware of daily press briefings before Trump got elected.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Perhaps you could return the favor?

With your profound skepticism of the news, I am curious as to what was the origin of that particular "alternative fact" that you now understand was the precise opposite of a fact?

I'll try, and thank you for the compliment. I am indeed skeptical... probably too skeptical at times.

I honestly cannot recall where I heard that Trump was the first to use daily press briefings.

Thanks..

I am mildly curious how people that shout the loudest about Fake News end up being the ones spreading the most disinformation.

For example, Politco has an article about Turmp today

How Trump gets his fake news

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus issued a stern warning at a recent senior staff meeting: Quit trying to secretly slip stuff to President Donald Trump.

Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers. One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age; the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that’s circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.

The episode illustrates the impossible mission of managing a White House led by an impetuous president who has resisted structure and strictures his entire adult life.

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I am mildly curious how people that shout the loudest about Fake News end up being the ones spreading the most disinformation.

It seems to be both sides spreading it... and to be honest, I kind of expect a certain amount. CNN just went too far over the top for me after the election.

Re Fox News: back when they started (don't remember the year), I was a big fan. CNN at the time had gone over the top with their bias, and of course MSNBC might as well just rework their logo to include a donkey in it. Fox News was a breath of fresh air. Then as time went on, Fox became overly biased and CNN appeared more centrist so I switched back.

Now I'm back to Fox News. CNN went over the top with their bias again.

The truth is never... never... on a single network. They all have bias. Looking back, it seems most of our disagreements have been over your inability to accept that. I'll accept that Fox is biased. Of course they are! But no more, and in my opinion less at this time, than the other networks.

For example, Politco has an article about Turmp today

I don't know if Time ever put it on a cover, but in, I believe, the late 70s there was a 'general consensus' among scientists presented to the public that the planet was entering another Ice Age, attributable to the hole in the ozone layer being destroyed by R-12 refrigerant. I poo-pooed it then, just as I poo-poo Global Warming today. As it turns out, R-12 (CFCs) is harmful to ozone, but had a very minor effect. The hole in the ozone turned out to be naturally-occurring, but DuPont's patent on R-12 was about to expire. Now they hold the patent on R-134a.

Quite a coincidence.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The Press gave Hillary a Year off and had no problem with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join